"RPA Lawsuit" and Appeal

Aug 27, 2008
Several years ago three groups of flight attendants filed lawsuits against American Airlines, AMR and APFA for having imposed what the company and Union referred to as the "Restructuring Participation Agreement" (RPA). The lawsuits challenged the manner in which the RPA had been negotiated, voted upon and allegedly approved. The lawsuit charged AA and APFA with having violated their statutory, federal common law and state law duties. The "RPA Lawsuit" is the result of these actions.

On July 22, 2008 two thirds of the claims were dismissed and the defendants were granted summary judgment on the remaining claims.

On August 20, 2008, a group of flight of flight attendants filed Notice that they were appealing this decision, both on their own behalf and on behalf of a proposed Class of similarly situated flight attendants.

For information about the lawsuit go to
www.rpalawsuit.net

and for information about the appeal go to
www.wewantourmoneyback.net.

Proving once again that there exist lawyers willing to take their clients' money despite a negigible (or even nonexistent) chance of prevailing on the merits. Also some evidence that there are flight attendants out there with money to burn.

Also some evidence that there are flight attendants out there with money to burn.

Seriously, I am wondering where they found their sugar daddy/mommy. I guess I am looking in the wrong place. Maybe they are among the group that regularly flies 150+ hours a month. Just to waste it on this. CRAZY!!! As if the outcome is going to change this time around. I guess without hope, you have nothing.

Seriously, I am wondering where they found their sugar daddy/mommy. I guess I am looking in the wrong place. Maybe they are among the group that regularly flies 150+ hours a month. Just to waste it on this. CRAZY!!! As if the outcome is going to change this time around. I guess without hope, you have nothing.

The amount to be raised is small, for printing the documents to be presented to the court. They have to be bound. The lawyers due not profit from this unless the case is won, then they get theirs off the top.

That Courthouse is very impressive. one level below the Supremes. Go if you get chance.

Hey! Hey! Hey! Let's go easy on the legal profession! We have to earn a living, too. Just because I believe most lawyers are societal parasites doesn't mean they are all bad. I sue the IRS for taxpayers but I still have 20 years on the ramp at SJC. I don't even drive a Mercedes like my Crew Chief does, so go easy!

The amount to be raised is small, for printing the documents to be presented to the court. They have to be bound. The lawyers due not profit from this unless the case is won, then they get theirs off the top.

That Courthouse is very impressive. one level below the Supremes. Go if you get chance.

We are sending a contribution to a worthwhile cause.

We are sending a contribution to a worthwhile cause.

The money is for the "Court Costs" as noted above. When presenting a case such as this to the appeals Court, the plaintiffs must present bound volumes of evidence. It is very expensive to get all this material printed and bound. My guess for this appeal, $10,000 to $15000. The lawyers are not getting this money, the printing firm is, The lawyers will present case the knowing that they will get paid off the top if the case is won. But they will not pay the printing the printing costs out of their own pockets. They would not take this appeal on contingency if they did not believe there was a reasonable chance of winning. It is a crapshoot, you can never be sure you will win. You have little to lose but a lot to gain. Go for it. We are both contributing.

The money is for the "Court Costs" as noted above. When presenting a case such as this to the appeals Court, the plaintiffs must present bound volumes of evidence. It is very expensive to get all this material printed and bound. My guess for this appeal, $10,000 to $15000. The lawyers are not getting this money, the printing firm is, The lawyers will present case the knowing that they will get paid off the top if the case is won. But they will not pay the printing the printing costs out of their own pockets. They would not take this appeal on contingency if they did not believe there was a reasonable chance of winning. It is a crapshoot, you can never be sure you will win. You have little to lose but a lot to gain. Go for it. We are both contributing.

It is obvious that you have taken the time to visit the websites and have read the information about the case. We could certainly use a few more informed people like you.

I will also be sending my contribution to the group.

It is obvious that you have taken the time to visit the websites and have read the information about the case. We could certainly use a few more informed people like you.

I will also be sending my contribution to the group.

Yes I have. And read all the briefs too. Go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

What is going to change this time??? APFA's account balance for legal fees, yet again. This is OUR money that is being wasted. OUR money that should be spent on negotiations and representation. What a ridiculous waste of funds. The thought that when I go to work and part of my dues money is going to defend a lawsuit that has been deemed to have no merit on any of the counts just makes me sick.

I still believe that this whole thing does not have much to do with the restructuring at all. I believe it has to do with union busting, lucrative positions (chief counsel, PR Firm, and a plethora of lawyers to suck us dry, along with a puppet set of national officers who would let them run our union)to be sold within a "new" union, and plain old attention getting. For those FAs who are participating in this, I no longer feel any empathy or sympathy for you whatsoever. You have done way too much damage already and now, by working to deplete our monies to safeguard our futures, I now hold you in comtempt. Get over it. You lost. As did our dues treasury.

What is going to change this time??? APFA's account balance for legal fees, yet again. This is OUR money that is being wasted. OUR money that should be spent on negotiations and representation. What a ridiculous waste of funds. The thought that when I go to work and part of my dues money is going to defend a lawsuit that has been deemed to have no merit on any of the counts just makes me sick.

I still believe that this whole thing does not have much to do with the restructuring at all. I believe it has to do with union busting, lucrative positions (chief counsel, PR Firm, and a plethora of lawyers to suck us dry, along with a puppet set of national officers who would let them run our union)to be sold within a "new" union, and plain old attention getting. For those FAs who are participating in this, I no longer feel any empathy or sympathy for you whatsoever. You have done way too much damage already and now, by working to deplete our monies to safeguard our futures, I now hold you in comtempt. Get over it. You lost. As did our dues treasury.

If the plaintiffs win, and I surely hope they do, I know you will send any monies you receive as part of the settlement to the APFA treasury.

If the plaintiffs win, and I surely hope they do, I know you will send any monies you receive as part of the settlement to the APFA treasury.
No chance of them winning...... it's over , they lost .....
Now stop wasting APFA's money, we need it to move ahead ..... get real !!!

Who are you to tell others what to do? Comments like that just strengthen resolve. No chance of them winning? How would you know?

Stop wasting APFA's money????? Maybe APFA should stop wasting money on polls and bag tags and videos of F/As bitching (page 1 of the APFA website.)

Get to the table, negotiate a contract, oh and ......if it's not too much trouble....respond to the emails we send, and answer the damn phones when we call.

Who are you to tell others what to do? Comments like that just strengthen resolve. No chance of them winning? How would you know?
Just take a look at the previous lawsuits... ie: SIA lawsuit....
It seems once it's thrown out .... that's all she wrote...
Just my thoughts ....