RETIREMENT

Dec 28, 2005
INDIANA
Visit site
I just wanted to say life is sweet after working at Usairways for 22 years and doing 3rd shift all most all of those years. I miss the people and the working on the jets. But I'm so much healthier and happy not being on third shift and commuting.
I wish they would have stayed in Indianapolis.

Im working as a supervisor for a major excavating company and really enjoying the time with my family and having weekends off and unlimited overtime and the same rate of pay on day shift.

I will always cherish the memories and the people.But I dont miss the rollercoaster ride the company has been on for years and years.

I will always apprieceate the things usair did for me and my family.I dont like the way they treated the retirees like my father who worked for them as a mechanic for 35 years and built the company from way back starting at lake central and working at allegheny.

Hes 72 now and has no health coverage and has leukemia..and he and his fellow retirees arent very happy .I understand that.

I hope the senior excutives realize how they will have to answer for the promises broken and that the retired men and women trusted them to take care of them and fullfill there contracts.Its a moral commitment and one you cant use a bankruptcy judge as a scapegoat to answer for.Just because its legal doesnt make it right...and thats basically whats wrong with Usairways...they dont care any more about there people....not at all like it use to be..Its all about profit and lining the pockits of there executives and shareholders...well we were shareholders too
and they made are shares worth nothing.

Bottom line is that its very wrong what they did to the old folks who built the airline and they will answer for it to GOD someday.

On a nicer note.....I miss My friends in Ftlauderdale and Indianapolis and Charlotte and I truly wish all of you at Usairways much success and happiness including my supervisors and coworkers..May God bless you all..... and forgive those that deserve it.

Thanks for the oppertunities and the memories...I will cherish them always....

DIRK

Thanks Dirk. It's been great working with you. Like I told you before you left, you'll be a hundred times better off. Take care of yourself.

Dirk,
It is truly Pathetic what these companies can do with the aid of the crooked Bankruptcy Laws in this Country..
Your father is a great guy, It saddens me that this company has turned their backs on him,and thousands like him.
You are correct, There will be a day that these Corporate Crooks will be required to answer[to THE judge] for their treatment of employees.
I'm glad to hear you are doing well in the excavating field, and that you no longer have to commute, "Back Home again in Indiana".
You picked a great time to get out of the airline industry.
As you well know, this industry has done a great job of [watering down] the Airframe & Powerplant License.
Thanks for the Post..

Could'nt agree more with this post. What bother's me these days is when I hear of toll collectors, janitors, part time state workers, etc. etc, the list goes on that have decent retirement's (that's ok) and I see older airline friends living in hardship after years and years of exceptional service in one of this worlds most important endeavers. Luckily, my retirement won't depend on my former airline years. The best thing you can do now is steer anyone who you care about away from airline employment. Let the toll takers kids have it!