Shout Out For BWI Flight Attendant

wnbubbleboy

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
By God Indiana

"I gotta get out of here, out of here - pant, pant, pant - where's that nice blonde lady with the big smile that likes to go, go, go?"
Pace, pace, pace.
"Where, oh, where has she gone?"

If you could read the mind of most pooches currently residing at the Annapolis and Anne Arundel County SPCA, that's most likely the message that would come through loud and clear.

But when the woman they all clamor for strides in, what really comes through loud and clear is more akin to howls and doggy calls of joy.

The woman, Lesley Bastian, is one of the dogs' best friends and one of the "soul" reasons for all the increased activity and fresh air at the center.

Lesley Bastian has become quite a regular at the SPCA over the past couple of years. Most weeks she spends about 20 hours on the five-acre grounds that surround the building - mostly on the run outside along the paths.

"It keeps me off the couch and out of trouble, and not out spending money," she said.

But running for her health, or that of the dogs, is not her real motivation for volunteering.

"A whole body wag and maybe an occasional lick or two," ranks tops on her list.

"Their faces motivate me not to be lazy," she said.

When Ms. Bastian isn't at the shelter she's likely to be found 40,000 feet in the air, working as a flight attendant for Southwest Airlines based out of BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport.

http://www2.hometownannapolis.com/cgi-bin/...07/07_29-41/NBH

"I gotta get out of here, out of here - pant, pant, pant - where's that nice blonde lady with the big smile that likes to go, go, go?"
Pace, pace, pace.
"Where, oh, where has she gone?"

If you could read the mind of most pooches currently residing at the Annapolis and Anne Arundel County SPCA, that's most likely the message that would come through loud and clear.

But when the woman they all clamor for strides in, what really comes through loud and clear is more akin to howls and doggy calls of joy.

The woman, Lesley Bastian, is one of the dogs' best friends and one of the "soul" reasons for all the increased activity and fresh air at the center.

Lesley Bastian has become quite a regular at the SPCA over the past couple of years. Most weeks she spends about 20 hours on the five-acre grounds that surround the building - mostly on the run outside along the paths.

"It keeps me off the couch and out of trouble, and not out spending money," she said.

But running for her health, or that of the dogs, is not her real motivation for volunteering.

"A whole body wag and maybe an occasional lick or two," ranks tops on her list.

"Their faces motivate me not to be lazy," she said.

When Ms. Bastian isn't at the shelter she's likely to be found 40,000 feet in the air, working as a flight attendant for Southwest Airlines based out of BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport.

http://www2.hometownannapolis.com/cgi-bin/...07/07_29-41/NBH
Kudos to her....I think we can all do a bit to help out our furry friends :up: