Res recalls

Sep 9, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Just got my call from res...I am being recalled from voluntary furlough..I took vol furlough on Dec 6, 2002. If I go back..I have to go to gen sales..not back to International where I was furloughed from..must work nights (1981 senority) until June and can only bid vacation from what is left..which is, you guessed it..nothing! comments?

Hey Piney!
I think I would rather have the stick in the eye!!! I have turned the page on the old life and am going back to school. Having given 22 years is enough for me. I am enjoying my weekends off and have hopes for a bright future in health care! Time to get off the ole roller coaster and go for the smooth ride! I will miss my co-workers..they are the best! I do leave with many fond memories, especially from Piedmont.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/11/2003 4:03:42 PM callgirlcindie wrote:

if I turn down the recall, I am terminated.
----------------
[/blockquote]

voluntary or invol?.....your post says vol

Cindie, I kinda wish someone would make me that offer (return to work or be terminated) since I don’t have the guts to try a career change at 50. I have been behind the ticket counter for 31 years now. Today I sold 2 tickets, one with a $25.00 voucher, and the other a Hilton award. Ya there was about 15 reissues for flight changes, but ticket sales were close to nothing. My job is now bout like the movie “Other Peoples Moneyâ€￾, the best damn buggy whip maker left!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/11/2003 4:08:41 PM callgirlcindie wrote:

My furlough was voluntary
----------------
[/blockquote]

how can you be terminated off vol..if you refuse?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/11/2003 4:14:49 PM callgirlcindie wrote:

I was told that if I refused the recall I was terminated
----------------
[/blockquote]

check your messages......

Thanks for the kind words Piney.It is pax like you that have made the last 22 years worthwhile..I hope the company wakes up in time not to lose you and all the other loyal "cockroaches"! I have a cockroach pin in my keepsake box along with all my service pins.Good luck to you and your intended as well!

Hey Ticketmaker, it is never too late to begin something new. 50 is young..I am 44. We still have alot to give to another endeavor. I am lucky though, because my husband is so supportive and I am able to make this decision because of him. Everyone's situation is different. Maybe start by taking a class or two, just to get your feet wet. Remember, the salary you are making right now will not increase for a long time if ever. Insurance and benefits keep going up. At some point the negative outweighs the positive. Working for U is a job, not a career anymore. Good Luck to you..

If you've already found a new carrier then go for it. However, if you are not now working go back!! Wait for war and then take the furlough again with all of those bennies. You got to spend Christmas with your family and I know you really love the people at res. Agents that is--so good luck--nights aren't so bad--and relax--March 17 is coming soon.

From the CWA contract book, Article 13 Section D, Item 2:

Employees may be recalled from a voluntary furlough if the needs of the company dictate, in inverse order of seniority. Employees who refuse recall from voluntary furlough will be deemed to have resigned from the Company and have their name removed from the seniority roster.

SO, regretfully, callgirlcindie is right, if she refuses recall, she is terminated. Best of luck to you Cindie, whatever you decide