Ryanair bids for AerLingus

skyguy25

Advanced
Nov 30, 2003
With Ryanair's attempt to purchase Aer Lingus, I think Southwest should jump to aquire a codeshare agreement if the deal goes through. Knowing how Ryanair does business i can see them re-entering aer lingus to PHL continuing LAX and possibly moving in to IAD or BWI since Iceland air is taking a break for the winter from BWI- and then entering another SWA city for easy connects domestically here in the United States- MCO or STL or MCI. It would open up places as far aways as Dubai for SWA and places like Boise and Cleveland for our European friends. (yes Europeans need to get to those places too) After all - Ryanair spent many a month in DAL and got off the ground with WN's help. Do i smell complete global domination for the LCC's.....well at least let me dream a day or two! :)

While it is true that Ryanair did study & is based on the SW model, they are horrible from a "customer service" point of view. Moreover, how do you explain to somebody from the USA on a SW-Ryanair codeshare that eventhough they bought a ticket to Milan they are instead in Bergano (Orio al Serio) (or Malmo instead of Copenhagen, or Hahn AFB instead of Frankurt or Bratislava instead of Vienna, etc. etc. etc.). Oh, and I've heard that in the past if a Ryanair flight is cancelled, good luck trying to get an explanation from an agent (or even finding one) - especially at smaller EU stations.

While it is true that Ryanair did study & is based on the SW model, they are horrible from a "customer service" point of view. Moreover, how do you explain to somebody from the USA on a SW-Ryanair codeshare that eventhough they bought a ticket to Milan they are instead in Bergano (Orio al Serio) (or Malmo instead of Copenhagen, or Hahn AFB instead of Frankurt or Bratislava instead of Vienna, etc. etc. etc.). Oh, and I've heard that in the past if a Ryanair flight is cancelled, good luck trying to get an explanation from an agent (or even finding one) - especially at smaller EU stations.
how do you explain? lol....you sell a ticket to Bergano or Bratislava, like you do to Islip instead of JFK or LGA or you use MHT or PVD instead of BOS.. I don't think people who fly WN think when they buy a ticket to SNA or BUR that they are going to LAX! I have never heared upon landing in ISP from a passegner "where are all the skyscrapers and people? i thought i was going to NYC?"