Revenues Up For Sept

PITbull said:
Yea great news, but according to this mangement, U is broke.

Gee, I wonder what the problem could be????????
Revenue being up is probably good but it doesn't necessarily mean that there was a profit (and if there had been you'd think it might have been mentioned in the PR).

So basically the company is, at best, losing money slower.

The company's business plan, POR, disclosure statement, and amended loan guarantee application predicted the airline would not be profitable until 2005. The press release information should have been expected, however, I believe the timing is suspect and could be planned.

Thus, why release a report today, which is not required?

Let's not forget this management team is a master at third party communications, therefore, I suspect the real target of this news is AGAA, the State of Pennsylvania, and the IAM. All of these parties are under the gun, not to mention this news should splash some water onto some boiling employees.

Let's create a little Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD), immediately before negotiations begin, which will likely have an ultimatum, to extract a better deal.

During the past 18 months, how many times have we seen this act work?

Respectfully,

Chip

:eek:

Just two more points...let's not forget the company was hurt by the New York City blackout and hurricane Isabel. These two unusual events hurt US Airways more than other carrier's due to the company's route network. In addition, Reuters has never reported on Siegel's Friday message before, but they did today?

After 18 months of Siegel providing this message every Friday, why did Reuters elect to post information from the recorded message today? Furthermore, why was the Reuters column released only two hours after Siegel made his public comments...why so fast? Could Reuters have been tipped off or do they continuously call the recorded message so they can post the news immediately after its released (which Reuter's has never done before)?

Does all of this seem a little bit strange? Me thinks so...and what does FUD stand for?

Respectfully,

Chip

What I don't understand is why aren't we at least breaking even given the all the cut backs, lay offs and payroll reductions. Where is the money going? Why isn't it coming in? I thought that our pax loads were increasing. I know that pax loads aren't a good indicator of income. Does anyone know how many tickets are sold to Priceline or Orbitz?

I'm getting very discouraged.

Dea

Chip Munn said:
The company's business plan, POR, disclosure statement, and amended loan guarantee application predicted the airline would not be profitable until 2005. The press release information should have been expected, however, I believe the timing is suspect and could be planned.

Thus, why release a report today, which is not required?

Let's not forget this management team is a master at third party communications, therefore, I suspect the real target of this news is AGAA, the State of Pennsylvania, and the IAM. All of these parties are under the gun, not to mention this news should splash some water onto some boiling employees.

Let's create a little Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD), immediately before negotiations begin, which will likely have an ultimatum, to extract a better deal.

During the past 18 months, how many times have we seen this act work?

Respectfully,

Chip

:eek:
I have to agree with Chip on this. This is the same kind of rhetoric that came from management during both concessions. "If you don't give us X amount in dollars/savings..."

Like everyone, I WANT this company to succeed and be competitive, but enough is enough! If these are indeed scare tactics, then they will continue up until the hour the company sends the first Airbus to AL. The IAM HAS to take this company to task!

It's only natural that the gloom & doom will be filtering out, to scare all of us who believe in the Airbus work staying in-house.

Heck...maybe the company wants a job action from the mechanics so that U goes away and MidAtlantic rises to take it's place. Who really knows... :unsure:

Dea...I am just as discouraged as you. It's unbelievable that all of the news we get from mangement is bad! Seems to start out as good news but there is always a "BUT" and it spirals down to be nothing but discouraging news. What a way to run a company huh? :shock:

It's amazing, most of our competitors can find some positive news to report. Why cant U? The employees here at U need this from our management.... a renewed POSITIVE focus... to bring this great airline back to where it once was.

Even Attila (the scourage of God) realized that killing everyone didn't make sense. Appearantly our managment don't get it. They will give us no good news, all they are about is being derisive.

Actually there is a busness plan that is proven to work. Thats called being nice to your employees. The paradigm once eloquently stated by President Lincoln (you catch more flies with an once of honey than with a gallon of bile) It has seemed to be proven by the succsessful airlines we compete with. The boyo's at the top here havn't figured out yet that if you treat your people like
#@%^& then they work like #@%^&. Hence the constant stream of bad news and constant abuse of work force, all designed to show us we're little people and their the boss. Brilliant job of destroying a viable work force guys. Kodo's!
I hope they wake up from this stupor before it's to late.

T-bone said:
Even Attila (the scourage of God) realized that killing everyone didn't make sense. Appearantly our managment don't get it. They will give us no good news, all they are about is being derisive.

Actually there is a busness plan that is proven to work. Thats called being nice to your employees. The paradigm once eloquently stated by President Lincoln (you catch more flies with an once of honey than with a gallon of bile) It has seemed to be proven by the succsessful airlines we compete with. The boyo's at the top here havn't figured out yet that if you treat your people like
#@%^& then they work like #@%^&. Hence the constant stream of bad news and constant abuse of work force, all designed to show us we're little people and their the boss. Brilliant job of destroying a viable work force guys. Kodo's!
I hope they wake up from this stupor before it's to late. [/SIZE][/color]
Unfortunately Dave didnt learn that from His former boss...

... 16 1/2 yrs svc , furloghed 10months....

Simply stated, no one with half a brain that works here has any confidence in what Dave says or does anymore. The trust he had when he first arrived has been squandered. By him. He does not have the faith or trust of the people who work here. Unless they are on his management team.

I don't know what the grand scheme is but it is apparent he does not intend to run this airline the way DAL, AMR, LUV, NWA etc... run theirs. They are builders. Dave is not. I am caught between thinking he is inept and clueless to thinking he is a genuis and masterful in hiding his true intentions of what the future is for U.

His actions just prior to the deadline for outsourcing the Airbus work is shallow and childlike. We aren't that stupid. If he thinks we are then he IS clueless and inept. Then I think he wants to set up the case for getting the restraining orders from the judges for the inevitable job actions that will take place and use the legal system for dumping even more loyal employees to get the "super regional" on track.

We are just numbers and pawns to him. And maybe that is what they teach and Harvard. This isn't about right and wrong as many have framed it. It is about dollars. And dollars. And dollars. Sad thing is that we can make lots of dollars with our route structure and a guy like Neelman or Kelleher running the operation. Probably even more dollars than he will make with his slash and burn scenario.

This guy is smart. But if we can find a way to stick together we can at least attempt to get him out. The Airbus fiasco is our wake up call and our opportunity. We really need to stick together and fight him on this one. I hope we all understand it.

mr

Latest posts