So Now What? More status quo?

UnitedChicago

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Hello

So we all know every time UA management gets invited to an investor conference, the headlines are "Tilton still sees consolidation a reality". While AA management generate headlines like "AA close to fleet modernization strategy" at similar conferences.

Seems like all Glenn and crew are doing is the minimum required to run UA as they wait for the big deal. Sure they're tending to the finances (e.g. paying down BK exit financing) but is that truly for the good of UA or just helping prep UA for the big deal that Glenn says is necessary?

So if the big deal doesn't present itself for another say 3 years, are we going to see more of the same?

Just a brief intro for discussion.

UC,
A very good question.

However, if one looks at the very few possible "link ups" for UAL, doubt still prevails.

Example;

UA-AA........"NO WAY" !!

UA-DL...A good fit, but the "Good ol' boys in "Hot-Lanta", are too dumb to see it.

UA-NW..........Forget it !!....I REPEAT, FORGET IT !!

UA-US.........US brings NOTHING, NADA, ZIP,...to UAL's table.

Which finally brings us to Continental, which would be a GREAT fit(EWR/NYC), but can Glenn, pull it off ???

NH/BB's

UC,
A very good question.

However, if one looks at the very few possible "link ups" for UAL, doubt still prevails.

Example;

UA-AA........"NO WAY" !!

UA-DL...A good fit, but the "Good ol' boys in "Hot-Lanta", are too dumb to see it.

UA-NW..........Forget it !!....I REPEAT, FORGET IT !!

UA-US.........US brings NOTHING, NADA, ZIP,...to UAL's table.

Which finally brings us to Continental, which would be a GREAT fit(EWR/NYC), but can Glenn, pull it off ???

NH/BB's

Looks like pretty soon the good ol'boys in "hot-lanta" may have been the bright ones to not want UAL.

Have a happy summer, looks like it's gonna be a hell-of-a-ride.

Well here we go again, potential for a summer of fun.

Good job Glenn, negotiate a responsible scheduling deal with the pilots and then float your bloated salary to the public. What the F did you expect would happen?

I really want to know what the man does all day. Perhaps meets with real estate agents to mine for new homes in the bay area? Pulls out his old tired speech about industry consolidation? Approves the new mohogany for his lush office on Wacker? Hears some overpaid consultant spout about yet another brand extension?

I still dont understood how the unions across the entire industry, but especially the pilots, could ignore economics and the handwriting during the approach to BK at just about all the legacy carriers. I mean look at the original ask that Creighton and crew asked for prior to UA's filing, read the quotes from the unions saying it was absurd, then look at what is currently in place.

However, it's clear to me now why this destructive cycles happens (sorry, it just took a while). When you have Glenn pulling in what he does, it's only natural to do the tit for tat that's under way.

Argh! ok -- i'm done ranting for now

Well here we go again, potential for a summer of fun.

Good job Glenn, negotiate a responsible scheduling deal with the pilots and then float your bloated salary to the public. What the F did you expect would happen?

I really want to know what the man does all day. Perhaps meets with real estate agents to mine for new homes in the bay area? Pulls out his old tired speech about industry consolidation? Approves the new mohogany for his lush office on Wacker? Hears some overpaid consultant spout about yet another brand extension?

I still dont understood how the unions across the entire industry, but especially the pilots, could ignore economics and the handwriting during the approach to BK at just about all the legacy carriers. I mean look at the original ask that Creighton and crew asked for prior to UA's filing, read the quotes from the unions saying it was absurd, then look at what is currently in place.

However, it's clear to me now why this destructive cycles happens (sorry, it just took a while). When you have Glenn pulling in what he does, it's only natural to do the tit for tat that's under way.

Argh! ok -- i'm done ranting for now

WOW! I could not have said it better myself. Glenn spends most of his time at the Four Seasons schmoozing having breaky schmoozing rather than run an airline.