have plagued all employee groups. Union Members should plan on
gathering between 7:30 and 8:00 am at Tempe Beach Park 80 W. Rio
Salado Parkway. Regardless of who is in negotiations now or who
soon will be, what happens to one group affects us all. We must
work together and support one another's efforts. Management does
not believe that this coalition will have an impact, and it's up
to us to set the record straight. More details will be provided
shortly.

I hope everyone comes... especially from the East!

Save the Date

On Thursday, February 28 the US Airways Labor Coalition will
hold a mass rally and protest in front of US Airways
Headquarters in Tempe. The protest will take place from
8:00-11:00. All union members who are available are encouraged
to attend. Coalition members will be protesting management's
continued failures to adequately address labor's needs at the
bargaining table as well as ongoing merger-related problems that
have plagued all employee groups. Union Members should plan on
gathering between 7:30 and 8:00 am at Tempe Beach Park 80 W. Rio
Salado Parkway. Regardless of who is in negotiations now or who
soon will be, what happens to one group affects us all. We must
work together and support one another's efforts. Management does
not believe that this coalition will have an impact, and it's up
to us to set the record straight. More details will be provided
shortly.

I hope everyone comes... especially from the East!

Its about da*n time! c'mon down, with all the consolidation coming within the industry we seriously need to stand together and conquer the castle. We all need a level secured playing ground before Dougie throws his hat back in the ring!

:down: Just like the IAM'S coalition the year mechanics, fleet and utilities decided it would strengthen their bargaining power. They used Utilities for bargaining power and guess what? The company outsourced utilities and they went bye-bye. Coalitions are a joke and will only hurt the smallest group in bargaining. A joke and a bargaining ploy. Count me out !

:down: Just like the IAM'S coalition the year mechanics, fleet and utilities decided it would strengthen their bargaining power. They used Utilities for bargaining power and guess what? The company outsourced utilities and they went bye-bye. Coalitions are a joke and will only hurt the smallest group in bargaining. A joke and a bargaining ploy. Count me out !
I AM THERE!!!

When I was on the NC I was Utility and your statements are 100% false.

Utility was not used as a barganing chip, the proposal we(IAM) presented to the company kept Utility, the company rejected the total offer and wanted an abrogation, the company decided to outsource cleaning, not the IAM, and the membership ratified the final offer containing the language that the company can outsource line cleaning.

Utility was only at 28 stations and at the time US flew into 89 mainline stations.

I at least give airline unions credit for foing their own picketing. Most other unions hire day laborers and pay them $10hr to picket!

It's always better to voluteer when u feel like a loner

Dear Bf!
When you consider dougie and Co. have sat on theirs a$$e$ with their pail$ and bucket$ this long... playing oblivious to the rip roaring situations at hand that we all know could have been $ettled fairly, in a decent amount of time. Which is the only reason U is not on the dance floor now, and at the bottoms of so many lists. But never fear maybe the are carving out a plan with their shovels to get their #### together, If there is a golden goo$e on the horizon, the opportunity to quit shoveling, & dump the buckets for something better, hopefully for us all!

IMOHO Aside from that for M&R & Fleet to benefit off amendable contracts, I would worry the negotiations stall-bluff-lag games would start from scratch, then if any big moves were going to be made we would be worth more in pieces! :unsure:

It would be great to see how much $$ would really be coming in if morale was up and the concession stands were all shut down and done away with. I hope they figure this out and give us all the chance to experience something positive out of this mess of a merger. :up:

regards

I hoping the media is getting wind of this. It would be really nice for the flying public to hear what the company is not doing for their employees. :angry: That triple play bonus don't mean jack in the long run boys & girls.

I wonder if there will be any delays that morning due to insufficent aircraft / staff? :shock: Just Curious.

No comments, just reorganizing this post to the front page....wouldn't want it to get lost on page 12 somewhere...................... <_<

I hoping the media is getting wind of this. It would be really nice for the flying public to hear what the company is not doing for their employees. :angry: That triple play bonus don't mean jack in the long run boys & girls.

I wonder if there will be any delays that morning due to insufficent aircraft / staff? :shock: Just Curious.

This would totally need to be in ront of the media!!! i have that day off to be there, Please someone let the Media know