SNA slots for US?

smoot4208

Advanced
Nov 6, 2006
With Aloha Airlines ceasing operations on 3/31, there SNA slots will be returned to the airport authority. Any chance US will apply for CLT/PHL-SNA?

The 319 would be fine. Most rangeof the narrowbody Airbii. US East 752 F Cabins too small. A321- no way. Maybe an East-West synnergy to op AWA 757's from SNA-PHL/CLT?

-Kinglobjaw

US flew the 319 for years on the SNA-PIT run as well as the short-lived SNA-PHL
I flew the PHL-SNA route several times. It was an A319, mostly full, but I understand that a full plane can be misleading. That flight was nice as I could avoid LAX, or I either connected in DFW.

The 757 is obviously the best choice (performance wise) to operate transcon from SNA's very short runway.

This thread, and the one entitled "hawaiian operations" , are a perfect example of why airline employees are where they are today. And why airline managements and union officials are where they are today (at the Country Club).

I saw only one message in either thread that spared so much as a thought for the 1,900 people who find themselves unemployed today; many after having devoted decades of service to Aloha Airlines.

And this is neither the first time, nor the only airline at which this has happened. Every time, since deregulation, that an airline has found itself in financial peril, the first thing the brother and sister employees at other airlines have thought about has been, "What about their assets? Do you think we'll get any?" Not, "Oh my God, those poor employees..."

Do the US Airways employees have that short of a memory that they don't remember how it felt when the likes of Southwest and Delta were wringing their hands and smirking at the prospect of seeing them on the street?

No, the predominant theme today regarding Aloha is, "Too bad about them, but what's in it for us?" What would the founders of the labor movement in this country think about workers practically squealing with delight over the plight of fellow workers, when the former group sees even the slightest advantage to themselves resulting from the latter's misfortune?

That is exactly the attitude that is about to get a long-standing labor union thrown off the US Airways property. Labor groups are supposed to work in unison, across all companies, for the betterment of their class and craft. They were never meant to pit worker against worker, because they happen to wear a different uniform.

And because the other guy's misfortune might lead to my fortune.

My thoughts are with all of the Aloha Airlines employees today.

I totally feel for the employees of Aloha today. What a sad day that must be. With that being said everyone is blaming Mesa and GO as the sole reason for Aloha's demise. They were managed horribly. While I feel for their misfortune the rest of the industry must go on. What more to say besides we feel bad. Anyway, as for US going back into SNA besides the prior HP flights to PHX and LAS we can most likely forget it. They'll scream unprofitable. I doubt you'd even hear management bring it up.

The demise of Aloha, while sad, is not the subject of this thread. This thread is about the status of slots which may become available as a result of Aloha's cessation of operations.

There is another thread about Aloha itself in the regional forum, so please continue your discussions of the shutdown of Aloha over there.

Thank you.

The demise of Aloha, while sad, is not the subject of this thread. This thread is about the status of slots which may become available as a result of Aloha's cessation of operations.

There is another thread about Aloha itself in the regional forum, so please continue your discussions of the shutdown of Aloha over there.

Thank you.

My apologies, Richard.

I was just caught up in the emotion of this unfortunate event.

No apology necessary-we know it's a very emotional issue. We're just trying to keep things on topic around here.....

I do hope the discussion continues in the Aloha topic on the Regional Forum.