Scared MEC

Ardenian

Advanced
Jun 27, 2006
PHL crewroom -
Well,

It appears that the BOS FO rep has already folded his tent up.

For the past few month he has given us a lot of tough talk and has been challenging the pilots with, ‘Had enough?â€￾

Now, the BOS FO rep recently stated that the Company will not give us anything more than a cost-neutral contract and we should not expect more than that.

The question becomes, “Who scared him, and how badly?â€￾

Anyone? USA320? USA320?

At least not every MEC member is scared...I sure wish I were based in PIT!
===========================================================

4 Aug 06

Fellow pilots of Council 94:

Management has had a field day in the past few weeks telling you how to do your job. Since John and I are now under the watchful eye of Mr. Hemenway, Vice President of Labor Relations, we thought we should remind you of tasks that do NOT fall under your job description.

US Airways pilots do NOT clean airplanes. They do not tidy up cabins. They do NOT wipe down lavatories. Being the helpful, concerned employees we are, we are often tempted to do these tasks, especially to help our fellow employees. Don’t.

US Airways pilots do NOT manhandle air conditioning hoses. If ground air is not meeting the needs of your passengers or crew, have it turned off and start your APU.

US Airways pilots do NOT task load themselves during critical flight operations. If you are to cross active runways, or do not have your weight and balance on taxi, please evaluate carefully the need single engine taxi. You can always shut down an engine(s) if you find yourself in a long lineup. It is our opinion that single engine taxi is becoming less and less appropriate….especially considering the ill advised and poorly designed cockpit procedures we are being asked to implement while flying revenue passengers. Single engine taxi is a wonderful tool to save fuel, but it is just that…a tool. It is our opinion this pilot group is currently operating in the RED. Even though management has decided the Volant Model no longer applies to US Airway’s pilots…we are educated and professional enough to forever keep that model in OUR bag of tools.

US Airways pilots should NOT answer their phones on DAYS OFF. They are meant to be days free from duty. Spend time with your families….FAMILY FIRST and take advantage of every break from this stressful job you can. We understand, due to the reserve system, many pilots MUST, at certain times, answer their phones on off days (otherwise facing trip assignment at midnight) and we are not telling them otherwise. POTA was a GIFT to this company to allow them to schedule in irregular operations. They have hijacked POTA by putting more pilots on the street and using it as a primary method of scheduling. If you are aware of a major hurricane or winter storm hitting our system, we suggest pilots CALL scheduling and OFFER to help out :) Otherwise, don’t answer that phone on days off.

US Airways pilots are NOT responsible for the catering of aircraft. If your aircraft is not catered properly, call out a catering supervisor and talk to him face to face about what is not satisfactory about his performance. Stop doing his job by calling in individual items. You have enough to do with keeping up with the monthly changes in your cockpit procedures…don’t do catering’s job

US Airways pilots are NOT responsible for the manning of marshalling crews. The US Airway’s flight schedule is published months in advance, and is available to even a 5 year old on the internet. If you are pushing back or arriving ON SCHEDULE do not call the company and ask to be marshaled. I watched PHL ground crews walk by our aircraft yesterday for 15 minutes as we sat, engines running, waiting to be marshaled in. Seems it was “Sno Cone†day in PHL, and each employee was strolling by the aircraft eating their newfound treat. If you are not operating on schedule, for whatever reason, then by all means give the company every notice you can to get those crews out. Otherwise..Don’t.

US Airways pilots do NOT assign seats to passengers on the aircraft. If there is a double seat assignment call operations to send an agent down to the aircraft. Do not do their job.

US Airways pilots should NOT dress as decorated military heroes (although we should point out many of them ARE!) Don’t be enamored with the constant flow of company feel good trinkets, pins, and lanyards coming your way. We even suggest you leave your service pins at home. A “diamond†now will not even get you in the left seat in many bases…that is nothing to be proud of. INSTEAD…we want to see EVERY pilot wear his or her ALPA service pin…and that pin ONLY. If you do not have a jacket, then wear it on your shirt pocket or tie. If you need a pin, call membership services, or call John or I…we will get you one. How about a show of unity here!

It is sad that current management has chosen to take this airline forward without the Pilot group. They make every effort to assail our contract, with grievances in the hundreds, and see fit to even leave ALPA out of operational decisions…most notably the ill advised implementation of cockpit procedures. Take a look, for once, at the latest Airline Pilot magazine. We have a proud history of making this profession, and our country’s air traffic system, SAFE. We cannot say how important it is for you to pay attention to YOUR job in the cockpit. Work on the new procedures until they are your own. Show management you can do your job with speed and professionalism. Also show them that ALL you do… is YOUR job.

Please call us at any time,

John Brookman
Capt. Rep

Mark King
First Officer Rep

I'm a USAirways Pilot and John Brookman does not speak for me.

Judging by the last contract vote he does not speak for the majority (57%) of the USAirways pilots.

He thinks it's his job to impose his will on the entire pilot group by not allowing us to vote on contracts he doesn't like. Newsflash John, your job is to represent us, we tell you what to do, it's your job to do it.

At least not every MEC member is scared...I sure wish I were based in PIT!
===========================================================

4 Aug 06

Fellow pilots of Council 94:

(remainder deleted by moderator
Who The Heck Is This IDIOT? First of All: I Have NEVER EVER Seen a Pilot Do Any of That Except MAYBE, Just MAYBE Help Tidy Up The Plane Because They Were Looking For a Newspaper!! :down:

Who The Heck Is This IDIOT? First of All: I Have NEVER EVER Seen a Pilot Do Any of That Except MAYBE, Just MAYBE Help Tidy Up The Plane Because They Were Looking For a Newspaper!! :down:

You're kidding right? Maybe if you got off your cellphone while customers were boarding, verified your catering supplies were in order, reported to the jet early enough for crew briefing, and did YOUR job the pilots wouldn't always be on the radio to OPS forwarding such requests.

He thinks it's his job to impose his will on the entire pilot group by not allowing us to vote on contracts he doesn't like. Newsflash John, your job is to represent us, we tell you what to do, it's your job to do it.

Boo Hoo. Let my Daddy vote. I am sooo afraid. Please, give them what they want!!!

Greeter.

Yeah..and signing you in for your hotel room, checking said room for safety, running defence for you with crew sked, and maybe, just maybe, treating you with respect and concern as to your every need in flight and on the ground, including protecting you if you have not had enought time to eat or sleep. Sorry about asking you, Please, for that used newspaper. You are a jerk, indeed. Greeter.

Judging by the last contract vote he does not speak for the majority (57%) of the USAirways pilots.

He speaks for his membership. PIT and PHL BOTH REJECTED LOA 93. Let my daddy vote!!! Greeter.

I'm a USAirways Pilot and John Brookman does not speak for me.

Ever been POTA'd?

Mtnman

Wait - they are only helping "tidy" the aircraft to get a paper?? Geez - I thought they felt bad for us lowly flight hostessess and were trying to make our job easier. The catering part - what catering??? A pilot involved in catering?? That's like saying they tidy the a/c. I am so going to PUKE. Hang in there you guys - if Dougie can make millions so can we....... :down: I'm off to gather papers and cans to help out with my rent....

The 57% prevented guys like you from cutting your own throat. Your just too mentally challenged to know it.
Geez,
Another “Let my Daddy Vote†guy…

Complains about the working conditions in LOA 93, but cried like a baby because he wanted the right to vote “YES.â€

Mr. Jake, do you think that crying publicly to vote “YES†is one big reason LOA 93 is so crappy?

Wear your uniform with pride, because once you retire when your working life is over, that’s all you’ll have.

(Oh, and maybe the opportunity to play checkers in the park with USA320 – you can re-live your adventures in ‘saving the airline.’)

Trader, because of your fear and cowardness, U pilots now work under the lowest paying contract in the United States..and have some of the hightest paid management. I cannot fight the battle of LOA 93 forever, but I will always remember WHY we are here, now, working under current horrible conditions...because of people like you. Take a gander at Delta or NWA.....THAT is how pilots are supposed to act under pressure...with unity and not wee wee weeing all the way home to their home on the lake. I am sorry you have such a poor opinion of yourself and your profession, and find it odd you would blame a rep who (without success) tried to show you the way out in a fire. Looks like you got burned with nobody to blame but yourself. Greeter.

Wait - they are only helping "tidy" the aircraft to get a paper?? Geez - I thought they felt bad for us lowly flight hostessess and were trying to make our job easier. The catering part - what catering??? A pilot involved in catering?? That's like saying they tidy the a/c. I am so going to PUKE. Hang in there you guys - if Dougie can make millions so can we....... :down: I'm off to gather papers and cans to help out with my rent....

Flychick, the message to the pilots of Council 94 was just that..a message to the pilots. It was not intended to make fun or demean the work of ANY other employee at US Airways. It is a much needed start to let U management know exactly what they are paying for, and what they can expect for substandard wages. Sorry you were offended, I am sure you do a great job. Best. Greeter.

Latest posts