Sad Song

Light Years

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
www.usaviation.com
If anyone gets a chance to listen to the song "Tuesday Morning" by Melissa Etheridge, please do...

Its about Mark Bingham, one of the heroes of Flight 93. His mother was a UA F/A. The song is a great tribute that also makes you think about some of our nations current "issues" and predjudices... It brought tears to my eyes, particularly towards the end.

Sorry for the sad topic... may the world never forget.

Tuesday Morning Lyrics

10:03 on a Tuesday morning
In the fall of an American dream
Man is doing what he knows is right
On Flight 93

Loved his mom and he loved his dad
Loved his home and he loved his man
But on that bloody Tuesday morning
He died an American

Now you cannot change this
And you can't erase this
You can't pretend this is not the truth

Even though he could not marry
Or teach our children in your schools
Because who he wants to love
Is breaking your God's rules

He stood up on a Tuesday morning
In the terror he was brave
And he made his choice, and without a doubt
A hundred lives he must have saved

And you can't erase this

And the things you might take for granted
Your inalienable rights
Some might choose to deny him
Even though he gave his life

Can you live with yourself in the land of the free
If they make him less of a hero than the other three
Well it might begin to change here
In a field in Pennsylvania

And you can't erase this

Stand up America
Hear the bell now as it tolls
Wake up America
It's Tuesday morning
C'mon, let's roll

And you can't erase this

Neil Young also wrote a song about the PA crash, "Lets Roll". I have only listened to it once, though I am a big Neil fan. I flew both of the UA planes that crashed. Its hard to think about all of that too much. A very tough event on everybody.

I personally found it disgusting that only one person was picked out as a hero on that flight, and that his wife shamelessly exploited that attention with a book, speaking tour, and TV talk shows...all the while minimizing the fact that everyone on that flight...including Mark Bingham...was a hero.

I was disgusted by her profiting from the tragedy and those in the administration and the press who singled this one person out as somehow THE savior of that flight. A glaring example of the superficiality and simplemindedness of our culture.

Just my harsh opinion about the whole affair. Yuck.

spacewaitress said:
I personally found it disgusting that only one person was picked out as a hero on that flight, and that his wife shamelessly exploited that attention with a book, speaking tour, and TV talk shows...all the while minimizing the fact that everyone on that flight...including Mark Bingham...was a hero.

I was disgusted by her profiting from the tragedy and those in the administration and the press who singled this one person out as somehow THE savior of that flight. A glaring example of the superficiality and simplemindedness of our culture.

Just my harsh opinion about the whole affair. Yuck.
At first glance you could be talking about Jessica Lynch. (lol)

Hey there Space....I can't agree with you more.

One of my best friends was working that flight. She called home to tell her husband that if she made it (which she had NO DOUBT they would) she would quit upon landing. She told him she couldn't talk because they were busy brewing water for a weapon, arming paxs with ice mallets and such, and putting together a strategy in the galley (they even had a pilot ..not UAL I believe...to fly after they took it back), they had NO time to chat on the phone reciting the Lord's Prayer with an operator. It's okay though, we should let it go, at least the souls on that plane have been recognized for what they were, HEROS!!! Although only one guy got most of the credit, they are remembered as the Heros of 93. They were ALL heros in my book.