SHARES or RES?

US1YFARE

Veteran
Mar 31, 2004
I made a reservation through the US1 desk today. The first agent told me that the ticket was $1600 (I asked for a refundable ticket). I told her that I fly that route frequently and that the fare seemed about $400 too high. She said, well that's what it is. I said, thank you and hung up. I called the US1 desk back and the agent told me that the fare was $800 which seemed about $400 too low, but I booked it. When I booked the flight, he asked me my phone number, complete address and email address. I asked why it didn't come up with my profile and he said that SHARES doesn't save the profile that way and we have to give all of that information everytime we book a ticket. That is just stupid. One of the reasons for the US1 desk is so that making reservations and travel is hassle free. Some may think that it is not a big deal, but i had to spell my street name at least 3 times and my city name 4 times. It just makes what is supposed to be a quick and hassle free experience longer.

And, what's with the new voice prompt for the US1 desk? She sounds bored. Also, it asks an extra question about numbers and letters in your DM account number--I guess that is because of the conversion also.

This SHARES system is a GD embarASSment.....a computer system from the DARK AGES. WAKE UP MORONS, the customers and the employees are over it BIG TIME! :down:

Unfortunately QIK does automatically prepopulate your info.and don't think the reps are too happy about asking you for it. As for the price - anyone's guess.

Whose fault is it? Yours.

But seriously, QIK does prepopulate all DM information, not just Preferreds. Based on that information alone, sounds like you got an agent not as familiar w/ QIK as they could be. Of course, could have something to do w/ the fact that they weren't trained properly...

But seriously,
When you sell a segment on another airline (OA) antiquated SHARES does not update to HK like saber. Barbell antiquated SHARES when over like a lead balloon. Just curious do you permanently work behind a counter for 8hr's+ on a daily basis with 500 customers staring at you? I've try PARDON MY DUST it doesn't work
A simple YES or NO please

I made a reservation through the US1 desk today. The first agent told me that the ticket was $1600 (I asked for a refundable ticket). I told her that I fly that route frequently and that the fare seemed about $400 too high. She said, well that's what it is. I said, thank you and hung up. I called the US1 desk back and the agent told me that the fare was $800 which seemed about $400 too low, but I booked it.

Assuming you get a confirmation email, I believe you have 24 hours to call back for corrections if it was incorrectly booked. Check your email and make sure you have the correct class of service, dates of travel, and city pairs booked. If it is $400 too low, one of the above being incorrect could account for the problem.

on the east side....nothing is prepopulating.

If you are wondering why it is taking us so
long to do a reservation.....I am copying down
information out of your profile BY HAND.

Also we have to write down the credit card
info..because 90 pct of the time the computer
loses all the info the first time.

It is no fun..and we'll all have carpal tunnel soon.

on the east side....nothing is prepopulating.

If you are wondering why it is taking us so
long to do a reservation.....I am copying down
information out of your profile BY HAND.

Also we have to write down the credit card
info..because 90 pct of the time the computer
loses all the info the first time.

It is no fun..and we'll all have carpal tunnel soon.

Are east and west on the same system? Im on the west and have had NO problem with losing credit card info. What about using the computer notepad. We write nothing on paper. Once the DM account number is entered into the pnr, it should prepopulate info. No problem on the west at all with this. Why would the east have a problem and the west not.Just curious. Mama

But seriously, QIK does prepopulate all DM information, not just Preferreds. Based on that information alone, sounds like you got an agent not as familiar w/ QIK as they could be. Of course, could have something to do w/ the fact that they weren't trained properly...
Once again no clue, dingus!!
It should have already been taken care of.
But then again what do you care, but for SPIN.

No problem on the west at all with this. Why would the east have a problem and the west not.Just curious. Mama

maybe you are smarter ;)

i called and made another reservation today through the US1 desk. I paid for it and she confirmed my address. I asked her why she didn't have to ask me for my info and she said that SHARES doesn't populate the screen with the info but that she copied it over from my account so she didn't need to ask me. I thought that was nice of her and thanked her. Actually, I offered her an A&B and she said use it for someone who really did something to help you. I said, but you did...you made my experience nicer and she refused...is that because she really feels that way or doesn't want to give me her employee number?

maybe you are smarter ;)

i called and made another reservation today through the US1 desk. I paid for it and she confirmed my address. I asked her why she didn't have to ask me for my info and she said that SHARES doesn't populate the screen with the info but that she copied it over from my account so she didn't need to ask me. I thought that was nice of her and thanked her. Actually, I offered her an A&B and she said use it for someone who really did something to help you. I said, but you did...you made my experience nicer and she refused...is that because she really feels that way or doesn't want to give me her employee number?

Not that my husband would say so, but I must be smarter because shares DOES do this! I have to agree that maybe she didnt want to give out her employee number because she was absilutely wrong!! Can anyone else confirm they've also been told this? Im speechless-not really!! B) Back at ya!