Richard Anderson talks about consolidation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurduePete

Senior
Jun 15, 2006
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories...ml?ana=from_rss

Consolidation on Delta's mind, but as an 'acquirer'

Delta Air Lines Inc. CEO Richard Anderson told analysts Oct. 16 that consolidation could be in the cards for the Atlanta-based airline.

"This industry, including Delta and candidly all network carriers, are the products of consolidation," said Anderson, in the third-quarter earnings conference call conducted from Paris. "We firmly believe this evolution will continue."

He said his concern is for Delta (NYSE: DAL) to continue from a "position of strength. As a result, we are evaluating the best path forward for Delta."

Said Anderson: "There are obvious benefits that could accrue from consolidation for our shareholders and employees."

He did not indicate which airlines Delta is eyeing, but did say that Delta and SkyTeam Alliance partner AirFrance would make an announcement from Paris on Oct. 17 that would be a benefit to employees and would help Delta's continued international expansion.

Later, in a call with journalists, Delta President and Chief Financial Officer Ed Bastian said the company sees Delta "best positioned to be an acquirer, not an acquiree."

"That's the most important point to make," Anderson added. "We want to be in control."

The executives of Delta, the third-largest airline in the United States, would not disclose any further details about consolidation.

You don't think that he is considering NWA, do you? -_-

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories...ml?ana=from_rss

Consolidation on Delta's mind, but as an 'acquirer'

Delta Air Lines Inc. CEO Richard Anderson told analysts Oct. 16 that consolidation could be in the cards for the Atlanta-based airline.

"This industry, including Delta and candidly all network carriers, are the products of consolidation," said Anderson, in the third-quarter earnings conference call conducted from Paris. "We firmly believe this evolution will continue."

He said his concern is for Delta (NYSE: DAL) to continue from a "position of strength. As a result, we are evaluating the best path forward for Delta."

Said Anderson: "There are obvious benefits that could accrue from consolidation for our shareholders and employees."

He did not indicate which airlines Delta is eyeing, but did say that Delta and SkyTeam Alliance partner AirFrance would make an announcement from Paris on Oct. 17 that would be a benefit to employees and would help Delta's continued international expansion.

Later, in a call with journalists, Delta President and Chief Financial Officer Ed Bastian said the company sees Delta "best positioned to be an acquirer, not an acquiree."

"That's the most important point to make," Anderson added. "We want to be in control."

The executives of Delta, the third-largest airline in the United States, would not disclose any further details about consolidation.

You don't think that he is considering NWA, do you? -_-
I think it may be possible, considering NW's name is trash anyway. With soooo many BB's trashing their name, and the many customers pissed off at them, the reasonable thing for them to do is just fade away.

I do hope Anderson is his own man and not a part of the NW good ol boys club. He better do right by Delta and their employees and customers. He better check those bucket of junks Nw flys out real good. Sounds like the lack of maintenance over the last two years could be a very costly venture if they plan on continuing to fly them. jm2cents :ph34r:

I think it may be possible, considering NW's name is trash anyway. With soooo many BB's trashing their name, and the many customers pissed off at them, the reasonable thing for them to do is just fade away.

I do hope Anderson is his own man and not a part of the NW good ol boys club. He better do right by Delta and their employees and customers. He better check those bucket of junks Nw flys out real good. Sounds like the lack of maintenance over the last two years could be a very costly venture if they plan on continuing to fly them. jm2cents :ph34r:

Wish in one hand and crap in the other. ‘Consolidation’ = CEO speak for ‘conjoining entities’, breaking up assets, and selling them piece meal at a short term profit while disregarding the long term benefit. Quick money is the name of the ‘game’. Look forward to ‘more’ ‘Corporations’ moving their headquarters off-shore as a tax dodge all with the blessings of you and my tax dollars. Don’t count on ‘Unions’ to help out as their political infrastructure ‘machine’ is ingrained in archaic notions. The politicians are against us, the people are against us, and our membership is against us.

I have lived a very ‘blessed’ life compared to what will occur in the future.

Happy I Am;
View attachment 6587

B) UT

Status
Not open for further replies.