Rio ends in September

algflyr

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
The September schedules just came out. The last flight to Rio (GIG) from CLT is Sept. 11th. That pairing has the crew working to GIG and then double deadheading back on AA through MIA, then Rio is no longer in the schedule. I thought the Rio flights were staying until the end of the year.

I looked on the AA website and apparently AA only flies to Rio from MIA and JFK. Anyone know what will happen to the CLT authority? Will they add another flight from somewhere else? If so, anyone know a timeframe it has to happen in? I didn't see any additional frequencies from anywhere after the CLT flight stops on the 11th...  

Sorry if this was posted somewhere else, I couldn't find it if it was...

Pull down in CLT international flying is in full force. Any bets how much of the seasonal flying will be back next summer?

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
AA also has flights from GIG to DFW and JFK.

GIG is effectively open skies now and all of Brazil to the US will be in about a year and a half. There are ample opportunities for any US carrier to start any services from any airports except GRU and Campinas that they want right now.

Brazilian carriers have many more opportunities to expand because they have fewer flights than US carriers which is why Azul will be able to start Campinas service this fall (northern hemisphere).

737823 said:
Pull down in CLT international flying is in full force. Any bets how much of the seasonal flying will be back next summer?

Josh
one flight is full force.? ...lmao  and seasonal flying changes pretty much every year hence the term seasonal flying.

Reactions: 1 person
it is to a banker!   esp one who Really Doesn't Know much about the inner workings..... of an airline that he thinks he does!

GRU seems to be real popular    Is it more pop than the Rio flight

robbedagain said:
it is to a banker!   esp one who Really Doesn't Know much about the inner workings..... of an airline that he thinks he does!

GRU seems to be real popular    Is it more pop than the Rio flight
GRU has a 330 on it so I'd say yes based that

US rarely bought a used airplane, unlike your deltoid who is always at the boneyard looking for planes to buy, heard they approached the Smithsonian to purchase the Wright Flyer.

And US has a younger fleet than Delta.

US average fleet is 12 years Delta is 16.9 years.

Reactions: 4 people
737823 said:
Josh
That's right they are going to take the clt hub down one flight at a time

I guess it went past you that a second LHR flight was added