So what happens to Tulsa?

The Phantom

Nov 29, 2011
So now that the companies plans have come to be, what is the second step in the overall plan? Could it be that Tulsa will be shed from the big picture? With all the other airlines pretty much letting overhaul disappear from there overall operation, when will the hammer fall on Tulsa?

All the other airlines have the mechanics pay for the line near what American Airlines is. But the overhaul expense is out of line with the industry now (with what has happened in the past with the other companies). Restarting overhaul as a new company? Sell it off? What will the future be?

The writing is on the wall.

So now that the companies plans have come to be, what is the second step in the overall plan? Could it be that Tulsa will be shed from the big picture? With all the other airlines pretty much letting overhaul disappear from there overall operation, when will the hammer fall on Tulsa?

All the other airlines have the mechanics pay for the line near what American Airlines is. But the overhaul expense is out of line with the industry now (with what has happened in the past with the other companies). Restarting overhaul as a new company? Sell it off? What will the future be?

What a relief, many of those in Line Maintenance are going to get what they wish for. The bankruptcy is the fault of the Overhaul in TUL. While were are on the subject, what about AFW and DWH and go ahead and ask your MCI questions, get it out of your system. Whatever is going to happen there is nothing the employees can do.

I will state that I feel that the cities of Tulsa and Fort Worth etc. will do everything they can to keep the workers employeed, however the conditions of employment will obviously change. If the seniority is a factor after all of this, maybe the line needs to watch their own backs and quit worrying about Tulsa.

What a relief, many of those in Line Maintenance are going to get what they wish for. The bankruptcy is the fault of the Overhaul in TUL. While were are on the subject, what about AFW and DWH and go ahead and ask your MCI questions, get it out of your system. Whatever is going to happen there is nothing the employees can do.

I will state that I feel that the cities of Tulsa and Fort Worth etc. will do everything they can to keep the workers employeed, however the conditions of employment will obviously change. If the seniority is a factor after all of this, maybe the line needs to watch their own backs and quit worrying about Tulsa.
From what I've heard in the past is that Horton doesn't like the OH business. So, maybe TUL, AFW, and DWH will all be gone.

IMHO, selling out your TUL brothers and sisters will not save your job.
B) xUT

Reactions: 1 person
My hunch....

Horton and Ream apparently are in favor of outsourcing MRO. My guesses...

1) Component overhaul, including TAESL, will be gone, along with the related backshops
2) An offshore MRO will be brought in, either as a JV partner or an outright buyer for TUL
3) An offshore MRO will be brought in, either as a JV partner or an outright buyer for AFW
4) DWH will remain an AA location

With the weaker dollar, it's not out of the question that oneworld could follow Skyteam's lead, and we'll all see BA and IB aircraft flying to OK and TX for overhauls.

My hunch....

1) Component overhaul, including TAESL, will be gone, along with the related backshops
2) An offshore MRO will be brought in, either as a JV partner or an outright buyer for TUL
3) An offshore MRO will be brought in, either as a JV partner or an outright buyer for AFW

With the weaker dollar, it's not out of the question that oneworld could follow Skyteam's lead, and we'll all see BA and IB aircraft flying to OK and TX for overhauls.
A change in the country's tax policy would surely bring work in. Maybe a labor friendly president can save Tulsa?

My hunch....

TAESL has been profitable for several years and has the only test cell in North America that can accomodate the Trent. If anything RR will offer the workers a contract if AA pulls the plug, since it would take 2-3 years to spool up new hires to produce the volume we due. If their is layoff and bump and roll, I really think TAESL will be red circled. jmo

Don't know what ur talking about . AA line pay is bottom of the Barrel Get it right !!!
Mr goodwench makes more than me per hr. By the way my second job pays 30.00 working
general aviation.Wheres my early out !!!

A change in the country's tax policy would surely bring work in. Maybe a labor friendly president can save Tulsa?
Oklahoma is almost like a different country, and isn't Sam labor friendly for the twu/company? I assume thats the president your talking about.

<_< -------- MCI? ------ The only difference will be that AA will be able to cut the last thread to the , now empty, Overhaul base, by dumping it's lease in court!

Reactions: 1 person

Another question, what is the TWU willing to give away to keep OH?

Seems very unfair to blame MOST OK. AA/AMT's for todays AA's/BK announcement, since they've been Voting
Y E S for decades. They've been "taking it in the shorts" WITH A SMILE from HDQ's, for as long as I can remember. Gee, I wonder how the.......around the dinner table discussions......are going in the Great State of OKIEHOMA tonight. :rolleyes: