Save Tulsa Screw The Line Stations

Just one cheap cliche after another...... :up:

Just can't tell the difference between the union or the compAAny, but then again, that is nothing new for those of us you've suffered through a few twu contracts. :shock:

Sounds as if there are going to be multiple LOA's in TULE's near future (ref "we will not change the contract). Sounds as if the company is going to have some help in obtaining them. It isn't everyday that a union gets to assist management in running it, how wonderful.

What ever happened to firing the inept management? Evidently, by their own actions, they are incapable of making a profit and leading this airline forward, without the assistance (LOA's/concessions) of the unions.

Does this mean the local union president's will receive their annual Christmas Party invite? And what do you suppose is the limit on the gifts? (how much/hr.)

Also, did anyone else hear them state that TULE is not already working as they should? Something about responsibility of each worker.

We have our horse and pony show next Wednesday, I wonder what good news Pat Stewart will share with us at MCIE. Will it be the "you'll have a 5 year fence around MCIE", or the "we assign work by productivity levels", or the infamous "WELCOME TO THE AMERICAN FAMILY!"

Questions to ask will be.
Shouldn't we take the "Home of the 737" banner down?
How's that lease signing coming?
If we work harder will you retain our employment?
Will we get to receive any 3rd party work, or will it all go to TULE?

And Pat, will you give us a big hug, and treat us like the family we are?

Oh yeah, almost forgot. "WE BELIEVE YOU PAT!!!"

I have a few questions myself.

Like the following:

Break Through Goal:

According the documents that came out with the video the "breakthrough goal" is $500 Million by the end of 2006.

#1. Our Mechanic and Related concessions were reported to be $320 Million in the restructuring agreement. That's $180 Million less than the current "breakthrough" goal. The restructuring concessions were unprecedented givebacks and industry leading wage and benefit concessions. If we could have generated or saved $500 Million without RIF's and Wage Concessions, then why didn't we do that in 2003? How specifically does this $500 Million breakdown?

#2. Growing the Airline:
Mr Burchette gives the impression that the $500 Million leads to "growing the airline" again. The industry problem is currently low yields due to over capacity. Growing the airline will only make that problem worse. Please explain how growing the airline will return AA to collecting yields higher than cost and thus returning AA to profitability in today's industry environment.

#3. Working Together - New Concept
I have worked at AA for over twenty years and have suffered industry leading concessions even in industry profitable times as result of TWU/AA partnerships. Please give us examples the past "tenuous" relations between AA and the TWU? My recollection is that the TWU and AA have been partners working together for over twenty years. There has not been even the threat of Strike against AA by the TWU since the 1960's.

NOTE: Given the definition of Tenuous, I wonder what Burchette meant by his statement.

ten•u•ous

Pronunciation: (ten'yOO-us), [key]
—adj.
1. thin or slender in form, as a thread.
2. lacking a sound basis, as reasoning; unsubstantiated; weak: a tenuous argument.
3. thin in consistency; rare or rarefied.
4. of slight importance or significance; unsubstantial: He holds a rather tenuous position in history.
5. lacking in clarity; vague: He gave a rather tenuous account of his past life.

#4. Collective Bargain Avenues

Burchette claims the collective bargaining agreement has "avenues" within the agreement that will "help" them reach the goal. He goes on and says these avenues have never been explored.

What specifc "avenues" are there that Burchette is talking about and if they exist, why didn't we explore those in 2003 restructuring instead of gutting our pay and benefit packages?

#5. Long term job security.

In 1994, the TWU conducted a membership survey prior to negotiations. The TWU claimed the 1995 6 1/2 year, 6.5% pay raises along with the SRP low payrate would provide the memberships desire for "long term" survival of the company and job security. Why then are we at the same crossroads again? Is it possible that the solution is not more concessions and buying into management beliefs that "WE" are the problem?

#6. Carmine Romano "We have several things that we are going to have to do"

What specifically are these several things? Is there a plan that you are not telling us about, or did you just agree on a goal without and plan, and you are so proud of that goal, you somehow forgot to develop a specific plan that you can share with us? A goal has never been reached without an implementation plan, how can we be asked to "buy in" when you are not telling us what the plan is?

Decision 2004 said:
There has not been even the threat of Strike against AA by the TWU since the 1960's.
[post="244937"][/post]​

Maybe not with the M&R, but I seem to recall a strike vote being considered in the late 80's for fleet service.

Former ModerAAtor said:
Maybe not with the M&R, but I seem to recall a strike vote being considered in the late 80's for fleet service.
[post="244982"][/post]​

Yeah I remember the "vote no" campaign on the contract of 1989.

Followed by the selling of yes votes on an agreement much worse than the one they advocated voting no on.

Get real, a TWU strike vote has about as much bite to it, as the TWU "will strike if provoked" snake t-shirt of 2001.

My opinion is that these were nothing more than smoke screens covering up the bedwetting orgy.

I have worked at AA for over twenty years and have suffered industry leading concessions even in industry profitable times as result of TWU/AA partnerships. Please give us examples the past "tenuous" relations between AA and the TWU? My recollection is that the TWU and AA have been partners working together for over twenty years. There has not been even the threat of Strike against AA by the TWU since the 1960's.

Lets review this statement for a second.

Fact: You have been working for AA for over twenty years.

Opinion: Having worked for AA has caused you to suffer compared the rest of the industry in terms of pay, benefits, and overall well being.

So your options 20 someodd years ago were to go work for:

AA-You to still have a job, a pension that is 80% funded(probably closer to 85 or 90% now that rates are rising), and you have outstanding benefits compared to vast majority of American(I've been looking to leaving AA for 2 year and have found only a handfull of companies with better benefits). You did recently have to take a pay-cut, but the paycut kept the company out of bankruptcy and despite record fuel prices the company is close to cash flow neutral.

Not too bad. Ups and downs, but over all I'd say pretty good, lets say B+

Eastern- Unemployed, no pension-F
Pan Am- Unemployed, no pension-F
Braniff- UNemployed, no pension-F
Air Florida- Unemployed, no pension-F

People'sExpress, Frontier, CO- 2 trips through bankruptcy, several pay cuts, worse benefits- C

USair, PSA, Piedmont- mulitple paycuts, no pension, probably unemployed-D

United- multiple paycuts, pension is probably going, possibly unemployed-C-

TWA- mulitple bankruptcies and paycuts- C

Delta/Northwest- B probably about the same outcome, though you would have saved yourself your union dues going to Delta

Southwest- with stock you'd probably be a millionaire severl times over, no pension though and you have to work hard & be productive. A+

I'd say you've done pretty well, quite you're bitching.

Ole Dave has to cry and complain about something ALL of the time!!!!!!

So Dave, tell me, what are you doing to "save" your job? And please don't say supporting amfa!! You can come up with something better than that can't you??

By the way..........I thought you were jumping ship, too scared to fight!!!!!

twuer, why is it always "our responsibility" to save our job? I would just as soon leave at my present rate of pay, or better yet, 17.5% better, than to donate to the "keep TULE alive campaign" that the TWU holds with the company.

Please do not confuse my desires as a pro-AMFA stance. I am not pro-AMFA, nor am I leaning towards the TWU. Please explain to me why union officials no longer do union officer tasks? Going to 3 day, off base, pajama parties with management is not a union task. Running the company is a company function and task, not my union president's. If those in charge cannot run it in a profitable manner, then they should be dealt with, as I would be dealt with if I did not perform my job.

I would never have guessed that I would witness the "closeness" that the TWU and the company have. With the JLT, ALT, and all the other committees, we now are at a loss for full time union officers, is this the way that the TWU sees the future of unions? This is an honest question and not one driven to anger anyone.

We are no different than the AMFA members at UAL, our time is coming. How do you see the TWU acting twuer? Any different in posture? Would our Presidents Council lead us out the hangar doors in a wildcat if warranted? I think not, not because of a history that began in the 30's, but I derive my opinion from the history I have witnessed since 4/10/2001.

The addage of "This is a different time, a different era, " is really weak. If we are in a fight for our employment, then why are we not fighting?

Divide and conquer, divide and conquer, the AA way of life. I'll truly miss this dilema of my life.

twuer said:
Ole Dave has to cry and complain about something ALL of the time!!!!!! 
So Dave, tell me, what are you doing to "save" your job?  And please don't say supporting amfa!!  You can come up with something better than that can't you??
By the way..........I thought you were jumping ship, too scared to fight!!!!!
[post="245171"][/post]​

Do you have any answers to the legitimate questions I asked?

Do you not have any concerns or questions about what is taking place?

Are you just going to blindly follow those that have lied in the past?

I am not crying or complaining! I am trying to get legitimate questions answered, and typical TWU fashion, I get nothing but personal attacks and worthless innuendo.

BTW, there is NO saving your overhaul job. The sooner you face the reality of this fact, the better your future without AA employment will be.

Better yet, why don't you go ahead and blindly follow false hopes, that leaves my options numerous and the competition for a future non-existent. Damn right I am jumping ship, just give me a little more time. Maybe I will see your employment application on my desk someday, when you and the rest of the sheep finally figure out the truth and you are faced with a dose of reality. I will look at your application and a need for a paycheck objectively and give you a fair shake. :shock:

Why dont they just implement the COLA in Tulsa.?

Answer : The twu union dues would also be affected.

After watching that video for 15 minutes the only thing that I got out of it is more work less pay.

Oh yea and job security :D

a pension :D

and the contract stays as is :D

What a bunch of condoms. Implement the cola and save us all. :up:

seed said:
twuer, why is it always "our responsibility" to save our job? I would just as soon leave at my present rate of pay, or better yet, 17.5% better, than to donate to the "keep TULE alive campaign" that the TWU holds with the company.

Please do not confuse my desires as a pro-AMFA stance. I am not pro-AMFA, nor am I leaning towards the TWU. Please explain to me why union officials no longer do union officer tasks? Going to 3 day, off base, pajama parties with management is not a union task. Running the company is a company function and task, not my union president's. If those in charge cannot run it in a profitable manner, then they should be dealt with, as I would be dealt with if I did not perform my job.

I would never have guessed that I would witness the "closeness" that the TWU and the company have. With the JLT, ALT, and all the other committees, we now are at a loss for full time union officers, is this the way that the TWU sees the future of unions? This is an honest question and not one driven to anger anyone.

We are no different than the AMFA members at UAL, our time is coming. How do you see the TWU acting twuer? Any different in posture? Would our Presidents Council lead us out the hangar doors in a wildcat if warranted? I think not, not because of a history that began in the 30's, but I derive my opinion from the history I have witnessed since 4/10/2001.

The addage of "This is a different time, a different era, " is really weak. If we are in a fight for our employment, then why are we not fighting?

Divide and conquer, divide and conquer, the AA way of life. I'll truly miss this dilema of my life.
[post="245214"][/post]​

Elections are coming up. If they are not doing the job you think they should be doing, then vote the bastids out. :angry: