Series C stock update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev3188

Veteran
Oct 5, 2003
Right in the middle.
For those of you still holding shares...

Series C Claim Paid in Common Stock
May 31, 2007

Northwest Airlines emerged from bankruptcy this morning when the Plan of Reorganization under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code became effective. In accordance with the Plan, NWA Corp. will issue 4,704,373 shares of common stock to approximately 23,427 participants who held Series C preferred stock as of August 1, 2003. The common stock is issued as settlement of the $212,520,140.82 claim won by the IAM in court for the Company’s failure to redeem the Series C on August 1, 2003.

The 4.7 million shares represents the IAM’s portion of all newly-issued common shares available to satisfy all unsecured claims after holding back 17% which may be necessary to pay those claims currently in dispute. In other words, if the court allows all disputed claims there will be no further allocation to Series C claim holders. If all or some of the disputed claims are disallowed, the IAM Series C participants will receive additional shares of common stock at some point in the future when disputed claims are resolved.

As of August 1, 2003, there were 3,670,886 shares of Series C in the IAM Trust and 28,662 shares held by 277 participants outside the Trust. For every share of Series C held, the participant will receive 1.279 shares of common stock. If for example, an individual had 150 shares of Series C in his/her account on August 1, 2003, that person would be entitled to 191.86 shares of new common stock.

Over the past 24 hours the IAM, the IAM Trustee for the Series C stock and the Company have been negotiating an allocation agreement, which will facilitate the distribution of the common stock to participants. It is anticipated that the shares will be deposited into each participant’s 401(k) account by Saturday, June 2, 2007. On Monday, June 4 participants should be free to either hold their shares or sell their shares at the market price. The individual will have the sole responsibility to decide what to do with their shares. Remember, the normal 401(k) rules regarding penalties and loans apply. We recommend consulting your personal financial advisor.

For the 277 participants outside the 401(k) Plan, their shares will be deposited in an account set up with the distribution agent. If you are one of these individuals you will be receiving communications directly from Computershare, the distribution agent.

Look for additional information that will be furnished in the next few days. This information will provide greater detail on the transaction and further explain your rights and options under the 401(k) Plan.

I hope that whomever was awarded shares in the "new NWA" has already moved them (aka rolled them over to another fund in their 401k account). The "new NWA" stock is going down faster than a scab-related emergency landing.

The day we get our "new NWA" shares, they closed at $26.33 on Friday, June 1. At the end of the business day on Tuesday, June 5, the stock was trading at $24.57.

I rolled my allotment over to a different fund in my 401k account after the end of the business day on Monday when the stock closed at $25.66 - a brief check of my retirement account tonight (6/5) shows that the transaction has not been processed yet. Who knows how much more the stock will plummet before the transaction will go through?

Do I (and everyone else who were awarded "new NWA" stock) have a right to be bitter about this whole scenario? You bet we do! Especially since we are only getting approximately 50% of what we are owed (if you take the put price and 12% interest accrued annually since 2003 into account).

(To Finman: You can spare us the claptrap about "you should be thankful you got what you did, since you didn't expect to get anything" - that doesn't mean what the company did was right.)

The people in my station that have Series C stock are/were unanimous in their intention to sell it off as soon as they received it.

No one wants to see if the share price goes up; they just want to be done with it.

Bitter? That doesn't begin to describe it.

An ex-honorable told me that a Judge was looking into our stock that was screwed up during bk exit. Anyone have any info on this? Also, if there is any adjustment how would that work if you have already sold.

I'd say it's investor reaction to the fact that NWA can't get it's house in order..45 flights cancelled so far today (as of 1200)...

I just found out that I have 88 shares of "new" NWA stock. I didn't know that I would get them. I was one of the lucky who had sold all of it (that I could) at $59+ , then dumped the last bit at around $12 about a year before the strike.

I also closed the 401K and rolled over everything. Now I find out that I am back in it thanks to the Series C claim. I guess I am stuck with it and will hope for a buyout or merger. It's now a little late to sell it.
Argh.gif

I just found out that I have 88 shares of "new" NWA stock. I didn't know that I would get them. I was one of the lucky who had sold all of it (that I could) at $59+ , then dumped the last bit at around $12 about a year before the strike.

I also closed the 401K and rolled over everything. Now I find out that I am back in it thanks to the Series C claim. I guess I am stuck with it and will hope for a buyout or merger. It's now a little late to sell it.
Argh.gif
I didn't have a 401, I do have equity growth and equity income funds thru citistreet (which arn't doing too bad)so I don't want to move them. I'm pretty sure even tho I am no longer a "contract employee" I can still keep my retirement savings plan or Stock funds(growth & income funds).

I do have "new" common stock also, so I guess I will be hoping for a buyout or merger too. Doesn't seem like NW has much of a chance to get their act together. It's amazing how many other airlines are making money off of NW's incompetence.

Funny, I wasn't suppose to worry about this crap till retirement. :censored:

Argh.gif

$18.99...Down another 5%...

I'm curious...why can't you sell your shares?

Status
Not open for further replies.