Separation of Church and State?

OK, so let's set aside the fact that the COTUS clearly states:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

So lets go with the idea that this is now a christian nation. What do I do? What do the rest of us do that do not believe in your religion? Also, exactly which christian religion are we? As I understand it there are quite a few different versions of you. So which one will it be? What do you want to teach in school? I assume creationism (religion) will be taught along science?

Assuming what Barton said was true, Congress violated the COTUS. The fact that it was not contested in court does not surprise me given that most of the people who had power were white christians. These same people who saw fit to own other humans beings, deprive 50% +/- of the right to own property and vote. These same people saw fit to keep those who were not white christians out of power and subservient but hey, they were good christans right?

Like it or not this is a secular nation. God is not mentioned once in the COTUS which is the document that this nation bases it's laws on. Some of the founders were not religious at all.

Reactions: 3 people
There's nothing specific about the separation either. Its all ACLU hype.

A manger or a creche in a public building is an endorsement or state sponsorship of a religion?

I think not......

Hate speech laws designed by progressives focused on Biblical content that cater to certain lifestyles is a violation too I'd bet.

Tripping over itself and caving to Sharia probably is too.

Reactions: 2 people
OK, so let's set aside the fact that the COTUS clearly states:

So lets go with the idea that this is now a christian nation. What do I do? What do the rest of us do that do not believe in your religion? Also, exactly which christian religion are we? As I understand it there are quite a few different versions of you. So which one will it be? What do you want to teach in school? I assume creationism (religion) will be taught along science?

Assuming what Barton said was true, Congress violated the COTUS. The fact that it was not contested in court does not surprise me given that most of the people who had power were white christians. These same people who saw fit to own other humans beings, deprive 50% +/- of the right to own property and vote. These same people saw fit to keep those who were not white christians out of power and subservient but hey, they were good christans right?

Like it or not this is a secular nation. God is not mentioned once in the COTUS which is the document that this nation bases it's laws on. Some of the founders were not religious at all.

Duh.........go read the first amendment....nothing says you have to have religion.
If indeed God was mentioned in the Constitution, wouldn't that be in some way an endorsement of a particular entity relative to a certain belief system denying other religions their time and place? Including non believers?

And if you doubt Barton's claims, a little research into what he claimed in the video will either support or negate his statements.

There's nothing specific about the separation either. Its all ACLU hype.

A manger or a creche in a public building is an endorsement or state sponsorship of a religion?

I think not......

Hate speech laws designed by progressives focused on Biblical content that cater to certain lifestyles is a violation too I'd bet.

Tripping over itself and caving to Sharia probably is too.

Duh.........go read the first amendment....nothing says you have to have religion.
If indeed God was mentioned in the Constitution, wouldn't that be in some way an endorsement of a particular entity relative to a certain belief system denying other religions their time and place? Including non believers?

And if you doubt Barton's claims, a little research into what he claimed in the video will either support or negate his statements.

How would a christmas display on public property not be an endorsement? How would 10 commandments in a US court not be an endorsement? It's public property that I help pay for supporting a religious fallacy that I do not believe in.

Please give me an example of the hate speech in regards to biblical content. I do not know what you are referring to.

That was my point. IMO the reason the framers did not mention any religion or god in the COTUS was so that no religion was involved in government. They had come from that situation and knew that nothing good would come of it.

The truth or falseness of his statements are not at issue. If he is right, then Congress violated the COTUS, if he is not right, then they did not. Congress has violated the COTUS in the past and they will do it in the future. It is up to the people to call them on it. Just because Congress held services in the capital building and that there are religious paintings in the capital building does not make it right and does not necessarily make an enforcement of religion. I would be completely against it today due to the fact that it is a public building which I help pay for and I do not agree with religious fairy tales being supported by my tax dollars.

How would a christmas display on public property not be an endorsement? How would 10 commandments in a US court not be an endorsement? It's public property that I help pay for supporting a religious fallacy that I do not believe in.

Please give me an example of the hate speech in regards to biblical content. I do not know what you are referring to.

That was my point. IMO the reason the framers did not mention any religion or god in the COTUS was so that no religion was involved in government. They had come from that situation and knew that nothing good would come of it.

The truth or falseness of his statements are not at issue. If he is right, then Congress violated the COTUS, if he is not right, then they did not. Congress has violated the COTUS in the past and they will do it in the future. It is up to the people to call them on it. Just because Congress held services in the capital building and that there are religious paintings in the capital building does not make it right and does not necessarily make an enforcement of religion. I would be completely against it today due to the fact that it is a public building which I help pay for and I do not agree with religious fairy tales being supported by my tax dollars.

And what right does someone have to impose their shallow/hollow non-beleifs?

atheist-christmas.gif

If they came out and said that Buddism is the only religion authorized for worship and stopped all others including atheists from meeting then they have violated the Constitution. Go look it up...no mention of the separation of church and state.

So based on your Constitution, there has been a law established that says you must put a creche or manager on public property?? I can't find a law that says that.

Religion is involved in government everyday.....Presidential inauguration is opened by prayer....so I guess they do endorse religion. Did you gripe about that? You paid for it.

Reactions: 1 person
If they came out and said that Buddism is the only religion authorized for worship and stopped all others including atheists from meeting then they have violated the Constitution. Go look it up...no mention of the separation of church and state.

So based on your Constitution, there has been a law established that says you must put a creche or manager on public property?? I can't find a law that says that.

Religion is involved in government everyday.....Presidential inauguration is opened by prayer....so I guess they do endorse religion. Did you gripe about that? You paid for it.

That is only one way a government can endorse a religion and that is one of the more blatant ways of doing it. Separation of church and state is not mentioned anywhere in the COTUS, it is mentioned in ruling after ruling of the SCOTUS. The basis of which is found in the 1st amendment of the COTUS.

I have no idea how you got to that point. The COTUS only specifies what the government cannot do in terms of religion. The COTUS makes no mention of anything people must do.

I am fully aware that religion has invaded government. Everything from inaugurations, opening of Congress to having a clergy member on staff and religion on our currency. I have spoken out against all of it at one point or another.

That is only one way a government can endorse a religion and that is one of the more blatant ways of doing it. Separation of church and state is not mentioned anywhere in the COTUS, it is mentioned in ruling after ruling of the SCOTUS. The basis of which is found in the 1st amendment of the COTUS.

I have no idea how you got to that point. The COTUS only specifies what the government cannot do in terms of religion. The COTUS makes no mention of anything people must do.

I am fully aware that religion has invaded government. Everything from inaugurations, opening of Congress to having a clergy member on staff and religion on our currency. I have spoken out against all of it at one point or another.

Its mentioned in a letter from Thomas Jefferson as an aside. I haven't seen it soley based in a ruling.

The term is a perversion.
Like David Barton said in that video....the government was built around faith and grew on faith. There wasn't much of a problem until about 50-60 years ago.That's coincidental isn't it?

Ok, then what's your point?

It is a desparate attempt at relevance.

When your dreams of a ruling Muslim Brotherhood and 2011 Depression don't come true, the way to divert attention from your follies is to yell the left is picking on God.

God just can't take care of himself anymore.

Its mentioned in a letter from Thomas Jefferson as an aside. I haven't seen it soley based in a ruling.

The term is a perversion.
Like David Barton said in that video....the government was built around faith and grew on faith. There wasn't much of a problem until about 50-60 years ago.That's coincidental isn't it?

No it was not. It is very clearly crafted as a secular nation (no mention of religion in the COTUS) made my men who had faith and practiced their faith. There is a huge difference between the two ideas.

Not sure why it would coincidental. WWII ended and segregation was on it's way out. Women got the right to vote and own property in the 1920's. People who's rights were abridged started to realize that they were no longer going to remain silent. People such as my self decided to stand up and be heard.

The term is firmly rooted in the COTUS.

It is a desparate attempt at relevance.

When your dreams of a ruling Muslim Brotherhood and 2011 Depression don't come true, the way to divert attention from your follies is to yell the left is picking on God.

God just can't take care of himself anymore.

I guess all that quality work in OCC finally caving in that space between your ears......Sir, you have my deepest sympathies.....I hope someday you get a life.