Sales Of 737 To Fed- Ex

RATBOY

Mar 13, 2004
I"m sure by now, you all want my HEAD & PAWS on a silver platter, for what didn"t materialize,and rightfully so. If the announcement didn't come out, based on what time, I THOUGHT to be true. That was MY mistake, I BROKE THE FAITH,and for that , ---- I am truly SORRY ---- if I had misled anyone.
With that said, I tell you this - I STAND BY WHAT WAS TOLD ABOUT THE 737 GOING TO FED- EX.-- IT"S A DONE DEAL, THEY ALREADY BEEN SOLD, AND THEY PAID CASH FOR THEM.
It"s just a matter when U makes it " OFFICIAL". For those of us who can see this, THANKS, that all I tried to do, was to get the MESSAGE OUT.
For those of you find this HARD TO BELIEVE, then THEN WAIT FOR DAVE
to TELL YOU----------don"t worry, it won"t be long.
I JUST TRIED TO GIVE EVERYONE A HEAD"S --UP

This will be my last posting, what needed to be done,is --NOW DONE!

KEEP THE FAITH SEE YA

they are talking publicly about selling off asets again so I guess we wait and see.

ratboy...do not despair...you are not the first to go this avenue...just step back and count to ten....then think about it...
please keep us advised with your timely information....don't worry,we still wish to see you here...
have a nice day!

There is no current deal to sell the B737s; however, these aircraft will ultimately be replaced. In a stand-alone scenario, the company will likely replace all Boeing equipment, the B767s, B757s, & B737s with A330s, A320 family & EMB-190/195 aircraft.

Why? It will reduce pilot training costs, create fleet standardization, and if the company wins the A320 heavy maintenance grievance (which from historical perspective appears likely), then the airline can outsource the Charlotte B767/B757 and Pittsburgh B737 overhaul.

That's why it may be a good idea for our mechanics and the IAM to negotiate with the company on the "Going Forward Plan", before the Arbitrators Opinion and Award is given.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Why don't you worry about ALPA and tell your fellow union brothers and sisters to take concessions, keep out of IAM business, your diatribe just shows you are afraid like you were when you wrote the OP-ED piece that was full of wrong information trying to tell the CWA members to take concessions.

I guess you will never learn.

700UW said:
Why don't you worry about ALPA and tell your fellow union brothers and sisters to take concessions, keep out of IAM business, your diatribe just shows you are afraid like you were when you wrote the OP-ED piece that was full of wrong information trying to tell the CWA members to take concessions.

I guess you will never learn.
Sound advice only to fall on deaf ears. :shock: Your group can give extra, but leave me and my coworkers out of your deals with the devil, our group has suffered enough. :down:

That's why it may be a good idea for our mechanics and the IAM to negotiate with the company on the "Going Forward Plan", before the Arbitrators Opinion and Award is given.
Would you please STOP with this jibberish. You have repeated this over and over again. The IAM and its members will do what they need to do regardless of what you think they should do.

USA320Pilot said:

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Just how many times are you going to state this?

Turn OFF your"repeat button". :down:

Ratboy:

I appreciate the fact that you took responsibility for your statements, and admited they (the statements) were wrong. Some posters have a problem with this.

I think the idea of dumping the B737's to a non-competitor, proving they could be replaced with Airbuses is a good idea... I just thought your time-frames was a problem. I also think that financing new aircraft is a problem for US Air, but the idea still has merit.

Let us know if you hear any more rumors... Just qualify them as such.

You have some credibility in my book by being responsible for your statements.

I understand there are so many EA's EO's and other necessary items approved for the "U fleet only" on the 37's by the FAA which MUST be met and this makes them a liability and not an asset. This entire thing was IMO some ones idea of stirring the pot and having fun watching the results given the climate at U.

funguy2 said:
Ratboy:

I appreciate the fact that you took responsibility for your statements, and admited they (the statements) were wrong. ...

Ratboy said:
>>With that said, I tell you this - I STAND BY WHAT WAS TOLD ABOUT THE 737 GOING TO FED- EX.-- IT"S A DONE DEAL, THEY ALREADY BEEN SOLD, AND THEY PAID CASH FOR THEM.
It"s just a matter when U makes it " OFFICIAL". For those of us who can see this, THANKS, that all I tried to do, was to get the MESSAGE OUT<<

It sounds to me like Ratboy stands by his statement on the sale of the 737s. Do you read it otherwise?

Ratboy:

I don't think you missed the mark much on this. Does anyone know what the lease expiration/renewal dates on the 737's are??? I think GECAS may take them away when the current leases expire. I know at least one US engineer who was familiar with these A/C has been hired by FedEx. Maybe to look at converting them to freighters?

As I said early on in the previous thread, FDX is constantly looking "for deals" and never stops assessing the market for the right opportunity to buy, driven as much by availability and price as by its internal fleet demands. There is no deal as Ratboy claimed, but there is probably a kernel of truth

-- FDX and US have almost certainly spoken
-- The 737 has almost certainly been the focus, given FDX's needs for a narrowbody to replace the aging 72s, and US's desire to move to an all-AB fleet -- I can't see FDX being interested in anything else (the 76's at a real stretch maybe ...)

The numbers were almost certainly far, far less than the 85 (?) claimed by Ratboy
-- FDX 727s aren't being retired that fast -- typical FDX pattern is to buy anywhere from 5 to 25 of a type at a time, usually spread over a significant period for conversion
-- The 279 fleet issue at US
-- No airline could absorb 85 aircraft in one swoop.
-- I don't see how US could suddenly "get" 85 ABs