senority rules for all employees

Dec 28, 2005
INDIANA
Visit site
Ladys and gentleman

The Ibt proposes to fence the west employees , to protect them from the more senior usair mechanics.This is unfair.

We as Usair have been brought together from many different airlines, depending on how far you go back.Senority has always been the rule to live or die by.It is how we are boarded while flying non rev , how we choose our days off , the shift we work and wether we will be layed off as I was in 95.Sometimes it works for us and sometimes against.But one thing for sure it is always fair.A person knows where he or she stands.

When a more senior employee gets boarded first or gets a better shift, we graciously understand. Its how things are done and always have been done, and rightfully so.

Now with the co merging with a less senior airline the notion is presented that this is a unfair practice.Well
I will remind you all that Usair group owns us, not AWA group.I understand the situation and sympathize with the junior employees, but rest assured we have all been junior at one time and many of us have suffered along the way because of it.

Eventually senority works for everyone in there career.Im on tuesday wed off on third shift. Sure id like to have day shift with sat. sun. off but there are more senior employees ahead of me. It hurts,Id like to have time with my sons on the weekends, and ive been on third shift for 21 years.So dont think its all good with me it isnt.

But its fair.This arument goes on in every employee group, and it will eventually be decided in favor of date of hire.
It is the only fair way, the way it always has been.

In my opion it is not right to have junior employees working while senior employees are on furlough.

Our union The I.A.M. wants to let senority rules be as they fall under date of hire, while the ibt thinks its fair to fence the junior employees of AWA.This is totaly
unacceptable.

Iam sure that hardly any employees would move to the west.
But if they wanted to it would be only fair. The pilots have empoyees on furlogh with 16 years senority, while AWA
has hired pilots in 2005.Again totaly unacceptable,as is protecting junior empoyees in every group.We have all payed with our time for our right to be layed of by senority, and our privledge of non reving by senority.

I want the AWA to be our brothers and our friends, but as our friends understand that senority will work for everyone
eventually.

This is why the Ibt is unacceptable as our representation
as a potential union. Alng with the fact there pension is way underfunded. If they cant take care of there retirees,
then what makes you think they will take care of you.

The old men and women , that built this company years ago
deserve our respect and grattitude . To harm them by taking away there retirement, there non rev s-3 clasification there medical benifits, and to not fund there pension is equivalent to a moral travisty, that will not be forgotten or forgiven, by the god we all know in our hearts.
The I.A.M pension is funded to 120%.Granted we are not part of that pension fund 'yet'.At least I gain comfort knowing they intend to take care of there mmembers that are invested in there pension program.

I have checked the pension funds of the IBT and across the board they are very seriously underfunded.

Senority rules for all work groups ,reguardless of who it
helps or hurts.I hope the company sees the fairness of this rule.

Are you sure? LINK

January 30, 2006
US AIRWAYS AMT UPDATE:
Seniority Integration Clarification
A number of you asked what the IBT meant by seniority integration in accordance
with Allegheny-Mohawk sections 3 and 13 and that this be accomplished
in a fair and equitable manner.
There is absolutely no difference between the IBT’s and the IAM’s seniority
integration plans. Seniority will be integrated per each individual’s date of
entry into classification. Furthermore, there will be no “protected stations,â€￾
period. Our only caveat regarding this process is that no current employee
will be furloughed as a result of the integration of the two employee groups;
this is something America West management has stressed as well.
Comments or rumors to the contrary are simply meant to be misleading.
Don Treichler
Director, Teamsters Airline Division

Are you sure? LINK

January 30, 2006
US AIRWAYS AMT UPDATE:
Seniority Integration Clarification
A number of you asked what the IBT meant by seniority integration in accordance
with Allegheny-Mohawk sections 3 and 13 and that this be accomplished
in a fair and equitable manner.
There is absolutely no difference between the IBT’s and the IAM’s seniority
integration plans. Seniority will be integrated per each individual’s date of
entry into classification. Furthermore, there will be no “protected stations,â€￾
period. Our only caveat regarding this process is that no current employee
will be furloughed as a result of the integration of the two employee groups;
this is something America West management has stressed as well.
Comments or rumors to the contrary are simply meant to be misleading.
Don Treichler
Director, Teamsters Airline Division
Don
Does this mean there will be no fencing?The last info I heard on this, was that the ibt wanted to fence the AWA mechanics.
Im also very concerned about the pension funding the teamsters have, for there retirees.

Ladys and gentleman

The Ibt proposes to fence the west employees , to protect them from the more senior usair mechanics.This is unfair.

We as Usair have been brought together from many different airlines, depending on how far you go back.Senority has always been the rule to live or die by.It is how we are boarded while flying non rev , how we choose our days off , the shift we work and wether we will be layed off as I was in 95.Sometimes it works for us and sometimes against.But one thing for sure it is always fair.A person knows where he or she stands.

When a more senior employee gets boarded first or gets a better shift, we graciously understand. Its how things are done and always have been done, and rightfully so.

Now with the co merging with a less senior airline the notion is presented that this is a unfair practice.Well
I will remind you all that Usair group owns us, not AWA group.I understand the situation and sympathize with the junior employees, but rest assured we have all been junior at one time and many of us have suffered along the way because of it.

You must have been sniffing to much HYD fluid time for you to wake up AWA people was happy with our lives then we aquired the USS Titanic remember you were a RCH from going chapter 7(liquid baby). What has usairways brought to the table you people brought nothing but me me me sniorty rules DOH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Why should one AWA employee suffer any harm from this merger we came in and gave you lets count shall we 1)a new lease on life 2)growth(new 757) 3)CASS and the pilots know damn well old usairways wasnt going to give it to them any time soon. 4) Jobs for your laid off pilots 5)jobs for your laid off F/A etc etc. So again tell us (me) what you think you (usairways east) brought to my house(Tempe) i can answer that you brought SH&& so stop the we deserve or awa people are jr so they should go below any senior east people it should be fare and without any harm to AWA people

**Moderator Note: Please refrain from quoting a lengthy post. It just makes it easier for everyone to read follow-on posts. Thank you.**

You must have been sniffing to much HYD fluid time for you to wake up AWA people was happy with our lives then we aquired the USS Titanic remember you were a RCH from going chapter 7(liquid baby). What has usairways brought to the table you people brought nothing but me me me sniorty rules DOH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Why should one AWA employee suffer any harm from this merger we came in and gave you lets count shall we 1)a new lease on life 2)growth(new 757) 3)CASS and the pilots know damn well old usairways wasnt going to give it to them any time soon. 4) Jobs for your laid off pilots 5)jobs for your laid off F/A etc etc. So again tell us (me) what you think you (usairways east) brought to my house(Tempe) i can answer that you brought SH&& so stop the we deserve or awa people are jr so they should go below any senior east people it should be fare and without any harm to AWA people

Your eloquence is exceeded only by your vitriol. Remember SH&& happens, especially in this sorry industry.

By the way, you should read the words of your beloved Mr. Parker regarding what USAirways brought to your house.

I can think of a few things myself. Widebody aircraft. International route structure. East Coast feed. Caribbean and Central American destinations. The Shuttle. Getting the message Busman?

Senority has always been the rule to live or die by.It is how we are boarded while flying non rev , how we choose our days off , the shift we work and wether we will be layed off as I was in 95.

Like you said, senioirty already decides your days off, your pay, your vacation, and whether you are laid off. Flying is a benefit, like medical insurance. It should be given a level playing field. With the availability of web check-in (especially if it expands to 4 hours), first come/first serve equals the playing field for each and every flight. Those that really want to get on the flight will make the extra effort.

I understand the argument for senioirty. I'll accept whatever decision is made. However, it seems to me that those that want seniority won't even try to see the other side--and if first come/first serve is chosen, those people will probably use it as another way to be negative.

Like you said, senioirty already decides your days off, your pay, your vacation, and whether you are laid off. Flying is a benefit, like medical insurance. It should be given a level playing field. With the availability of web check-in (especially if it expands to 4 hours), first come/first serve equals the playing field for each and every flight. Those that really want to get on the flight will make the extra effort.

I understand the argument for senioirty. I'll accept whatever decision is made. However, it seems to me that those that want seniority won't even try to see the other side--and if first come/first serve is chosen, those people will probably use it as another way to be negative.

For some, flying NRSA, is a necessity. Since USAirways has seen fit to close (Since 1988) crew bases in SYR, GSO, MIA, SAN, SFO, LAX, and downsize others there are thousands of employees that commute. Many do not have the luxury of a 4 hour check-in because they would be aloft and unable to do so. It's not that they don't want to make the extra effort, they can't.

Hoping for DOH all the way.

For some, flying NRSA, is a necessity. Since USAirways has seen fit to close (Since 1988) crew bases in SYR, GSO, MIA, SAN, SFO, LAX, and downsize others there are thousands of employees that commute. Many do not have the luxury of a 4 hour check-in because they would be aloft and unable to do so. It's not that they don't want to make the extra effort, they can't.

Hoping for DOH all the way.
That's where expanding the check-in window to 12 hours comes into play. For the most part, 12 hours should cover most commuters. And for those that still aren't. ..using DOH wont' guarantee them a seat either. IN addition, that's part of the risk of commuting.

I agree and find it very difficult to imagine the real possibility of having to face a person like 700UW et al on a daily basis. You can rest assured that these people will constantly shove seniority in your face and when confronted with hostility towards their condescending attitude will resort to crying about how much they have lost. Nevermind the fact that you had no say in the matter over this merger. I wish that Doug Parker would have never had that lunch date with Dave Siegel several years back.

Your dribble depresses me......By the way your airline would not be here either witout USAirways which is the name on the side of the plane. Take you DOH and be happy you have a JOB

My coworkers on the East side who are using Date of Hire to steal the jobs of AWA employees are unethical, immoral, and ungrateful.

Having said that, why did the AWA employees agree to have a union with an unethical and immoral merger policy represent them?

bus driver , how appropriate.I believe it is usair group who owns us both.Obiously your a junior pilot.someday you too will be concerned about senority. In your lifetime there will be another merger and you will be the senior pilot. remember how you felt and mark my words what comes around goes around.You think were all a bunch of crybabys..well im not . I will accept whatever the outcome is. will you? I dont think so....In fact I think you will be the winer.Remember how you acted someday it will be you that is threatened with your loss of your job.All because of senority...and you will survive. either way we need to get along....or not.Sniffing to much hydro fuid....If not for me and my coworkers you wouldnt be flying at all....just goes to show You dont apprieceate the mechanics who work so hard to insure your safety. Its a shame. I have spent 21 years ensuring the safety of my fellow pilots.I too am a pilot.You have no respect for your best friends ...The mechanics. At 40,000 ft you need us more than ever. rest assured we will be there for you always...even when you degrade us.
I hope the best for you.. I wont degrade you.Have a safe flight.Your friend the old line mechanic.Remember me when your fast asleep at 3 am. Im out there working on your plane that your flying in the morning,and you can bet it will be fixed correctly.

usair brought a lot to the table.There called usair group.
There the ones who own you and me.Not awa group..
Get used to senority or not...either way it will be the rule ....like it or not and when a senior pilot takes your job remember what I said.For me Ill be glad to see a senior usair pilot take your position.Im sure he will have much better judgement than you do as per your last post.
Reap the wirlwind junior and get used to that right seat and taken orders and saying yes sir. most likely on a r/j.