decades.

As remedy, the Company shall immediately rescind and reverse improper
boarding priority for retirees and their qualified family members and return
the boarding priority for retirees to the former priority, identical to
active employees.

Sincerely ,

Timothy C. Yost

CWA Staff Representative

Where you may agree , it,s very insensitive to add the smiley face to your comment. You have the right to your opinion of course, but consider the fine people that this issue relates to and how they feel.

You're right I apologize. But I think the east retirees need to be sensitive as to how this affects active west employees.

You're right I apologize. But I think the east retirees need to be sensitive as to how this affects active west employees.
So, how do you feel about the loss of your flexi passes?
They got that one right and totaly fair too, right?

Even as an active employee I thought those that did their time (over 25 years) deserved to be an equal with me.
I know the "ME GENERATION" doesnt think as far out as retiring since they rarely stay with any company for very long. Partly because they quit to find greener pastures or because the companies all fold. Sad comment on our times.

Even as an active employee I thought those that did their time (over 25 years) deserved to be an equal with me.
I know the "ME GENERATION" doesnt think as far out as retiring since they rarely stay with any company for very long. Partly because they quit to find greener pastures or because the companies all fold. Sad comment on our times.
I hope to retire withing the next 7years hopefully....and have been with HP 20 years, and in the industry(4th airline) for almost 30....but even when I retire I think active employess should ALWAYS have first priority...

I think that retirees boarding priority should be identical to active employees.

They did their time and retired with this perk and I think they should have been aloud to keep it.

Some of todays retirees are not that way because they chose to be. Some jobs were eliminated, some chose not to relocate families after many years of service. Also many have different jobs and don,t have the flexibility to swap days off to extend their time off.

So this is not just an east west issue.

I,am now one of those retirees that would love to still be active but had no option but to retire last March 1st.

I put in 36 years with the company, before my retirement and of course I feel as if I should at least keep my boarding priority. But having not known any other way all the years I worked its hard to adjust to.

I also understand it's not the same industry as it was years ago, and many do not stay long enough to see retirement. So I can understand the way most people feel on this topic. But I would think that having your seniority for boarding when you retire would be a least an incenitive to stay for some people.

So there is bound to be alot of emotions on both sides.

This is a place for people to express their feelings on all subjects, and to look at both sides.

I could care less about the "old" flexi passes. I have about 20 expired ones. They were worthless for buddy passes as you could buy a positive space ticket for almost the same price. The only thing I used them for SA1P travel.

I will be eligible to retire in 2 years and will have no problem boarding after active employees.

WHERE IS THE IAM ON THIS POSITION
You choose the answer:
1. Ah, at this time, we hadn't even thought it was an issue, so we have no comment. We will check into it and get back to you.
2. Ah, We will check with 700 and see what he thinks and get back to you.
3. Ah, Let's see what the other unions are sucessful at doing, and we will then decide what we will do. We will get back to you at a later time.
4. Ah, we will send over 20 or so of our guys to talk to the other union to see what's going on. After we get the information we need...we'll get back to you.
5. Ah, Check your contract and look up what our agreement is. Ah, you don't have a copy? We'll get some printed up and get back to you after you have had a chance to study it.
6. Ah, whatever the company wants is ok with us :D

December 22, 2005
File: USA-18
2005-172

US AIRWAYS SPECIAL BULLETIN PASS POLICY CHANGE

To All US Airways Mechanics and Related Employees:

The Union is in receipt of a publication put out by the company to all employees announcing changes in the company’s pass policy and boarding priorities for retirees. The union was not notified of this intended change, nor was the matter discussed with the Union. We demand a meeting with the company to discuss this matter. We believe the change in policy is a violation of the seniority rights’ of our members and a serious breech of our collective bargaining agreement. We request the company maintain the status quo regarding pass policy until the issue is resolved.

We will keep you advised of future developments.

Wishing you a happy holiday season.

Fraternally yours,

William O’Driscoll
President-Directing General Chairman

PROBABLY STILL CELEBRATING THE HOLIDAY SEASON

I think that retirees boarding priority should be identical to active employees.

They did their time and retired with this perk and I think they should have been aloud to keep it.

Ah, you hit the nail on the head!
When we retired, we were told we would keep our status. Believe it or not, that was a deciding factor for many of us. We left to save other peoples jobs that were junior and to save the company money and help it survive.

Latest posts