Resignations

Air conditioned

Advanced
Mar 18, 2004
I wonder how many resignations the company has gotten/will get.

Apparently 50-60 flight attendants at MidAtlantic have already left and they were exempt from additional paycuts.

Has anyone heard?

pitguy said:
I know several people in the process of leaving. Guess what? They are all top notch employees. I truly doubt if 'U' cares though.
[post="192225"][/post]​

Learned from a friend this evening that a lot of my co-workers, “manyâ€￾ are either quitting, already quit or retiring. This includes a foremen and friend as well. It's a sad day in the neighborhood with a lot of employees seeing the writing on the walls packing it in.

Severed-N-Happy said:
Is it safe to assume most if not all the resignee's already have something lined up since they would be foregoing unemployment comp?
[post="192249"][/post]​
Everyone that I know who has left has had a replacement job before quitting. Myself included. In a small way I think that I will miss not having the long vacation afforded by unemployment. But who knows how the stress of unemployment would have affected me.

pitguy, you are correct the ones that leave are and will be top notch employees. I do consider myself one also and eventually I will high tail it out of this chicken @@@@ outfit myself. But what will be interesting is to watch the company implode. And wanna bet that management will be scratching their heads wondering what happened????

I wonder how many resignations the company has gotten/will get.

More importantly, how many FURLOUGHS will ensue? And when? Any guesses...

I feel an implosion is very probable. I don't know if it could be attributed to just the low wages though. There are several deep-rooted issues involved here. I know that the best outlook one can have here is to accept their current job at reduced wages. The money would not be raised until at least five years out and I myself would have to deem that as unacceptable as I know I can make much more at another place.

pitguy, hit the nail right on the head!!!! A lot of issues from the past that the company has chosen to ignore on top of what happened Friday makes an implosion a very likely cocktail.

Lakefield WANTS people to leave. That way he can hire $9 people as replacements. And you know what? He's gonna count on the experienced people that stay behind to pick up the load and make up for the losers that he's going to hire as replacements.

Winglet said:
Lakefield WANTS people to leave. That way he can hire $9 people as replacements. And you know what? He's gonna count on the experienced people that stay behind to pick up the load and make up for the losers that he's going to hire as replacements.
[post="192304"][/post]​

What I would like to know is who in the world would apply & be hired by USair when there won't be any raises for years?

In addition there isn't even a guarantee that the company will be around in a few months. Seems to me that the cost of training new person, after new person (I am sure turn over will be very high) would be better spent by paying the exsisting people that money and keeping them around.

The problem could be, that the $9/hour people are the $7.25/hour people, if the paycuts do go across the board.

It's very hard to hire new part timers at McDonald wages, so the position remains open and now your OT goes up and the mean average wage does also...

Same problem as pre-contract {FS} and they were concerned then as no one would take the jobs.

Lets see what they do to solve this one......