Seniority Numbers

I don't think anyone knows the real bottom seniority number. I heard it was either 4769 or 4860ish.

If you are not an ALPA menmber they will not give you that information. The bottom seniority number after the first furlough will be 4483. If the second occurs it will be 4241. Of course this is subject to the lease negotiations which should be complete by Oct 15

With 500 more pilots being fuloughed, I am surprised the media has not picked up on this. Not much mentioned on the local news channels or in the paper.

Well I guess we got the seniority issue settled. The latest press release said that the bottom ALPA # is 4387.

From the August 21, 2002, MEC code-a-phone update:....

The Permanent Bid Committee reported that Permanent Bid 02-03, with its scheduled furlough of 250 available pilots in November and anticipated pilot reductions of an additional 250 pilots in the first quarter of 2003, will result in a sustained understaffing of the airline. ALPA is attempting to address this issue with management. Management did not work with ALPA in any meaningful way to review the staffing requirements for the airline prior to posting the bid.

Although the bid states that 250 available pilots will be furloughed, the furlough includes pilots not currently available due to military, medical, or other leaves of absences. The 2002 US Airways Pilots Seniority List numbers that pertain to the last active pilots through the November and first quarter 2003 furloughs are as follows:

The current last active pilot is seniority number 4787. The last active pilot after the scheduled November furlough is seniority number 4483. The last active pilot after the anticipated first quarter 2003 furlough is estimated to be seniority number 4241.

The pilot seniority list, which is published once a year in January, does not reflect all leaves, resignations and retirements.

Latest posts