Sign Up for a Chance to Show Your Support in Washington D.C. for the US Airways and American Merger!

No new CBA for IAM groups, no help.

Attempted extortion never works for RLA represented employees because they have a disadvantage administered by the NMB. Doug Parker will simply place the IAM on ignore. The best way for the IAM groups to obtain meaningful contract improvements is to have a strong, viable company to work for that produces leading profits. Why? I believe strong companies have more money to pay employees and like law enforcement -- management will never, ever give in to extortion -- just like law enforcement will never, ever give in to terrorists. Once it's done than terrorists and extortionists will always used the same tired, old tactic.

This thread is for those employees who wold like to travel to D.C. "To Show their Support for the Proposed Corporate Transaction." With all due respect, would it be too much to ask for employees to not hijack this thread and keep their contract/SL comments in their own labor group's topic? In fact, is posting labor comments in another thread not a violation of this Forum's rules and subject the author to "time off in the corn field?"

Reactions: 4 people
there will be folks from both iam groups that will probably go but on the whole not as many as say the other groups.. on the other hand exactly what is this suppose to garner... bec i seriously doubt itll be anything as significant as to do nothing more than get attention but in dc its pretty much all deaf ears when dealing with the doj and the govt as well as the mgmt of both airlines

there will be folks from both iam groups that will probably go but on the whole not as many as say the other groups.. on the other hand exactly what is this suppose to garner... bec i seriously doubt itll be anything as significant as to do nothing more than get attention but in dc its pretty much all deaf ears when dealing with the doj and the govt as well as the mgmt of both airlines

Robbedagain,

I believe Doug, Tom, & Rich Parker are seeking Senator and Congressman support to pressure the Obama Administration into reaching a settlement with less divestiture. The risk is a settlement that causes AMR's POR to not be accurate and the voted on Disclosure Statement to become invalid. This would require at least another 5 months to submit a knew POR and go through the 4-month bankruptcy timeline to obtain secured/unsecured creditor and bondholder support of an amended Disclosure Statement.

In my opinion, and I could be wrong, it appears to me this is a bit dicey for both the regulators and the two companies with a lot that each side could lose, which is why I believe this is more about a negotiation than a litigation.

USA320Pilot

I agree with 700 on this one, no contract, no help... We all no why you pilots want this to happen, as you all will gain the most from it, of course you guys support it. You all need to think about the other employees and not just yourselves, typical fly boy...

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry, I am not getting much love from Management in PHX, so I really don't feel so obliged to help the Tempe Boys in their own personal Manifest Destiny to be in charge of the world's largest airline. Let the cards fall where they may... merger or not, PHX closure or not, but I am not going to allow myself to feel as if I was some "dual bag" in helping them while being crapped upon.

Reactions: 3 people
Sorry, I am not getting much love from Management in PHX, so I really don't feel so obliged to help the Tempe Boys in their own personal Manifest Destiny to be in charge of the world's largest airline. Let the cards fall where they may... merger or not, PHX closure or not, but I am not going to allow myself to feel as if I was some "dual bag" in helping them while being crapped upon.

I wonder how many people who are going to lose their jobs are cheerleading for this merger? I think you should let Doug and gang figure their way out of this. I don't think that it will help one bit and the company will just see it as a weakness and exploit that weakness as they have done whenever the employees "help out".

Bob

Reactions: 1 person
"On Sept. 17, 300 US Airways and American employees will travel to Washington D.C. to meet with members of Congress, rally on Capitol Hill and collectively show unified support for the merger.

Because this is a volunteer opportunity, please be sure you have covered your scheduled work shift, trip traded, or are on approved vacation during the days of Sept. 17 and 18."

I'll be there if I can drop a trip.

This administration and it's Holder need to butt out of free market. They need to stick with the issues which are important to the voters who brought in the present leadership.

Issues like legalizing pot and screwing up healthcare. They should not go unopposed in screwing up a merger.

"On Sept. 17, 300 US Airways and American employees will travel to Washington D.C. to meet with members of Congress, rally on Capitol Hill and collectively show unified support for the merger.

Because this is a volunteer opportunity, please be sure you have covered your scheduled work shift, trip traded, or are on approved vacation during the days of Sept. 17 and 18."

I'll be there if I can drop a trip.

This administration and it's Holder need to butt out of free market. They need to stick with the issues which are important to the voters who brought in the present leadership.

Issues like legalizing pot and screwing up healthcare. They should not go unopposed in screwing up a merger.

Let's vote in the other group who was on watch with 9/11 and the collapse of the economy through unfunded wars and greed. No thanks. Eff the merger until I get an effing contract.

Reactions: 2 people
Snap,

How is it working under a CBA that was done in Chapter 11 over eight years ago?

Attempted extortion never works for RLA represented employees because they have a disadvantage administered by the NMB. Doug Parker will simply place the IAM on ignore. The best way for the IAM groups to obtain meaningful contract improvements is to have a strong, viable company to work for that produces leading profits. Why? I believe strong companies have more money to pay employees and like law enforcement -- management will never, ever give in to extortion -- just like law enforcement will never, ever give in to terrorists. Once it's done than terrorists and extortionists will always used the same tired, old tactic.

This thread is for those employees who wold like to travel to D.C. "To Show their Support for the Proposed Corporate Transaction." With all due respect, would it be too much to ask for employees to not hijack this thread and keep their contract/SL comments in their own labor group's topic? In fact, is posting labor comments in another thread not a violation of this Forum's rules and subject the author to "time off in the corn field?"

Extortion? You've got to be kidding me. Could you be a little bit more dramatic?

The best way for the IAM groups to obtain meaningful contract improvements is to have a strong, viable company to work for that produces leading profits. Why? I believe strong companies have more money to pay employees.

http://www.iam141.or...otification.pdf

Dear UNITED employees, thank you for helping us with this Continental Airlines merger. Now go fu¢k yourselves.

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts