Safest City in US?

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
Why?
Mandatory gun ownership with certain exceptions. There is crime, but not anywhere near the national averages.

Kennesaw crime statistics report an overall upward trend in crime based on data from 11 years with violent crime increasing and property crime increasing. Based on this trend, the crime rate in Kennesaw for 2013 is expected to be higher than in 2010.

The city violent crime rate for Kennesaw in 2010 was lower than the national violent crime rate average by 85.16% and the city property crime rate in Kennesaw was lower than the national property crime rate average by 46.46%.

In 2010 the city violent crime rate in Kennesaw was lower than the violent crime rate in Georgia by 85.15% and the city property crime rate in Kennesaw was lower than the property crime rate in Georgia by 56.74%.

http://www.cityrating.com/crime-statistics/georgia/kennesaw.html#.UTClOzeyIg8

Reactions: 1 person
Kennesaw is in the northwest metro area of Atlanta. There is no reason other than the same differences between any communities in a large metro area to explain the different crime rates. I don't believe Kennesaw has any different gun laws than the rest of Georgia.

There are obviously cities in the same metro Atlanta area as well as the state that have above-average crime rates.

Also, if I remember reading correctly there is no enforcement capability on the law and exemptions can be granted for nearly anyone who does not want a gun. I could move there, tell them I do not agree with guns and get an exemption. So when it comes down to it, the gun laws there are do different than anywhere else.

Reactions: 3 people
Kennesaw is in the northwest metro area of Atlanta. There is no reason other than the same differences between any communities in a large metro area to explain the different crime rates. I don't believe Kennesaw has any different gun laws than the rest of Georgia.

There are obviously cities in the same metro Atlanta area as well as the state that have above-average crime rates.
The gun laws do differ radically from any other town in the country if you look and reflect a change from when the law was instituted. Its merely facts. Granted their murder rate never was high but there is a radical drop in burglaries and robberies which often end quite tragically.

Also, if I remember reading correctly there is no enforcement capability on the law and exemptions can be granted for nearly anyone who does not want a gun. I could move there, tell them I do not agree with guns and get an exemption. So when it comes down to it, the gun laws there are do different than anywhere else.

You'd still be a minority in an obviously progun area enjoying relative freedom from violent crime all on the backs of law abiding gun owners.

In 1982 the city of Kennesaw passed an ordinance [Sec 34-21] that read:

(a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.
(b)Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.​

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]You guys run around pulling out per capita crime stats all the time and here is one instance where mandatory gun ownership is required and your precious crime stats don't count ??........if that doesn't show the hypocrisy of the left I don't know what does.[/background]​
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Why don't you get LaGrange to go mandatory ownership as a new experiment on the left.[/background]​

I know plenty of people in Kennesaw who don't own firearms. Will it provide an opening for all the crime lords down I-75 in Marietta if they know that?

Also, if I remember reading correctly there is no enforcement capability on the law and exemptions can be granted for nearly anyone who does not want a gun.

Only if they didn't follow your advise and pass a law requiring all guns to be registered and titled. Then they would know if you owned one or not.

I could move there, tell them I do not agree with guns and get an exemption.

Yeah and If I lived in DC two years ago, I could just ask the police for a waiver from their total gun ban, then own a gun, right?

So when it comes down to it, the gun laws there are do different than anywhere else.

Gun laws in Kennesaw, GA are no different than gun laws in New York City? Got it.

The gun laws do differ radically from any other town in the country if you look and reflect a change from when the law was instituted. Its merely facts. Granted their murder rate never was high but there is a radical drop in burglaries and robberies which often end quite tragically

My gut tells me only some burglaries and robberies end tragically. And while that may may too many, no need to blow it out of proportion.

You'd still be a minority in an obviously progun area enjoying relative freedom from violent crime all on the backs of law abiding gun owners.

On the backs of law abiding gun owners?
Wow. You are my hero. Too bad for me that unlawful gun owners get their guns from lawful gun owners. Wonder how that happens?

Why don't you get LaGrange to go mandatory ownership as a new experiment on the left.

Not my job. I live two states away. Why dont you?

The gun laws do differ radically from any other town in the country if you look and reflect a change from when the law was instituted. Its merely facts. Granted their murder rate never was high but there is a radical drop in burglaries and robberies which often end quite tragically

My gut tells me only some burglaries and robberies end tragically. And while that may may too many, no need to blow it out of proportion.

On the backs of law abiding gun owners?
Wow. You are my hero. Too bad for me that unlawful gun owners get their guns from lawful gun owners. Wonder how that happens?

Why don't you get LaGrange to go mandatory ownership as a new experiment on the left.

Not my job. I live two states away. Why dont you?

Its like apples and oranges and I don't like fruit.

Can not argue that!
But Dont forget dawn nyguyen who legally purchased a weopon and sold it to william spengler or adam lanza who stole weapons from a lawful gun owner..

So you just proved someone intent on creating criminal action can get a gun....why is that penalizing the legal law abiding gun owner?

Guns are as easily obtainable as drugs on the street or in a bar or on the street corner. Why do we need to penalize the people who obey the law?

Because in the end, its about total confiscation by the government. Explain why the government wants all guns registered.....only so they know where they are so they can confiscate them.

You could look at it that way or you could look at it the way I intended it.

Lawful gun owners are losing control of their weapons. I dont want to take your weapons away but i dont want careless gun owners to lose control or give up control of their weapons that can be used against me. Personally, I think firearms should have traceability so I or my family can sue the crap out of someone who lost control of a weapon used against me.

Metropolitan areas norm is high tensity. Large number of people means a higher than normal number of criminals. And the gun lobby indists on doing nothing to control the movement of guns that flow into cities that start out as legal purchases

Thats their job. To see that criminals get guns so law abiding citezens get guns. They have created a profitable fear based marketing strategy and we're getting tired of it.

I. Say it again, i dont want to strip anyone of their weapons. I want weapon owners held accountable for their guns. However, the nra's and your f'you attitudes is why I support Bloomberg's anti gun PAC. If there is no compromise, You will lose more rhan you wanted to.

Always missing the point. The majority of thugs in and around Kennesaw, believe there,s a gun behind every door and I, m sure, think twice before kicking down a Kennesaw citizens door. Hopefully, my county, which is an hour south of Kennesaw, takes heed !