Request for info from Phila. Inquirer

Sep 14, 2006
Folks,
I am a reporter for the Phila. Inquirer, working on an article about US Airways, PHL and baggage.

Could visitors to this site, travelers, and especially. US Airways employees, please contact me for their thoughts and analysis?

Many thanks

Craig R. McCoy

work 215-854-4821
email: [email protected]

Just in case this is the article that I requested they consider several months ago.
If you reply AND HAVE RECENTLY BEEN TO THE AIRPORT please consider providing your impression of the current viability of the airport design and it's ability to support it's traffic loads - getting from F to A-West, late deparures and arrivals, etc.. A comparison with EWR, DTW, or other similar size airports would be meaningful. Also, when you complain about Baggage, try and relate to the source - was it people or the Baggage conveyor system, or ? About a year ago there were massive complaints about the cleanliness of several areas, including restrooms and overflowing trash containers in various Terminals, peeling paint, etc. - is this still the case? Are the airport/US personnel generally courteous? And lastly provide a few recommendations. I'm not trying to be pushy here, just want the article to represent the actual facts and hope that it leads to some significant improvements by applying pressure in the right places.

Just in case this is the article that I requested they consider several months ago.
If you reply AND HAVE RECENTLY BEEN TO THE AIRPORT please consider providing your impression of the current viability of the airport design and it's ability to support it's traffic loads - getting from F to A-West, late deparures and arrivals, etc.. A comparison with EWR, DTW, or other similar size airports would be meaningful. Also, when you complain about Baggage, try and relate to the source - was it people or the Baggage conveyor system, or ? About a year ago there were massive complaints about the cleanliness of several areas, including restrooms and overflowing trash containers in various Terminals, peeling paint, etc. - is this still the case? Are the airport/US personnel generally courteous? And lastly provide a few recommendations. I'm not trying to be pushy here, just want the article to represent the actual facts and hope that it leads to some significant improvements by applying pressure in the right places.

Please be fair with this article. Much of the PHILLY factor has to do with the politics of having an airport in 2 counties and corruption in the ranks. PHL Airport doesn't seem to invest much to the terminals, expecting the airlines to keep everything up. I would think PHL would want to contribute money to the airlines so that the first impression ( the airport) in not the LAST impression of the City of Philadelphia.
Thanks

Craig,

Would not mind all the mismanagement being exposed and situations corrected. However, I hope no employee gets hammered by mgt for code of ethics violation. CYA is well demonstrated amongst mgt. Insert of Usairways code of ethics below:

News Media Contacts
Through the normal course of their duties, many Company
personnel, particularly those in management, may come
into contact with representatives of the news media.
Queries from the news media about our corporate
activities should be directed to the 24-hour media relations
telephone number, (480) 693-5729, at Corporate
headquarters in Tempe, Arizona.
The following guidelines should be strictly adhered to by
all employees if approached by the news media, either in
person or on the telephone:
• Be courteous and professional at all times, and do not
ignore the reporter.
• Give the reporter the 24-hour contact number for
Corporate Communications.
• If a phone call is received that should be referred to
Corporate Communications, do so as soon as possible.
• Never discuss Company business with any members of
the news media, unless given specific approval to do so
Business Conduct and Ethics Policy
from Corporate Communications. This applies to
employees of all levels.
• “Offhand†or “off the record†comments are not
permitted under any circumstances.
All news media inquiries involving the Company’s aircraft
or personnel should be forwarded immediately to

Gee Craig. U Seem like one helluva investigative reporter. Going to a chat log to solicit comments.
Based on the past garbage you have written......K.M.B.F.B.A