Searching for Aviation / Flight Tattoos

Avolare

Sep 10, 2008
Hello everyone,

I am a new member, but a long time reader of the forum here and participate in other forums on the web. After being involved in the aviation industry for nearly 20 years and an intense interest in flying even longer, I embarked on a significant tattoo project using aviation and flight imagery back in 2002. I am still working on the project, but only recently started another web-based project related to it.

In June I started a blog called "Tattoos In Flight" featuring collected images of tattoos from around the web (and world) with aviation and flying as a theme. The site can be found at http://www.tattoosinflight.com

It has been easy to find tattoos relating to military aviation -- P-51's, B-17's and the like -- but civil aircraft such as airliners or general aviation themes have been hard to come by. Actually, as of now, I am having a challenge finding any aviation themed work out there -- so anything anyone can contribute would be helpful!

And that's where I am hoping the members here might be able to assist in. I am searching for any aviation related tattoo, even airline logos -- in fact I am looking for airline employees that have something representing their employer tattooed on them (surely someone from SWA has this!).

If anyone has examples of the above, please post them or submit them at the site. If you have the artist name, studio name, location, and website (if available) it would be great.

In case you are wondering, yes, I work in professional aviation and keep everything fully covered at all times. Even a casual uniform of a golf shirt and shorts keeps everything covered. I fully believe that professional demeanor and appearance is key in working professionally in aviation and I am not encouraging people "pushing the envelope" -- I am merely interested in people who choose to permanantly illustrate their passion for flight in a respectable and tasteful manner.

Otherwise, please feel free to discuss here...

Thanks,
Ryan K.
http://www.tattoosinflight.com