Shuttle Diverts To Alb To Pick Up Bush Girls

my favorite part is that David Castelveter is highlighted in the "names and faces" section of the Wastington Post like he is some big celebrity.

ClueByFour said:
If it's anybody but the first daughters, they rebook the entire flight the next day (eg, no flag stop).
According to the article, there were 22 other passengers who got on in Albany, so perhaps it was cost effective. I remember back in the 90's reading that all air traffic at LAX was stopped for an additional 30 minutes while Clinton was getting a haircut aboard Air Force One. At least it was reported to be a haircut. Would his other "activity" take that long? :D

I recall being trapped at the greenbrier airport for about 5 hours. U finally sent an MD80. It was diverted from I think Charlotte.

It happens now and then, although not as much now as it used to. I've been on a DTW-CLT flight that flag stopped ROA to pick up a canx flight. You can check flifo and see diversions for cancelled flights all the time. If the Bush daughters HADNT been on the flight and the same thing happened, it wouldnt have made the news. :down: