Should we go to WAR with IRAQ ??????

Connected1

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
From a strictly financial viewpoint...

The answer to this question hinges upon whether you believe that a war with Iraq makes the world a safer place or not. If you believe that it does, then the safer world it would create would be a good thing for airlines' top line.

There may be job losses after the declaration of war. Would they be caused by the war or by a rationalization of capacity that would have happened one way or the other? Is the war really to blame? I would point the finger at overcapacity instead.

As far as AA is concerned, war cannot be good.

I have no idea how many jobs have been lost as a result of 9/11 attack on our soil. More importantly we know that nearly 3000 innocent lives were lost. I am 100% in favor of taking whatever action is required to try to prevent such acts. The cost of doing nothing is too high, the cost of doing something appears to be great also.

I have conflicting views on the IRAQ issue but mainly because I must accept that our Government has more information than what has been reported. I feel the World Police actions of the United States should not be within our top priorities. However, the Consitution requires defense of the mother land.

The economic toll on our country that resulted from the terrorist act is not much talked about. But, without hesitation, I admit that those ba$tards suceeded in there objective.

WAR is ugly, WAR is death, WAR is costly, but when WAR is required to defend our nation and security then we must engage.

The good news is in the future.

A time of Peace

The Millennial peace will be a welcome relief after the turbulent cleansing period of the last days, which will be highlighted by wars, pestilence, earthquake, lightning and fire.

Speaking of the cessation from war, Isaiah says: "and they shall beat their swords into plowshares [plows--for gardening] and their spears into pruninghooks; nations shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." (Isa. 2:4, see also Psalm 46:9). "Violence shall no more be heard in the land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates, Praise." (Isa 60:18).

"Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. (Psalm 119:165).

In simple terms, place your faith in the lord and fear not what comes upon us, just pray that Jesus returns sooner than later and that yourself and your friends are granted salvation. The truth is that the biblical prophecies will be fullfilled regardless of our personal opinions. Each of us can live in peace regardless of earthly human conflict when we trust the Lord.

RV4(dave),
Great reply !!

However,
your references about the creator, followed by the "picture" of the GUN, at the bottom of your post, is counter productive(IMHO).

Anyway,
(Knowing how much I detest the GOP), GWB is 99% correct about Iraq, and I SUPPORT HIM in this endevour !!

NH/BB's

ok i have no problem going to war if its justified but this war to me isnt. for one bush says its over weapons of mass destruction. if that is so why arent we doing anything against n. korea, who says they are building nuclear weapons and that they also have a missle that can hit our west coast. 2. saddam mistreats his people. fine if his people dont like it let them do something about it. 3. because of terrorism well what was like 17 or 18 of the hijackers were saudi but were not doing nothing against them. and if we go into iraq terrorism is going to increase against us. till i see hard proof that this is a justified war i am not going to support it. everybody knows this war is about oil and fixing daddies screw up.

You know what strikes me as comical?

Bush lambasting the UN as an "Ineffective Debating Society" on the Iraq issue, but when it comes to Korea and their nuclear program he is all for letting that same "Ineffective Debating Society" handle the very real threat of a nuclear armed Korea affecting the balance of power in the region.

No, we should not go to war in Iraq. It will kill the economy, and this war will in all likelihood be the start of WW3. Only this time, the US will be it's only "ally", given their fantastic job of alienating their European allies.

I guess that you could re-assure that it won't come back to life for a long, long time.

[blockquote]
----------------
It will kill the economy...
----------------
[/blockquote]

Can you kill something that already died?

Korea doesn't have any oil fields, case closed.

As a pacifist, I am against any type of offensive military action, but fully support defensive actions.

Everytime Dubya opens his mouth, gas prices increase again. We all realize that all this Iraq nonsense is going to play hell with the airline industry, but we also have to remain conscious of the fact that it is going to absolutely destroy the U.S. economy, thereby delivering a clear and concise victory to Bin Laden. We are giving credence to his statment...all you have to do is terrorize infidel americans a little, then, sit back and watch their own government do the rest.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/11/2003 11:02:10 PM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

RV4(dave),
Great reply !!

However,
your references about the creator, followed by the "picture" of the GUN, at the bottom of your post, is counter productive(IMHO).

Anyway,
(Knowing how much I detest the GOP), GWB is 99% correct about Iraq, and I SUPPORT HIM in this endevour !!

NH/BB's
----------------
[/blockquote]

The picture of the gun is from a site called "metalstorm.com". Check it out.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. God fearing men should own guns to protect their families.

What is a "Smart Gun"?

"Smart gun" is a term used for guns which utilise a range of technologies that disable the firing of a weapon by anyone other than the recognised user.

The tens of thousands of gun-related deaths each year in the United States has prompted widespread calls for improvements in the safety of civilian firearms, particularly handguns, while preserving the constitutional right of US citizens to keep and bear arms. Additionally, studies and programs have been undertaken to identify "smart gun" technologies that will reduce deaths and injuries resulting from the use of weapons taken from law enforcement officers.

In response, a range of mechanical add-on handgun locking systems, such as trigger locks to restrict access by unauthorised users, have been developed to improve handgun safety. Gun manufacturers internationally have responded by developing electronic access limiting controls as add-ons to conventional mechanical handguns in an effort to create personalised handguns.

However, both mechanical locking systems and add-on electronic access limiting controls significantly reduce the operational effectiveness and practicality of conventional handguns.

The O'Dwyer VLe - the world's first totally electronic handgun live firing prototype - is Metal Storm's "smart gun". With advanced access limiting features, the O'Dwyer VLe operates without any mechanical moving parts. The only thing that moves in the weapon is the bullets.

Developed specifically for use by the military and police, the O'Dwyer VLe provides authorised operators with immediate and uninhibited firing access, while denying firing access to unauthorised operators, thereby reducing the likelihood of theft and accidental or unauthorised discharge resulting in death or injury.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/12/2003 6:10:08 AM KCFlyer wrote:

No, we should not go to war in Iraq. It will kill the economy, and this war will in all likelihood be the start of WW3. Only this time, the US will be it's only "ally", given their fantastic job of alienating their European allies.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Does the "Grace of God" you make reference to all the time direct you to focus on yourself and monetary earhtly possesions with such passion?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/12/2003 5:51:49 AM WingNaPrayer wrote:

Everytime Dubya opens his mouth, gas prices increase again. We all realize that all this Iraq nonsense is going to play hell with the airline industry, but we also have to remain conscious of the fact that it is going to absolutely destroy the U.S. economy, thereby delivering a clear and concise victory to Bin Laden. We are giving credence to his statment...all you have to do is terrorize infidel americans a little, then, sit back and watch their own government do the rest.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Maybe if your pal Clinton would have opened his mouth instead of hiz zipper, we wouldn't be where we are today. Clinton was warned of terrorist acts, in fact the early attack on the WTC happened on his watch but he was to busy playing with cigars and interns to go after the organization behind the attacks. Oh, that's right, that would have been offensive action and you are opposed to such activity. Yeah, let's just sit back and wait for more attacks to happen and then respond. Typical Liberal!

Don't forget peanuT farmer Jimmy Carter who stripped the FBI and CIA of their primary duties by making it illegal to wiretap Mosques. GUESS WHAT? THE TERRORISTS WERE BREEDING AND PLOTTING IN THESE MOSQUES THAT JIMMY CARTER SAID WAS IMMORAL TO WIRETAP!

Oh, I forgot! The 444 days of the Iranian Hostage Crisis BUT NO SHOTS FIRED AND NO CASUALTIES! Talk about deeming the United States helpless!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/12/2003 8:59:06 AM RV4 wrote:
QUESTION:

Are you contributing to the success of the mission of all terrorist?

Be not afraid, Be bold and proud!

The company of just and righteous men is better than wealth and a rich estate.
- Euripides (485 BC - 406 BC), Aegeus
----------------
[/blockquote]

No, I don't believe that I am contributing to the success of all terrorists. I also don't believe a lot of the Iraqi's who will be part of the "collateral damage" are terrorists. And I also don't believe that bombing the daylights out of one country will do anything to reduce terrorism.

Fear to me are the people who are gung ho to go to war, but will cancel their plans to fly on an airplane or get in a cruise ship, or take the family to Disney while the war is going on.

Fear to me are people who are gung ho on the war while stocking up on duct tape and plastic sheeting.