Runoff Election

LiveInAHotel

Veteran
Nov 5, 2003
Visit site
Yes, we will have a runoff election for the APFA National Officers. Here is part of the APFA Hotline for Friday, January 30, 2004:

Hello. This is George Price, APFA National Communications Coordinator, with the APFA Hotline for Friday, January 30, 2004.

Ballots for the APFA National Officer runoff election will be mailed to all members on February 9, 2004. They are due back by 0900 Central Time on March 10, 2004. A detailed breakdown of the initial election results has been posted on the APFA Web site. If you have recently moved, please ensure that your address is current with the APFA Membership Department. They can be contacted by e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at 1-800-395-2732, Extension 8153. The National Ballot Committee would like to stress the importance of following the ballot instructions carefully when completing your ballot. Please be sure to use a pencil when marking your ballot. Use of other writing utensils to mark your ballot creates a delay in the ballot counting process. In the initial election, only 50 percent of the eligible members actually cast ballots. All members are encouraged to exercise their right to vote in the upcoming runoff election.

Once again the TWA'ers have tipped the scale in favor of Hutto-Blake. I find it very interesting that they should want Tommie as Pres. This should be the kiss of death for Hutto-Blake in the run off. I encourage everyone to RE-ELECT John Ward.

what is hilariously ironic about this scenario is that the twa'ers want Ward out of office because, in part, he has shown them nothing but utter contempt. The other reason is because they know, that eventually the courts will rule in their favor and they will get their jobs back....and when they get their jobs back, all the actions Ward has done to stick it to them, will still be in place....Then nAAtives will have NO furlough pay, no unlimited recall rights, no mechanisms in place to save everyone's job (which will then be nAAtive jobs, not twa jobs). However, the twa'er know that there is more to just having a job....ask the mid to junior level nAAtives how they like the jobs they now have, thanks in large measure to the actions of John Ward....it is ironic that while the twa'ers really dislike Ward, they are keeping their eye on the prize....and looked for someone who had 1. a chance to be Ward, and 2. has the ability and skills and experience to be able to work with AA to make meaningful changes to the working conditions of the f/as. IF you re-elect Ward, you deserve what you have and what you get......it is ironic that the twa'er are trying to elect TBH because they know Ward doesn't have a clue about how to get things done...he has made a total mess with the RPA and can't even address the issues in this election...all he and his cronies can do is throw up the seniority smoke screen, which there is NOTHING they can do about it....IT IS IN THE HANDS OF THE COURTS.....PERIOD.......I bet he doesn't have the balls to agree to a debate....

MiAAmi said:
Once again the TWA'ers have tipped the scale in favor of Hutto-Blake. I find it very interesting that they should want Tommie as Pres. This should be the kiss of death for Hutto-Blake in the run off. I encourage everyone to RE-ELECT John Ward.
When exactly did the TWAers tip the scale previously? Oh, I remember, the vote on the RPA before Ward and his minions fixed the election.

None of the TWAers suffer from any delusions that any other nAAtive candidate for the presidency of the APFA had a different stance on seniority integration or that the president had the power to alter the policy absent the support of the Executive Committee, the Board of Directors and the general membership.

The main reason for opposing Ward was his pathological hatred of anyone who had anything to do with TWA. He did not have to support seniority integration in order to treat them in a civil manner. To this day he refuses to even talk to any of the TWA representatives on issues that have nothing to do with the seniority dispute. When you combine that with his eagerness to stick it to the TWAers at every opportunity that he had, such as offering to give up furlough pay that the company did not even put on its list of possible concessions, it is not hard to figure out why the TWAers preferred any other candidate to Ward. Tommie Hutto - Blake was the beneficiary of the vote because she was viewed as the one candidate most likely to upset Ward and win outright in the first round. If Ellis or Salomon would have been perceived as the candidate most likely to defeat Ward, they would have been the vote of choice.

And before you start preaching to me that nAAtives also suffered from the furlough pay concession, let me point out to you that there is a major difference between losing two weeks of pay at the bottom of the pay scale and two months of pay at the top of the pay scale. Not only that, Ward took the position that even the May 1, 2003 furloughees were not entitled to receive severance pay. Fortunately, the company ignored his argument and saw it differently and did the right thing by paying those flight attendants their furlough pay because their last day on the job was April 30, 2003, one day prior to the May 1 effective date of the RPA.

Just as I expected........The TWA'ers jump at the chance to show that its vengence they want. Not the well being of the entire AA group. I am confident in the courts too. John will be re-elected because no one will side with the TWA'ers this time. The run off might as well be the AA'ers against the TWA'ers.

MiAAmi said:
Just as I expected........The TWA'ers jump at the chance to show that its vengence they want. Not the well being of the entire AA group. I am confident in the courts too. John will be re-elected because no one will side with the TWA'ers this time. The run off might as well be the AA'ers against the TWA'ers.
I would suggest you get on to "the boards". The tides are changing-my dear.
We are being hailed for our unity in "getting John Ward OUT"-count the votes. You were
10,000 votes short!!! Shame on those f/a's that didn't think this was important
enough to vote--HALF your membership, MiAAmi-SHAME!!!!

Ward needs to go. He allowed his hate for the TWA people to poison the working conditions for everyone. Gee, I wonder how he will like flying the line again. Hope he likes his short layovers. Hope he likes flying with people who have no respect for him.

Youre right, shame on those who didn't vote. But the tide is not changing. The fact that the TWA'ers basically made a block vote. (essentially shooting themselves in the foot). Now no one will vote for Blake because TW is behind her. Even if only half vote again it won't be hard to get votes for Ward because we will all be voting against TWA. Ward may be a thorn in TW'ers side but he has been there during critical contract negotiations. I would rather have him there durning the next round than any of the other canidates.

Miami said "Ward may be a thorn in TW'ers side but he has been there during critical contract negotiations."

Miami - (Edited by moderator) Of course Ward was there during critical contract negotiation - he gave it all way! Even things that weren't asked for - he gave it all away.

super80fa said:
Ward needs to go. He allowed his hate for the TWA people to poison the working conditions for everyone. Gee, I wonder how he will like flying the line again. Hope he likes his short layovers. Hope he likes flying with people who have no respect for him.
I don't think we will be seeing Wardo on the line again. He is seeking a management position with AMR. It was probably a deal he made with Carty to sell us out!

MiAAmi said:
Must be the same drug that most AA flight attendants are taking because Ward is one of 2 canidates in the run off.
Miami - Since the moderator will not let me use that old expression - I will try to say it another way.

You are always mad at the TWA people -and reno people. and any AA f/a that didn't vote for Ward. You don't want the truth to get out about Ward...............You even state that he has done a good job negotiating a contract. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? WHERE WERE YOU AT DURING THE LAST NEGOTIATION? Ward gave it all away. He is inexperienced - doesn't know how to work with the company (for the union membership). He was a company person during the negotiations.

You need to get on that medication that you say all the people are on. It would help you remember.