Smokey landing in PHL

Psst... PSA is "us".

Different seniority list and all, but you've got that at Mainline as well. :rolleyes:
Got what at Mainline? PSA is a separate airline. However, when it flies under the
name of USAirways we have to take the heat as well...

Again..... I don't understand your response?

PSA (and PDT) are Wholly Owned carriers of US Airways Group, just like US Airways is. You just never think of "mainline" as being a WO of Group like the Express carriers are.

Got what at Mainline? PSA is a separate airline. However, when it flies under the
name of USAirways we have to take the heat as well...

Again..... I don't understand your response?

nethan is correct. PSA and PDT (and previously ALG) are effectively "sister companies" of US Airways -- all wholly owned subsidiaries of US Airways Group. Financials of all three (plus a few other subsidiaries) are consolidated when reporting earnings every quarter. The other Express carriers are not owned by US Airways Group and operate under contract. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Group.

PSA does not fly on US Airways Mainline Certificate, they have their own FAA issued certificate, they are a separate company, owned by US Airways Group.

PSA does not fly on US Airways Mainline Certificate, they have their own FAA issued certificate, they are a separate company, owned by US Airways Group.
Same applies to PDT, which just means what was said - they're "sister companies" of US Airways Inc., all three being wholly owned subdivisions of US Airways Group.

Jim

The company keeps them around to whipsaw the unions
Creating fear unascertained doubt and hate and discontent

Reactions: 1 person
The company keeps them around to whipsaw the unions
Creating fear unascertained doubt and hate and discontent

On the pilot side, PDT and PSA are sitting in on each other's negotiations to make sure that doesn't happen anymore. And as our flying is at the whim of mainline scope (which hopefully won't slip anymore) there isn't much whipsawing between Express and Mainline.

As a Customer I find the comments here a bit off putting yet interesting.

When I go to the airport, I look at the livery and if it says "US Airways" or "US Airways Express" I honestly don't give a fat rat's arse that Republic operates the plane. It says "US" on the side and legally that's who my contract is with, "US Airways Group, Inc."

So when I hear "Wasn't us it was PSA" it comes off nit picky as truth is if something bad happens the attorney will sue US Airways Group, US Airways Express and Republic and possibly PSA and/or whomever did the ground support. I do get your point but to date I've seen nothing as to the reason for the smoke?