So whats really going on with USAirways

davo77

Apr 30, 2008
SO I read alot on here, but dont post alot. I read as the pilots from east and west bicker back and forth. I see contract nego's basically dragging out going on 5 years now. The merger is almost 5 years old. Customers still complain about well, basically everything. Management obviously doesnt care that some F/As are literally on food stamps. Nor does management care that the Pilots have given them upwards of 8 Billion dollars since concessions were given eons ago.
I cant help but think this whole thing we call US Airways is about to go away. How? I dont know. Merger? Sold off? The warm and fuzzy feeling I used to have for this job is now pins and needles. Gate agents literally try and slam the door in our faces at the gate so they can get their bonus. Morale is down the toilet....what gives? What the heck is really happening at this airline!!???

Gate agents literally try and slam the door in our faces at the gate so they can get their bonus. Morale is down the toilet....what gives? What the heck is really happening at this airline!!???

Bonus? Seriously? Try they close the door to get the flight out on time so they don't get written up for a delay and get put on a discipline level for taking a delay. THIS HAS HAPPENED!
Morale, I agree with you on that one.
I know many agents that say they feel like they are being treated like kindergarten crooks.

Bonus? Seriously?
200% of there salary is what the upper management take home and station managers get a nice bonus, the employees take is maybe 50 dollars a month. America West management i runing this place into the ground, they are the laughing stock of the industry.

SO I read alot on here, but dont post alot. I read as the pilots from east and west bicker back and forth. I see contract nego's basically dragging out going on 5 years now. The merger is almost 5 years old. Customers still complain about well, basically everything. Management obviously doesnt care that some F/As are literally on food stamps. Nor does management care that the Pilots have given them upwards of 8 Billion dollars since concessions were given eons ago.
I cant help but think this whole thing we call US Airways is about to go away. How? I dont know. Merger? Sold off? The warm and fuzzy feeling I used to have for this job is now pins and needles. Gate agents literally try and slam the door in our faces at the gate so they can get their bonus. Morale is down the toilet....what gives? What the heck is really happening at this airline!!???

Wow! Easy easy! The last time I looked the sky was still hanging man!

I cant help but think this whole thing we call US Airways is about to go away.

While agree US has lots of problems...we are not going away.... If we survived the past 10 years there is no reason we wont survive for the forseeable future.

:blink:

Thanks for playing, you’ve been a wonderful contestant! Please exit through the 1L door. We have some lovely parting gifts for you at the top of the jetway.

200% of there salary is what the upper management take home and station managers get a nice bonus, the employees take is maybe 50 dollars a month. America West management i runing this place into the ground, they are the laughing stock of the industry.
BINGO

Merger coming soon, merger coming soon, merger comings soon...American. The hold up is the final approval on the Delta slot transaction. I can't wait until this can of worms is opened up. Happy joy!

Merger coming soon, merger coming soon, merger comings soon...American. The hold up is the final approval on the Delta slot transaction. I can't wait until this can of worms is opened up. Happy joy!

Yikes!

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or scream.

What a cluster f... that would be. Why not throw UA into the mix, too?

Yeah...that's the ticket...a three-way with AA and UA!

American Airlines has no need for US.

I just want to say that I love my job! I work with great people and have wonderfull benfits! Also something new is that people in my state are so poor that I'm actualy moving up the social economic ladder because everyone else is moving down. Life is good.

American is a good bet. I expect an announcement after the 9th rules and the seniority issue with the pilots is more definite - probably later this year when the economy is better than today and investors may be more interested in a deal like this.
LCC is obviously positioning itself to integrate with AA - American is strong in BOS where US is decresasing ops; ditto for NYC. DCA is a US stronghold and very valuable - a great asset to compete against UAL in IAD. CLT with its new runway and new terminal space not far away is an ideal connecting hub in the SE to compete with the new DAL/NW megacarrier. The only piece of the puzzle that does not fit is PHX. AA has DFW and LAX - so PHX is ???
Because of the NY-DCA slot transaction, a UAL merge is unlikely. CAL doesn't want to merge at all, and other 2nd tier carriers like JB or AK just don't bring synergistic value to a merger scenario.
An AA with BOS/PHL/CLT/MIA east coast international departures, ORD, DFW, and LAX international hubs, along with NY and DCA sounds like a powerful competitor to Delta and LUV, and in this new age ya gotta be huge to survive (remember, 'too big to fail'?).
Why a merger and not just let US die and pick up the pieces? Because the process can be controlled without interference from a pesky BK judge and the price is relatively cheap right now (maybe even cheaper than in BK) - and DP wants to make a deal.
Cheers.

I just want to say that I love my job! I work with great people and have wonderfull benfits! Also something new is that people in my state are so poor that I'm actualy moving up the social economic ladder because everyone else is moving down. Life is good.
What ashame, another life ruined from smoking crack. Or mayybe you don't work for this airline. :lol: