Safety Campaign at US AIRWAYS

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
Does anyone think it is a worthy idea that a safety campaign can be coordinated with all work groups speaking the same language? Clearly, I'm not talking about anything illegal but I've seen enough safety alerts to suggest that safety is 'takn for granted'. I'm not sure you can count on your company or union to actually enforce the safety guidelines that are established for the protection of the workers. The way I understand it, the safety requirements only work if the worker follows them.

I think Parker and his boys [alpa, IAM] have forgot about 'all' of the human elements and that the masses must unify. I heard it said that Parker was a man of faith, and maybe he is [certainly that's between him and the Lord], but as an ordained minister myself, I think the biblical mandate of justice is being violated on this property while the God of money is being worshipped and served. "Gots" to take care of people first but it isn't happening on this property. Corporate greed is more alive than ever.

I think something radical in thought must happen for justice on this property. I think the masses must unify by themselves. I think all have had enough of the dribble and babble that has violated justice. I think pilot, ramp rat, mechanic, stew, everyone who has an ear to hear, is ready to stand up for what is right. I think there is much power in 35,000 people standing up, it would be nice if it was through Collective Bargaining Agents [CBA], who are suppose to stand for justice on the job, but the CBA's are in sore need of fixing in America. The unions on the property have become the 'opium' of the masses. A new paradigm is in sore need for the masses.

I think pilot participation is at a high, I know ramp participation is also at a high, I gotta think
M & R participation is at a high and if we could all participate together, IMO, it would be of great power. Let's get this done and unify all groups for the purpose of justice on the job, which means keeping a safe respectable workplace. Those Pilots who have ears to hear, those Mechanics who have ears to hear, those ramp rats who have ears to hear, and all other groups who have ears to hear.....

Share with me your thoughts,
[email protected]

regards,

Didn't you learn the first time you said everyone should do a slowdown on The Big Picture?

Remember the company tried to fire you back then and you got a suspension?

Don't have to talk to anyone. I'm sick and tired of safety violations and safety alerts and don't fear anything but the Lord.

regards,

Again, learn your history. Find out about what happened to Bob. Your approach is faulty. Do the research.

Tim all ready knows, US tried to fire him for calling for a slowdown that he posted on The Big Picture, the IAM saved his job, he ended up with a suspension.

Tim all ready knows, US tried to fire him for calling for a slowdown that he posted on The Big Picture, the IAM saved his job, he ended up with a suspension.

Exactly, and what has changed to make it any different today?

I see nothing wrong with doing everything by the book...that in itself equates to a slow down. How can it not be legal?

Ask the UA or NW mechanics that had TROs taken out against them for working safe.

700, how can a company 'try' to fire someone? I'm not sure I follow your thinking. Company's can do better than 'try' to fire someone. Get your head out of your a$$ my friend. A company will fire someone or it will not fire someone. Case closed. FWIW: If i was calling for a slowdown years ago, i would have been fired but you are in error.

For the record, stop your libel because I was never suspended EVER, I was NEVER ever suspended nor fired. Didn't even miss any work at all. Second off, what you were referring to was before I was even an IAM member. The IAM did nothing at all because they weren't on the property, had to work things out through the employee committee. You have awful info 700 and I have told you this before but you are not a good listener. You believe what others manufacture about people and for that you have a terrible time realizing the truth. I know who you are and we have never even spoken. Next time I'm in CLT, ask me some questions and you will get some answers.

At any rate, who cares. I have no idea what you folks are referring to and I fear nobody for doing the right thing. 700, if you're suggesting that I am trying to get a slowdown gathered then you are sadly mistaken. We have a contract and it prohibits strikes and slowdowns. Not telling anyone to work slow, stay professional. All I'm saying is that workers at US AIRWAYS need to work safe and that means I'm sick and tired of seeing all these safety alerts posted on the breakroom walls like wallpaper. I am not talking about anything illegal. Actually, I think you have told people to work safe on this site, am I right or wrong? Safety procedures established by the company do not work unless workers abide by them. Sooner or later someone is going to get hurt, and bad.

regards,

Sure Timmy,

Let me Call JC, or JR and they know exactly what happened.

I thought a man of the cloth is not suppose lie?

Sure Timmy,

Let me Call JC, or JR and they know exactly what happened.

I thought a man of the cloth is not suppose lie?
Call whoever you want. First call Ed Milson [clt?] and Frank O'donnel [in PHL]who handled my employee committee meeting which also had Al Hemmingway there and my manager at the time. Back then when we were non-contract that was how it worked. 700, i'm not trying to bust your balls ok. And I certainly wouldn't lie about this. And who cares about something that happened so long ago anyways? Look, I was never suspended ever. Not even for one day. I don't know what else to tell you but you are getting this from the primary source. I 100% disagree with JR on this TA but I don't know him as a liar so I seriously doubt JR would say that. Check back with him. As for JC, I can certainly believe he would say that, but that doesn't make it true.

At any rate, I think me and you have more in common than you think. I understand you are in disagreement with my dogged determined desire to exercise my right to organize and get the IAM off the property, but I have also stayed engaged with the issues presented to fleet service and am not unable to work within the structure. I've been deeply involved as a district delegate and a local chairman with the IAM even though I have bigtime differences with Canale.

regards,

Jeesh! Why don't you guys just exchange phone numbers and handle your disagreement that way?