Seats Available - Phone vs. Da Hub

Justme

Veteran
Feb 29, 2004
The Hub is showing many more seats available than the phone is. I thought that the Hub was based on actual seats like the phone when used for NRSA. Are the numbers just wrong? EG. Flt 140 on 3/12 zero on the phone, 16 available on the hub (it's a 321). Any help with this? And looks like it's going to be an extended stay in Denver, regardless of seniority or show time.

thanks,
Larry

Well on the westside the phone isn't as accurate as Compass. Compass seems to be very accurate. Someone in Res could give you a better answer.

Well on the westside the phone isn't as accurate as Compass. Compass seems to be very accurate. Someone in Res could give you a better answer.
Res did and it's zero so in this case if she's correct then the phone is accurate, I hope it's not!

Another question...Do people routinely miss early morning flights these days? Seems like the first flights out of FLL and PBI always have seats open up at the last minute.

Justme said:
'

I always try and get the first or last flight out. How does one check in early for a West flight when it is early morning being an east employee. Is AW doing the 12 hour early check-in or is it still 4 hours.

Hey, hub is showing flight 9020 DEN - CLT departing at 0930 (A319) with a lot of room...is that what is called an extra section? Is this a gift from above? I hope it's real.

Should I feel confident?
thanks

The Hub is showing many more seats available than the phone is. I thought that the Hub was based on actual seats like the phone when used for NRSA. Are the numbers just wrong? EG. Flt 140 on 3/12 zero on the phone, 16 available on the hub (it's a 321). Any help with this? And looks like it's going to be an extended stay in Denver, regardless of seniority or show time.

thanks,
Larry

I have always said it, The Hub gives you bad numbers. I have compared it side to side with sabre and alot of times the hub was wrong. The phone is more trustworthyin numbers but going through the prompts is a pain in the ass.

Hey, hub is showing flight 9020 DEN - CLT departing at 0930 (A319) with a lot of room...is that what is called an extra section? Is this a gift from above? I hope it's real.

Should I feel confident?
thanks

Yep its a gift from above. Problably a plane needed to be in place or a larger plane had problems and they put an extra section. It happens to SJU sometimes. The A330 doesn't get out of maintenece ontime so they put 2 smaller planes to cover the big bus.

I have always said it, The Hub gives you bad numbers. I have compared it side to side with sabre and alot of times the hub was wrong. The phone is more trustworthyin numbers but going through the prompts is a pain in the ass.
You said it, and at five in the morning on the hub the Charlotte flight showed 10 coach seats - it was overbooked by some number I don't know and the Philly flight showed 27 seats and it was overbooked by (according to the gate agent) 20 seats. I have now learned to never trust the hub...

As for getting out of there, the two of us made it on the 0645 Charlotte flight getting 2 of the last 3 seats at numbers 9 and 10 on the list. That was truly unexpected. I think that some pax may have not made it to the gate as a huge number of pax showed up at the ticket counter around 0550 when we were finishing up there. And also, for the agents in DEN....what a friendly and helpful group down to every single individual...THANK YOU!!! (for being so friendly)

L