SJC-NRT cxld

AC AA LA FA

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
mars
www.usaviation.com
effective 10/28 15 years of SJC-NRT will end. SFO-I base will have only HNL t/a remaining and is in danger of closure. Route can not be transfered and AA will give up NRT trip to go back in the "hopper" and able to be bid for by all US cariers.
AC

Looks like this is true -- inventory for SJC-NRT is zero'd out from November 1 onward, which is usually the pre-cursor to having the flight deleted out of availability.

Looks like this is true -- inventory for SJC-NRT is zero'd out from November 1 onward, which is usually the pre-cursor to having the flight deleted out of availability.
I would guess that maintenance is gone after this flight is pulled. It was reported about a month ago that this flight keeps SJC open and the LGW-RDU flight keeps RDU open.

effective 10/28 15 years of SJC-NRT will end. SFO-I base will have only HNL t/a remaining and is in danger of closure. Route can not be transfered and AA will give up NRT trip to go back in the "hopper" and able to be bid for by all US cariers.
AC

Former ModerAAtor: Is this correct? I thought that AA could apply for authority (routinely granted) to move the flight to a different gateway, like LAX or ORD.

Somewhere I heard that JAL is cutting back slightly at ORD to single daily from double daily.

SJC-NRT is not transferrable to another gateway if I recall, although AA did lobby for that a few years ago.

My money is on HNL-NRT with a 76C That was the plan when that route authority was granted 18-24 months ago, and I believe the authority is still valid. The only reason AA didn't start up the market was that they were unable to secure adequate arrival/departure slots at NRT.

The freed up 777 could feasibly be used to start up ORD-HKG, which I keep hearing rumblings about but never see any action taken.

SJC-NRT is not transferrable to another gateway if I recall, although AA did lobby for that a few years ago.

My money is on HNL-NRT with a 76C That was the plan when that route authority was granted 18-24 months ago, and I believe the authority is still valid. The only reason AA didn't start up the market was that they were unable to secure adequate arrival/departure slots at NRT.

The freed up 777 could feasibly be used to start up ORD-HKG, which I keep hearing rumblings about but never see any action taken.

I understand that the 777 will be used on deep south flying..
I would love to see the HNL-NRT srevice start and crewed with SFO F/As thus keeping the base open and productive.

I understand that the 777 will be used on deep south flying..
I would love to see the HNL-NRT srevice start and crewed with SFO F/As thus keeping the base open and productive.
That would be nice, but I don't see how you could efficiently do it. Seems it would take 5 days minimum to do one trip.

Day 1: SFO-HNL, Layover
Day 2: HNL-NRT
Day 3: Layover
Day 4: NRT-HNL, Layover
Day 5: HNL-SFO

To run this service daily, it would take a LOT of f/as if one crew is going to be gone for 5 days. And, you've got to assume at least 3 days before they do it again. And, would any crew have to do it more than twice a month?

IORFA, are these assumptions correct? Could you shorten this scenario by doing SFO-HNL-NRT (or NRT-HNL-SFO) in "one day"? I don't know about the times and legalities. (In domestic, you know, if you can still stand on your own, you're legal. :lol: ) Also, even if you could do SFO to NRT with a stop in HNL, wouldn't this also take a lot of a/c to do?

That would be nice, but I don't see how you could efficiently do it. Seems it would take 5 days minimum to do one trip.

Day 1: SFO-HNL, Layover
Day 2: HNL-NRT
Day 3: Layover
Day 4: NRT-HNL, Layover
Day 5: HNL-SFO

To run this service daily, it would take a LOT of f/as if one crew is going to be gone for 5 days. And, you've got to assume at least 3 days before they do it again. And, would any crew have to do it more than twice a month?

IORFA, are these assumptions correct? Could you shorten this scenario by doing SFO-HNL-NRT (or NRT-HNL-SFO) in "one day"? I don't know about the times and legalities. (In domestic, you know, if you can still stand on your own, you're legal. :lol: ) Also, even if you could do SFO to NRT with a stop in HNL, wouldn't this also take a lot of a/c to do?
Good question..(NRT t/a possible?)..but would play out this way if any crew base flew that pairing. w/o a HNL base it looks like a 5 day trip. SFO-I wlll have a 85-90 f/a overage in OCT and could absorb that kind of time...
time will tell...

Good question..(NRT t/a possible?)..but would play out this way if any crew base flew that pairing. w/o a HNL base it looks like a 5 day trip. SFO-I wlll have a 85-90 f/a overage in OCT and could absorb that kind of time...
time will tell...

Well, there is always the possibility that the company would establish a f/a base in HNL or even NRT (foreign nationals possible?). Hey, they could make it a satellite of LAX-I and save on costs! :lol:

An NRT turn is technically doable, I suppose, but who would want to do it. JAL shows 8 hrs. 5 minutes HNL-NRT and approx. same time NRT-HNL. Assuming 2-3 hours on the ground at either end to clear customs, clean, re-stock a/c, that would put a turn at 18-19 hours. :shock: And, that assumes no delays of any kind. A crew could do it 3 times in a month and would probably have to do a West Coast turn to bring their hours up to guarantee.

Latest posts