Seatbelt mixups

PHL

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
On way more than one occasion, I have found that the seatbelt for my seat (not a crossover from my neighbor's) is installed incorrectly. What I mean by that is...I have to twist the half of the belt with the latch so that it can properly connect to the other piece. So, in essence, the belt is not sitting flat across my waist.

The seatbelt's strength is significantly reduced if it is twisted. I don't want to be the guy who gets flung out of his seat into the bulkhead or next seat up in the event of a sudden stop (of any kind.....).

I might have to bring my own socket wrench and begin fixing them. :)

(yes, that's a joke...I don't want any mechs to think I'm trying to take their job...I'm only suggesting that they make sure the seat belts are oriented correctly).

Broken or twisted seatbelts? WHAAAAAT?????? This is outrageous! ! ! ! I'm getting "Safety Pat" on the phone. :lol:

Oh no. The PIT gals will stab you! Don't mess with the commute home! They will duct tape the wing on to fly to PIT. Between the seatbelt and missing life jackets, she will ground that plane FLAT. :lol:

Latest posts