S.1113 Process To Begin In About 1-week?

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
According to today’s Washington Post, US Airways spokesman David Castelveter declined to comment on the meeting (with Specter and Santorum) but said the airline "expects to move quickly to achieve its cost-cutting objectives."

See Story

In today’s Pittsburgh Tribune-Review "The company told (pilot leaders) we have about a week to get a consensual agreement," said Jack Stephan, spokesman for the US Airways unit of the Air Line Pilots Association.

See Story

A special MEC meeting has been called for September 22 in Charlotte, but that is one week from today. MEC chairman Bill Pollock in a code-a-phone last night As the Negotiating Committee (NC) is restricted by the MEC’s resolution on September 10th, and as our advisors have said that unless these restrictions are lifted—which only the MEC (roll call four) can authorize—we are unlikely to reach a consensual agreement with the Company during bankruptcy unless the MEC removes these restrictions. It is the hope of the MEC officers that the MEC will soon make the decision to remove these restrictions on the Negotiating Committee so that we can engage in serious discussions with the Company to work toward a consensual agreement.

See Story

USA320Pilot comments: Unless the RC4 resents a resolution to lift the restriction that the NC can authorize a pay cut different than 16.25% and a DC Plan cut of 10%, according to ALPA’s advisors there will be no consensual agreement and the S.1113(e) process could be implemented where the cuts could be more severe.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Guess you are wrong once again

From this Article:

Click Here

The airline, in its second bankruptcy in two years, said it will continue to seek agreements instead of asking the court to cancel contracts in a proceeding called an 1113 motion.

My big question is this: If the union contracts are busted in the 1113 motion when will the company force the new payscales? I tend to think it will be in January so mass exodus does not happen with the employees before Thanksgiving and Christmas. If they are going to pay the employees what they want them to make and rewrite the contracts with the judges approval I wish they would hurry up and do it. (Although I hate it had to come to this). Another Thanksgiving and another Christmas working....I hope not.

They don't have that kind of time. The new pay rates and work rules need to be immediate. Maybe the company can get their good friend Sen. Sanitarium to introduce emergency legislation to re-institute limited slavery that would apply only to UAIR employees who tried to leave the company! :lol:

jimntx said:
They don't have that kind of time. The new pay rates and work rules need to be immediate. Maybe the company can get their good friend Sen. Sanitarium to introduce emergency legislation to re-institute limited slavery that would apply only to UAIR employees who tried to leave the company! :lol:
[post="180446"][/post]​

i would think that would go against the will of the employees not being allowed to leave the company. that is almost like a prisoner having to work with the heavy supervision of the cops but with no rights.