Short And Stupid

thepoohbear

Advanced
Aug 22, 2002
www.usaviation.com
:blink:
When will this company learn?I have been with the company for 23 years. During the fat and lean times.At one time we had nearly 100 flt a day and competed with CO which has a hub in our city. Our leaders(so to speak) bent over and gave the city and traffic away. Now the company hedges all it's future on the internet,kiosks and someone named Hector as our future.
1) Although i'm a computer junky as anyone I work with will tell you, our web site has too many problems. Although I like working I have been telling passengers to check in at home. Mainly the international ones. Our geniuses who brainstormed and gave the kiosks passport readers.But none for the agents at the counter. Unfortunately the company does everything half way and many passengers tell me they get knocked off before they can comlete the chkin proceedure.
2) The kiosks should have been there to assist us.Not the otherway around.On Saturday the 19th while all the flts we have were booked out the wazoo.Some of our kiosks were putting passengers on the OS list.Not a problem except there were about 40 seat available on the map and they were'nt blocked. Why buy the best software when you can get almost as good.Also the company could give the passengers the option on the first screen to give them a tutorial incase the have never used a kiosk before.If not they could move on.
3)Outsourcing sounds great for our stockholders.But from a customer service standpoint it sux.Never have passengers and possible customers been so incovienced.The concept of offering a service is gone.We have become McAir.We'll get you there MAYBE? You can complain but you may have to be multilingual to get your point across.All of the services when your inconvienced will be outsourced to uncaring 2nd customer companies.Every try to use a rebate? only to find the company who your waiting for the money from has a sweatshop in MN doing the rebate paperwork.I have, they could care less about who you are and less if there is any problem.
Finally
Every station is being run too short.We had 3 agents thying to check in approx 360 passengers of whom 300 needed docs done.All by hand.We had some moron from the TSA who used to be a former cop and still must think he is demand we get people to clear our passengers at security.Unfortunatly cloning is illegal and most of our local management(if you can ever find them) care only about the numbers. They and the company care little or nothing about customers or employees.
And for those who say Well then leave. I will be. I hope for the best for everyone i'll leave behind and hope the company can get work out of the Mc employees they try to entice to work in this glamourous and enjoyable field. Just don't tell them about holiday weekends. Gone by Sept. Pooh Bear Out.
:up:

thepoohbear said:
2) The kiosks should have been there to assist us.Not the otherway around.
[post="249442"][/post]​

The kiosks have been going berserk recently with many strange items popping up (more so than usual.) We've been getting lots of $100 change fees being calculated instead of the $25 standby confirmed with over 50 seats open on the flight. It showed $111. for one girl and another on the same flight same ticket it changed for $26.50. ??? Another one going just to PHL recalculated the fare at over $200. Not sure why this one happened. He was only going to PHL this day with a trip to IPT the next day. Only thing I can figure out is that the computer thought he was going all the way to IPT today (although the computer select screen only showed PHL) and it was going to reissue the entire ticket all the way. Otherwise, it shouldnt have been over the $100 change fee if the day was different, which it wasnt.
I also thought the kiosk was to offer rerouting options if a flight was late, but it only stops checkin and says see an agent. Did I read a memo wrong or was I dreaming about the rerouting option?
As far as kiosks helping the agents, I agree. We were told 1 agent per 3 kiosks, but some days we have 1 agent per 4 or 6 kiosks depending on if they cover all shifts or not.