EyeInTheSky

Veteran
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
Oh don't move this moderators!

US blogger fired by her airline

By Jo Twist
BBC News science and technology reporter

A US airline attendant suspended over "inappropriate images" on her blog - web diary - says she has been fired. Ellen Simonetti, known as Queen of the Sky, wrote an anonymous semi-fictional account of her life in the sky. She was suspended...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3974081.stm

I think it's funny. Maybe I should start a blog about the "Good Ole Flying Days" I have Polaroids of a massive party at the old Airways Hotel in Buffalo ...talk about "inappropriate." Maybe some of you on here were there snowed in...toga, toga, toga! Or how about that party in Toronto at the Sundown Lounge... Nosewheel roulette in Vegas... go to Boeingsandb*tches.com.

The pic they show there is fine... it's the one with her tits hanging out while in a Delta uniform I'd guess they were upset about.

Way to go for getting rid of the tired "sex object/stewardess" expectation of flight attendants.

As for "the good old days"... I always found it charming listening to the gramps and grampas (not you Eye! :p ) talking about "when it was fun", and crews hung out together and had a good time... it never occurs to them that the fun is still being had, just not by them anymore. Not sexy stuff, but there are crews who definatley still have a good time and don't moan at each other all day on the plane then slam-click at the hotel, just not the older crowd at a failing legacy carrier.

EyeInTheSky said:
I think it's funny. Maybe I should start a blog about the "Good Ole Flying Days" I have Polaroids of a massive party at the old Airways Hotel in Buffalo ...talk about "inappropriate." Maybe some of you on here were there snowed in...toga, toga, toga! Or how about that party in Toronto at the Sundown Lounge... Nosewheel roulette in Vegas... go to Boeingsandb*tches.com.
[post="197687"][/post]​

that site isn't found anywhere :( with a www or not....couldn't even find anything on a search for boeings and b(i)tches

700UW said:
Look under queen of the sky.
[post="197725"][/post]​
yeah found that, but no 'risque' pics at least not of the type lightyears was referring to (just for the novelty of saying i'd seen em, if just wanted to see breasts i'd go to www.thehun.com)

I'm exaggerating a bit, they aren't exactly hanging out, but the shirt is unbuttoned really low, to where you can see her bra and she's leaning over the seat with a seductive look on her face. It's clear that she's being ironic, she's not being serious, but still... you just don't do that in a company's clearly identifiable uniform, in thier clearly identifiable cabin, and you especially don't post it on the net.

She made a dumb mistake, but I hope she gets her job back. No F/A union at good old boys Delta though.

:disguise: By the way, totally guilty of typing in both websites listed above. :eek: :p

I'm told that the blog issue goes way beyond the cleavage shot in uniform.... Whatever was objectionable was removed weeks ago.

There's no comparison between this and John McCorkle's censure from US management. She posed for these pictures while on company property (unless she borrowed someone else's 767-300), on company time (self-admitted that this was done prior to a trip boarding), and in a company uniform (partially).