See you on the other side

OldGuy@AA

Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Tulsa
I have posted my opinions on this blog for a while now and all know where I stand on the issues. I thank those of you who read my posts and posted your responses without insults or condescending attitudes. Tomorrow the company will make its intent known and we will find out particulars some time after that. (After the local news I’m sure). I have given 26 plus years of my life to AA and wish it to be the best airline in the industry like it was before it was destroyed by greedy, morally bankrupt executives who took advantage of a gullible work force. I am sorry to say I was naive and thought we were saving the company when we took the cuts in 2003 only to be proven wrong when management did their annual money grab. Now the names are changing but the tactics are the same. The TWU will come to us with the latest regressive offer from the company soon and we may get to vote on it. We all must vote the way we think is right. You are not an “Idiot” or “Stupid” if you disagree with anyone else when you make your decision. I will continue to watch this board from time to time to keep up with events but I will not be posting as much or very often as my opinions are well known. Thank you Bob Owens for keeping us informed. Even though some of you don’t agree with his philosophy, you must respect this man for posting info that our international would rather not have out there. Strikeforce, please remember that O/H is not nor have we ever been your enemy. Buck, I don’t agree with everything you say, but you make your points well. Keep posting. I know that the results of this bankruptcy filing will be painful and more so for some than others and I can only pray that we all survive. I feel that AA can be the best airline in the industry once more if our leaders concentrate on the competition instead of eroding their employees’ wages and benefits. I pray they realize that their employees are an asset instead of a liability and learn to appreciate the contributions we make on a daily basis. That said, good luck and God bless all of you. I’ll catch you on the wrap around.

I have posted my opinions on this blog for a while now and all know where I stand on the issues. I thank those of you who read my posts and posted your responses without insults or condescending attitudes. Tomorrow the company will make its intent known and we will find out particulars some time after that. (After the local news I’m sure). I have given 26 plus years of my life to AA and wish it to be the best airline in the industry like it was before it was destroyed by greedy, morally bankrupt executives who took advantage of a gullible work force. I am sorry to say I was naive and thought we were saving the company when we took the cuts in 2003 only to be proven wrong when management did their annual money grab. Now the names are changing but the tactics are the same. The TWU will come to us with the latest regressive offer from the company soon and we may get to vote on it. We all must vote the way we think is right. You are not an “Idiot” or “Stupid” if you disagree with anyone else when you make your decision. I will continue to watch this board from time to time to keep up with events but I will not be posting as much or very often as my opinions are well known. Thank you Bob Owens for keeping us informed. Even though some of you don’t agree with his philosophy, you must respect this man for posting info that our international would rather not have out there. Strikeforc e, please remember that O/H is not nor have we ever been your enemy. Buck, I don’t agree with everything you say, but you make your points well. Keep posting. I know that the results of this bankruptcy filing will be painful and more so for some than others and I can only pray that we all survive. I feel that AA can be the best airline in the industry once more if our leaders concentrate on the competition instead of eroding their employees’ wages and benefits. I pray they realize that their employees are an asset instead of a liability and learn to appreciate the contributions we make on a daily basis. That said, good luck and God bless all of you. I’ll catch you on the wrap around.

I have enjoyed reading your post and believe me when I say the fight is not over, someone will pickup where others have left off and when they do please standup and help them, because no matter what happens tomorrow the root of our problems start with the lying cheating TWU Int'l, and we do need a change to put the members back in charge of our union!

Everybody knows that the best offer never comes until the 11th hour of the 29th day.
We are there now, I cant wait to see what we are going to get.

Talking about beating a dead horse. Oh on another note thanks to Bob Owens for posting all the info over the years. Some people don't realize all the crap that you have taken from the twu and the company for the info that you have posted. Now I guess one of our posters can go back to his cannabis.

We are all middle aged, we cannot afford to wait until 2013 to get 'em next time. We must get 'em this time.

Bob Owens Vote No video

Talking about beating a dead horse. Oh on another note thanks to Bob Owens for posting all the info over the years. Some people don't realize all the crap that you have taken from the twu and the company for the info that you have posted. Now I guess one of our posters can go back to his cannabis.
K-2

If this T/A we were to pass, we would be leaving alot of money on the table.

Bob Owens - Vote No Video

I certainly don't feel we got the best offer that could have been gotten, because we did not push it to the limit.

I certainly don't feel we got the best offer that could have been gotten, because we did not push it to the limit.

pokenest.gif

Reactions: 2 people
We are all middle aged, we cannot afford to wait until 2013 to get 'em next time. We must get 'em this time.

Bob Owens Vote No video

Just let it go. I have over 25 years with the company and am only 49 years old and if the TA would have passed, you would have your retiree medical intact. Me, I would have a different program. I don't know if the TA would have saved us from going into BK or just prolonged the BK.

I have not and will not ever vote for a TA that dose not benefit ALL covered under the agreement, even if it would benefit me. I will not screw someone with less senority or less age than me. Is it not what unionism is all about?

Reactions: 1 person
it was destroyed by greedy, morally bankrupt executives who took advantage of a gullible work force. I am sorry to say I was naive and thought we were saving the company when we took the cuts in 2003 only to be proven wrong when management did their annual money grab. Now the names are changing but the tactics are the sam

Actually what really hurt was the price of oil between 2003-2011. That effectively ruined all the cost savings. Add in less efficient planes, pensions, health insurance and productivity and its obvious to see why AA is in such a mess and uncompetitive.

Reactions: 1 person
Just let it go. I have over 25 years with the company and am only 49 years old and if the TA would have passed, you would have your retiree medical intact. Me, I would have a different program. I don't know if the TA would have saved us from going into BK or just prolonged the BK.

I have not and will not ever vote for a TA that dose not benefit ALL covered under the agreement, even if it would benefit me. I will not screw someone with less senority or less age than me. Is it not what unionism is all about?

Although probably irrelevant now...
As a new hire...I appreciate your convictions.
Rare indeed...and yes, it IS what unionism is all about

Latest posts