SO, Conservatives want to overturn Roe v Wade. Interesting !!!

KCFlyer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Stop letting people use abortion as a means of birth control.

The fact you asked such a stupid and obvious question is pretty telling.

They define them on my behalf when they use my tax dollars to fund abortions.

So no.
The only tax dollars taht are spent on abortions are from Medicaid. If that's your biggest concern, why not push to prevent Medicaid from paying for them. All the other money that goes to Planned Parenthood is for pregnancy prevention. And believe it or not, the government is pretty strict about accounting for THAT money. But what do I know....I only worked with the Title X program for 20 years.

And you know, you CAN stop a woman who wanted to use abortion for birth control, but you CAN'T stop her from tying to actively kill the fetus via drugs, alcohol, smoking and irresponsible physical activity. Then she can give birth to a child with fetal alcohol syndrome or a crack addiction or some other horrible thing. But it's not her problem...she'll just give it up for adoption if her efforts failed.

La Li Lu Le Lo

Veteran
May 29, 2010
The only tax dollars taht are spent on abortions are from Medicaid. If that's your biggest concern, why not push to prevent Medicaid from paying for them.
Just keep telling yourself that.

But what do I know....I only worked with the Title X program for 20 years.
Frankly I am getting tired of hearing that. Government rolls out new regulations all the time. How many years ago was that? Hearing you prattle on about Title X is getting irritating. It's like someone saying they are an authority on modern electronics because they worked on electronics in the 70's. Things change. So please..... do shut up.

And you know, you CAN stop a woman who wanted to use abortion for birth control, but you CAN'T stop her from tying to actively kill the fetus via drugs, alcohol, smoking and irresponsible physical activity. Then she can give birth to a child with fetal alcohol syndrome or a crack addiction or some other horrible thing. But it's not her problem...she'll just give it up for adoption if her efforts failed.
I love how you come up with these ridiculous fantasy scenarios to push your agenda. What I never see you do is use actual events. You lose all credibility when you just make up fiction.

I am not saying those things can and have happened. What I am saying is they are such an extreme minority to use them to argue your stance on continuing to allow abortion as a birth control measure is ridiculous.... just like you.

KCFlyer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Just keep telling yourself that.

Frankly I am getting tired of hearing that. Government rolls out new regulations all the time. How many years ago was that? Hearing you prattle on about Title X is getting irritating. It's like someone saying they are an authority on modern electronics because they worked on electronics in the 70's. Things change. So please..... do shut up.

I love how you come up with these ridiculous fantasy scenarios to push your agenda. What I never see you do is use actual events. You lose all credibility when you just make up fiction.

I am not saying those things can and have happened. What I am saying is they are such an extreme minority to use them to argue your stance on continuing to allow abortion as a birth control measure is ridiculous.... just like you.
I spent 20 years working with Title X family planning. I was responsible for showing the auditors where the spending went.
You might not want to hear about Title X, but that doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Hey...did you hear? 19 already born kids under 10 years old were shot dead at school in Texas. We COULD have had tougher laws on buying a gun, but we didn't. Should we approach that issue the same way we do abortions - ban all the guns?

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
Hey...did you hear? 19 already born kids under 10 years old were shot dead at school in Texas. We COULD have had tougher laws on buying a gun, but we didn't. Should we approach that issue the same way we do abortions - ban all the guns?

I can't think of one "tougher law" that would have actually worked....
  • Background check? He passed one.
  • Red flag laws? He had a clean record.
  • Waiting period? Doesn't seem like it would have mattered if it happened this week or next.
  • Banning scary looking "assault rifles"? Most "boring" hunting rifles are far more lethal... a .308 causes more damage than a .223 will...
  • Bans on magazines? It seems like he had 40 minutes before the cops rushed him. That's a lot of time to reload...
  • Raising the age for rifle ownership from 18 to 21? The 9th Circuit (clearly the most liberal circuit around) found Kalifornia's age restriction on centerfire rifles court as unconstitutional...
Can't wait to hear what KFC defines as "common sense".....

What might have worked?

• A school resource officer in the building... wouldn't have been any delay in responding
  • Locking the building... apparently the door he used was unlocked.

Reactions: SharoninSAT

KCFlyer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I can't think of one "tougher law" that would have actually worked....
  • Background check? He passed one.
  • Red flag laws? He had a clean record.
  • Waiting period? Doesn't seem like it would have mattered if it happened this week or next.
  • Banning scary looking "assault rifles"? Most "boring" hunting rifles are far more lethal... a .308 causes more damage than a .223 will...
  • Bans on magazines? It seems like he had 40 minutes before the cops rushed him. That's a lot of time to reload...
  • Raising the age for rifle ownership from 18 to 21? The 9th Circuit (clearly the most liberal circuit around) found Kalifornia's age restriction on centerfire rifles court as unconstitutional...
Can't wait to hear what KFC defines as "common sense".....

What might have worked?

• A school resource officer in the building... wouldn't have been any delay in responding
  • Locking the building... apparently the door he used was unlocked.
I know....if it's not 100%, dont' even try. Conservatives give up so easily

Should we make background checks more thorough?:

Should we require an comprensive mental health assessment?

I know that the constitution is sacred and our forefathers were the smartest and all knowing group (second only to the 45th president) and they would NEVER agree to any changes...even though the whole issue revolves around an AMENDMENT. They CAN be changed. The right wing doesn't want that though.

It's tougher to get an abortion in Texas than in it is to buy a gun in Texas. Activists were successful in saving the life of a 10 week old fetus, but we can't even THINK about something that might save the lives of 19 already living fourth graders.

La Li Lu Le Lo

Veteran
May 29, 2010
I know....if it's not 100%, dont' even try. Conservatives give up so easily

Should we make background checks more thorough?:

Should we require an comprensive mental health assessment?

I know that the constitution is sacred and our forefathers were the smartest and all knowing group (second only to the 45th president) and they would NEVER agree to any changes...even though the whole issue revolves around an AMENDMENT. They CAN be changed. The right wing doesn't want that though.

It's tougher to get an abortion in Texas than in it is to buy a gun in Texas. Activists were successful in saving the life of a 10 week old fetus, but we can't even THINK about something that might save the lives of 19 already living fourth graders.
OK dummy......

He didn't follow the laws we already had.

You tell me how making more laws will prevent people like him from murdering people in the future when the current laws were not followed.

Go ahead. Make up another absurd fictional story.

The best way to deal with those bastards is to shoot back.

Reactions: Zom JFK

KCFlyer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
OK dummy......

He didn't follow the laws we already had.

You tell me how making more laws will prevent people like him from murdering people in the future when the current laws were not followed.

Go ahead. Make up another absurd fictional story.

The best way to deal with those bastards is to shoot back.
Okay....the kid in Uvalde didn't become a criminal until AFTER he bought his gun. All he had to do on his birthday was show his drivers license, and hold on a sec while they performed a "while you wait" background check. Nothing in there, so he walks out in less time than it takes to have your oil changed at Walmart. So...which law should we enforce since none of the existing laws covered this shooting?

HOw many dead kids will it take before you are willing to go to the gun store, put in your request to purchase, and then go home while they take a week to do a deep background check. MIght toss in some mental health evaluation - since even the governor said that community has a big mental health issue (but despite that, it's still really easy to get a gun). But I think it was last month that the governor cut over $200 million to mental health programs. Yeah...it's a mental health issue...the whole community has mental health issues...I guess the best thing we can do is cut $200 million in mental health spending. Because we have a God given right to own weaponry. It's too bad the name In n Out is taken...it would make a perfect name for a Texas gun shop.

YOur hero, the 45 president who was cheated out of a second term, spoke at the NRA convention in Houston and said that the solution is more guns. It's not about guns...it's about evil. It's also about how to keep guns out of the hands of evil people...but that's never gonna happen. I guess he missed the report about 19 professional lawmen were just outside the door...all of them trained in the use of their weaponry. So how would more guns help anything? As for the good guy with a gun argument - try watching this

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
I've yet to see a reasonable solution proposed.

Funny how everyone on the left is OK with voting at 16, getting an abortion or gender change at 14, yet somehow you need to be 21 to buy cigarettes, alcohol or a handgun.....

Extended background checks?

Feel free to explain how "in depth" checks would have found anything on either this or the Buffalo shooter. Better yet, explain who is going to do all that legwork needed to connect pseudonyms on social media to real people.

KCFlyer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I've yet to see a reasonable solution proposed.

Funny how everyone on the left is OK with voting at 16, getting an abortion or gender change at 14, yet somehow you need to be 21 to buy cigarettes, alcohol or a handgun.....

Extended background checks?

Feel free to explain how "in depth" checks would have found anything on either this or the Buffalo shooter. Better yet, explain who is going to do all that legwork needed to connect pseudonyms on social media to real people.
WEll...part of that check would taking to friends. We found out that he had posted on social media before the shootings. His coworkers( not on social media) said he got violent when he got angry. That alone might set off some flags for further investigation.

FWIW...a 14 year old might have the option of abortion available...but let's play 18 year old. And She is 10 weeks pregnant. An 18 year old thug wants to by an AR15. Both are in Texas. At 1:00 p.m. she steps into an abortion clinic and he steps into a gun shop. By 2:00 p.m. she has been shown a video of aborted fetuses. She has been lectured on options, and she was told to take a week to think it over. By 2:00 p.m. he is getting in his car with an AR and magazine. Something just doesn't seem right here.