Some Have Finally Left.

Sep 2, 2002
I hate to add fuel to the fire, but I'm curious... How many of the people posting complaints ridiculing employees for walking off the job, are the same one's that said these very employees should just leave, if they don't like the job?

I mean really, for the past couple of years I have read post after post from these die hard, "give me all you've got" employees, telling the rest of us to just leave if we don't like it here! Well, guess what, some did, and now you don't like that either! What is it you WOULD like? Oh right, to suffer like fools along side you, and keep our mouths shut while we do it!

SORRY!

What happened and continues to happen in Philly has very little to do with a few people walking off the line...and my response to those that supposedly did? GOOD RIDDANCE. Now if those that placed bogus sick calls would follow suit, at least we would all have a better idea of who wants to be here and who does not.

Hey flyguy,

First off, what a wussy reply! Is that the best you have? You didn't even comment directly to my post, so why bother?

As for those left that should leave, how about New Years eve? Maybe they'll all leave you with the pile of crap you really want to call home! More power to you.

By the way, grow some will you?

pitguy-

Oh I agree completely... Heads should roll and some Management should be shown the door as well.

Imamec,itsmyfault-

That WAS my response to your ridiculous nonsense. I won't bother with addressing you further, clearly you are the one without a clue attacking those that don't share your warped "minority" viewpoint. Why don't you Go ahead and walk away yourself? Your bitterness is unbecoming.

I left in November,this is the first Xmas that I have been off in 21 years.I miss the great employees,but I don't miss the low morale and inept management.
What's happening in PHl is not the ramp agents fault,on a slow day they are understaffed by 40 agents at the start of the shift.
It's so sad to see this company go down the toilet like this,but management is to blame,not the workers!
Happy Holidays to all!

Imamec said:
I hate to add fuel to the fire, but I'm curious... How many of the people posting complaints ridiculing employees for walking off the job, are the same one's that said these very employees should just leave, if they don't like the job?
At least one.

"If you don't like the job, leave", means resigning your position and working out the transition according to the rules of the job. It doesn't mean not showing up the morning you are supposed to work and then showing up again whenever you feel like it and expecting to continue to be paid going forward.

If all those who decided not to show up truly have quit and won't come back and expect no more paychecks, then the day of pain may have been worth it. I would put money on almost all of them showing up lying through their teeth "sure some we're faking, but I really was sick" and expecting to contiunue as if nothing happened.

The former is making a logical, rational decision to seek alternatives because your current choice is unacceptable.

The latter is unethical, petty, vindictive behaviour.

Curious, do you think everyone out sick truly was sick (I didn't hear anything about a sudden pandemic.) If not, you you think it was acceptable?

flyguy121 said:
pitguy-

Oh I agree completely... Heads should roll and some Management should be shown the door as well.

Imamec,itsmyfault-

That WAS my response to your ridiculous nonsense. I won't bother with addressing you further, clearly you are the one without a clue attacking those that don't share your warped "minority" viewpoint. Why don't you Go ahead and walk away yourself? Your bitterness is unbecoming.
[post="231460"][/post]​
AT THIS POINT IN TIME,WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT ANYTHING ANYMORE??
:down:
i bet U airs bountiful list of saavy dip investors grow longer by the minute..... :up:

Imamec said:

I mean really, for the past couple of years I have read post after post from these die hard, "give me all you've got" employees, telling the rest of us to just leave if we don't like it here! Well, guess what, some did, and now you don't like that either! What is it you WOULD like? Oh right, to suffer like fools along side you, and keep our mouths shut while we do it!

SORRY!
[post="231450"][/post]​

No, Im not happy now. I don't think walking off the job is exactly taking the high road. Too late, the bad seeds have already played their part in running this company into the ground. Walking off the job during a major holiday is not excatly what we had in mind. How about giving proper notice-two weeks etc. Besides, I really would be curious as to how many really walked off as opposed to calling in. Cuz most of the employees of their ilk would not just walk off, they would be too afraid to loose whatever entitlements they thinik they deserve, if U were to go under such as the unemployment, retraining etc. And many have their hands out for the buyout.

Al Crellin should be called on the carpet in front of the BOD...and fired..plain and simple...This is of his making............

He is the Executive Vice President of Operation....

Do you hear us .....Dr. Dave and Bruce....

Imamec said:

SORRY!
[post="231450"][/post]​

What is it we would like, hmmm....what is it we would like, hmmm.... Ok, we told the rest to leave if they didn't like it here; that means give your two weeks notice and walk out the door. That doesn't mean pull a no show on a holiday and play hookey. So what WOULD we like? How about a little common courtesy to your fellow employees; give a two week notice, good luck, God speed, and go on your merry way.

flyguy121 said:
What happened and continues to happen in Philly has very little to do with a few people walking off the line...and my response to those that supposedly did? GOOD RIDDANCE. Now if those that placed bogus sick calls would follow suit, at least we would all have a better idea of who wants to be here and who does not.
[post="231456"][/post]​

Fire the ones that placed bogus calls; let's get rid of the chaff, and we'll be cleaner and leaner without them. At least we'll know the ones left behind really want to be here.

The Lazarusman
FSA Lead
USAirways DFW

The latter is unethical, petty, vindictive behaviour.

This is the best distillation I have ever seen to describe the management of USAirways.

Al Crellin should be called on the carpet in front of the BOD...and fired..plain and simple...This is of his making............

He is the Executive Vice President of Operation....

Do you hear us .....Dr. Dave and Bru

I would be willing to bet all my Christmas presents that neither Dr Dave nor Al Crellin spent any time on the ramp in Philadelphia trying to help. And you know something.....had either of them suited up in some coveralls and gone out to the ramp to toss a few bags on carts or do a lav service...it would have gone miles towards earning concessions from the employeess.