Res Center Closure Announced

pitrescsd

Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Just got word from a co-worker in PIT RES, the res center will be closing in either July or August, and if needed, will be kept open an additional month to handle call volume

its official kerry carstairs and hr reps in pittsburgh res. she just got out of meeting with employees to let them know that pit res will be closed in third quarter but a date will be announced later.

Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2005

1/Winston-Salem is site for call and service centers

US Airways announced today that Winston-Salem, N.C.,
will be the site of its consolidated reservations call
and service centers.

In accordance with the agreement reached with the
Communications Workers of America (CWA), US Airways
will consolidate existing facilities, offer all
employees the opportunity to transfer with some
relocation assistance, and if they choose not to
transfer, provide an early-out package consisting of
enhanced severance, airline pass travel, extended
medical benefits, and professional outplacement and job
assistance.

REMAINDER DELETED - POST THE LINK.

To my fellow res agents in the Burgh...one does not know whether to say congradulations or I am sorry. You all have some choices to make. For those that elect to leave (and in this industry who can blame you) I say thank you for your hard work...dealing with you all up there in the Burgh has been nothing more than an outstanding experiance. YOU GUYS AND GALS ROCK!!!! And I also best wishes in your future endevours. For those who are thinking about coming down to INT feel free to PM me if you have any questions. We will greet you all with open arms and make you feel at home.

I think half the agents are happy the rest are upset. But overall nobody is surprised except for Dan Onorato who just doesn't get it. Usairways could care less about Pittsburgh and it's employees. I am glad they have finally told us and we have time to decide what we want to do. Anyone who moves to INT has got to be nuts though. How long is it going to last there, or for that matter how much longer does U have?

EightySix said:
I think half the agents are happy the rest are upset. But overall nobody is surprised except for Dan Onorato who just doesn't get it. Usairways could care less about Pittsburgh and it's employees. I am glad they have finally told us and we have time to decide what we want to do. Anyone who moves to INT has got to be nuts though. How long is it going to last there, or for that matter how much longer does U have?
[post="242660"][/post]​

I agree completely. Winston is nothing more than a stopping-off point before the next res center is created, whether it be in this country or Alabama. Eighteen months or so, assuming US survives that long, and it'll be time to relocate res once again; eventually, most all the senior agents will have departed, and res will consist of almost all newly-hired agents in a new city, and Winston will be shut down. It's good business, & an effective way to lower costs. Not that I like it, of course, but it only makes good business sense. This is only my own opinion.

Expectorant said:
whether it be in this country or Alabama. It's good business, & an effective way to lower costs. Not that I like it, of course, but it only makes good business sense.
[post="242690"][/post]​

If US survives then they need to look at the same thing for CCY. If, as has been posted on here before, the pay at US makes it hard for those with the needed degrees to live in DC, then maybe CCY will finally make the move to Mobile as well. When is that office building going to be completed, 2006? Sounds about right so those at the top will be well compensated with the Mobile cost of living as a factor vs having to struggle to make a "living wage" in DC.

Having been through the "Kerry Carstairs Visit" when she came to close SAN Res in 2001, I want those of you in PIT Res and BCS to know that your are all in my thoughts and prayers today. I know many of you have mentally "moved on" months ago and you were probably just waiting for this day to come to finalize the new direction you were going to take in your life. I wish the best for all of you!!

For those of you contemplating moving to INT, like MCORORES above, please feel free to PM or EMAIL me with questions about our "Southern Burgh." Obviously, a much smaller town, but sometimes that can be a good thing. Also, we have a great group of agents here!! Actually, the supervisors and managers are very nice to work with as well.

Please let me know if I can help with any questions.

Good Luck to All!!! :up:

I wonder if US could get its CCY employees some tax breaks to help pay for the move to INT. Might as well consolidate facilities while in Chapter 11, so you can reject the leases and move on. Or, at least move CCY to Herndon/Reston/Fair Oaks.