Round 2 of America West Recall Letters...

flyguy121

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Anticipating a Training Class Bid Form for the upcoming East Recalls, I received a letter today, but it turned out to be a second (and last) chance to bid for an upcoming Training Class at America West for May only.

One interesting addition to this letter which was not included in the previous letter is the following:

"As you make your decision about whether to bid one of these America West training classes, it is important for you to be aware that US Airways has announced a recall to the east of approximately 400 flight attendants for June 2006. Additional details on those recalls will be mailed to furloughed flight attendants in mid-April."

Since this announcement is nearly a week old, and the company is reportedly scrambling to have an additional 400 F/A's return for June...Why are letters not going out for another entire month? Once the Form is received, it's usually another 7-10 days before the deadline for receiving the Bid Forms, followed by Classes finally being awarded. Seems like an unnecessarily long time to me. :unsure:

I'm curious to know if anyone who accepted a Training Date of next week or in April still plan to attend? Or are there any more interested in this final recall at America West?

Just opened the same letter and disappointed it was not a letter telling more about the East recall. PASS (again) <_< They should have saved the postage! ;)

Agreed. Actually, I was a bit surprised to even receive a second letter offering a Training Class at America West since I didn't respond to the first letter. I was under the impression that no response to the first letter would be considered a permanent pass because my Form was never received by the initial deadline.

Guess I'll just keep watching for that letter for East recalls. <SIGH> :huh: