Rico Suit Against Us/alpa/rsa

Rob

Senior
Aug 19, 2002
There's a report on the Yahoo AWA group that some group has sued US, ALPA, and RSA under the Rico Act's anti-racketeering provisions.

Any truth to this? Or is it just one of those Yahoo things?

Rob said:
There's a report on the Yahoo AWA group that some group has sued US, ALPA, and RSA under the Rico Act's anti-racketeering provisions.

Any truth to this? Or is it just one of those Yahoo things?
[post="285096"][/post]​
Post the link so that we have some place to start from besides your word...

Don't get me wrong...please...but I believe nothing except fact! Prove it and I'll believe it! Thanks! Rumor is 60%, gossip 40%...works for me. If everyone throws out what they think they know then we might come out with 50% truth.

I had a mainline FO jumpseat from CLT to CHS last week. He claimed he was one of the leaders of a group of 400 pilots filing the RICO suit. This pilot told me court papers were served to Bronner, the RSA, Bill Pollock, Duane Worth, and a couple names I cant remeber. Lakefield and Siegel weren't on the list of names. He said they waited until after the merger was aproved to push their case because they want the merger to succeed. My opinion was that this pilot was telling the truth. He told me he had once been a white colar crime investigator. Also, he said there was a report somewhere on the internet about their case. I haven't been able to find it.

A Capt I worked with a few weeks ago showed me a letter from the group's lawfirm.

The letter did mention "Rico", and every name you can think of...Bronner/Siegel/Lakefield/ALPA...

This is going to take some time though, lawyers on both sides need to eat, too ;)

SoftLanding

You guys can chew on this also...besides hearing that Ferris passed out at 31 Flavors......Part of the RICO suit against ALPA National is that they now manage the new Pilot's Fidelity DC (defined contribution) plan, and supposedly make a LOT of money off of it....I actually heard they make more money off running that plan than they get in dues from U pilots. But then, I could be wrong. Greeter.

RICO suits are brought by the federal government, not a group of individuals. This one is pure smoke.

A group of AA flight attendants has filed RICO charges against their Union - APFA- and American Airlines. The case is before Judge Gershon in the Eastern District of New York - in Brooklyn. We shall see what happens.

A group of TWA pilots has filed what amounts to a Failure to Represent case against ALPA in Federal court in Southern New Jersey. This case is about the pilot seniority integration of AA and TWA pilots wherein the TWA pilots are claiming that ALPA did little to assist them with the seniority integration issue.

And I hope they win too. ALPA got in bed with American's pilot union the APA. No question the TWA pilots were sold down the river in an attempt to bring the APA pilots back into ALPA (my opinion).

A320 Driver

Your opinion is near right on. Word has it that the evidence against ALPA is pretty strong.

L1011Ret said:
Your opinion is near right on. Word has it that the evidence against ALPA is pretty strong.
[post="285225"][/post]​

Exactly. Plus since the discovery process began...oh..about 6 months ago or so, it has recently been discovered that ALPA shredded over 250 boxes of related TWA/AA merger material - long after the lawsuit started. This will be fun watching play out.

It is RICO related (ie: ALPA, APA and AMR playing footsie), but as other have pointed out - the Feds have to bring that case.

One can only hope ALPA is well insured. (..and that Woerthless has a tight "behind"). :D