Signature Visa Card

rvolkcpa

Advanced
Aug 30, 2002
We have had the Dividend Miles VISA Platinum card for many years. We recently received Signature VISA cards which are supposed to have enhanced benefits including priority boarding.

Last night we flew from PHL to TPA. When the first class/priority boarding call was made we got in line. I showed my card to the gate agent. She had not been informed of priority boarding for cardmembers but let us board.

Soon after we were seated, I noticed an ad for Signature VISA in the inside cover of the Attache magazine which clearly mentioned priority checkin and boarding.

Has US Airways advised gate employees of priority checkin/boarding for Signature cardholders? Maybe someone like Tadjr could answer this.

Thanks

We are the last to find out anything. I learn most from the passengers. They get info in the mail that outlines new policy. Somehow, the employee is the last to find out...... But your right, you can board with the other high tier members.

Keep on Fly'n

rvolkcpa said:
Maybe someone like Tadjr could answer this.

Thanks
Glad you asked. :p
Actually I had the same problem using mine last week on my flight home from SEATTLE. The agent looked at the boarding passes and asked if I was Preferred. I said no, but the Signature Visa (which I had out in my hand) allows me to preboard. She looked at me and said they didnt teach us that in class, but go ahead. We never really had a class on it (she must be confusing it with the Star training we had) I get on the plane, entire back ad of Attache plastered with it, level off announcement plastered with it.
Tonight I talked to the training agent about it and he said he would send a note to his friend in SEA who handles training to let them know.
At the gate tonight I noticed a memo under the glass from someone in CCY or INT that this is a recurring problem and there appears to be MANY agents who dont bother to read the DRS which stated 8 times back in April and May (they listed the dates it was announced) that the Signature Visa card allows check in and preboarding privileges as long as they have the card and show it. The agents were notified, however it appears not all bother to take the time to read and retain what was presented. In TPA we were also given a handout in the breakroom with the specifics of the card when we were given application forms to offer to customers.
If you have a problem in the future, advise the agent the info was in DRS (and have your Attache copy to show them. :rolleyes: )