Res help for award ticket needed

jcooke

Sep 2, 2004
I'm trying to book an award ticket and have found plenty of seats for the outbound flight, but I'm running into an issue with availability on the return segments.

On the return it looks like there are award seats open for the individual segments (STT-CLT-PHL) however when i try to pull STT-PHL up on the website it shows that there is no availability at all, even for connecting flights.

I called the CP line to see if they could book it, however they were unable to book it either. The rep said she is at the whim of the computer...

Suggestions? Is this indeed true that award itineraries can't be formed based on availability on each segment?

Thanks in advance.

-JC

I'm trying to book an award ticket and have found plenty of seats for the outbound flight, but I'm running into an issue with availability on the return segments.

On the return it looks like there are award seats open for the individual segments (STT-CLT-PHL) however when i try to pull STT-PHL up on the website it shows that there is no availability at all, even for connecting flights.

I called the CP line to see if they could book it, however they were unable to book it either. The rep said she is at the whim of the computer...

Suggestions? Is this indeed true that award itineraries can't be formed based on availability on each segment?

Thanks in advance.

-JC

Have you tried to book a 50K premium coach
award? These awards are booked in full coach
(Y class) and are not restricted. There are
no Saturday night stays required. Seats are
available in Y class up until departure
unless the flight is overbooked to max
capacity.

Ask about going standby on the return.If the seats are there,give it a try.The seats may not be in the booking you need,talk to the CP desk,have them check out the load factor.

i think the premium award is 70K, but you can upgrade from that as a CP because it is treated like a full-Y fare. I did that to AUA when there was no availability in F for award seat. Booked the premium seat and they upgraded at the time of the reservation.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I gave a call back to the CP desk and one of the reps was able to get me squared away on the flights that I was looking for.

I would have loved to spend the miles for the premium award however I have a feeling I'm going to need these miles for another trip to the islands for a bunch of "family and friends" B)

-JC