AFA and ALPA have been notified by US Airways Travel Services
Department that effective October 1st, 2005 we will be
transitioning to six of America West hotels. The AFA and ALPA
Crew Accommodations Representatives from US Airways were not
involved in the decision to move to these facilities that had
been previously selected by America West and do not agree in the
way this decision was made. AFA and ALPA are currently
evaluating our options with regards to this decision and will
keep the membership posted of any changes.

The following cities are affected:

BOS/L
DEN/L
LAX/S
ORD/L
PHX/L
SAN/S

The OF-310 form is available on the HUB and the AFA web site.
Please take advantage of this with regards to your layovers,
while at work or home. Also, please ensure that your name and
e-mail address is correct so that we may reply to your concerns.

The AFA web site is not a secure site therefore the names of the
properties referred to in this e-line will be posted on the AFA
boards located in each domicile.

. i am really not worried for any xcept the phx layover. hp doesen't even layover in phx so i do not understand that one. it's one of the best layover's in the domestic system. i think we are gonna stay in mesa from now on instead of scottsdale. also curious to know where hp layover in bos and ord.

etops1 said:
CREW ACCOMMODATIONS UPDATE SEPTEMBER
AFA and ALPA have been notified by US Airways Travel Services
Department that effective October 1st, 2005 we will be
transitioning to six of America West hotels. The AFA and ALPA
Crew Accommodations Representatives from US Airways were not
involved in the decision to move to these facilities that had
been previously selected by America West and do not agree in the
way this decision was made. AFA and ALPA are currently
evaluating our options with regards to this decision and will
keep the membership posted of any changes.

The following cities are affected:

BOS/L
DEN/L
LAX/S
ORD/L
PHX/L
SAN/S

The OF-310 form is available on the HUB and the AFA web site.
Please take advantage of this with regards to your layovers,
while at work or home. Also, please ensure that your name and
e-mail address is correct so that we may reply to your concerns.

The AFA web site is not a secure site therefore the names of the
properties referred to in this e-line will be posted on the AFA
boards located in each domicile.

. i am really not worried for any xcept the phx layover. hp doesen't even layover in phx so i do not understand that one. it's one of the best layover's in the domestic system. i think we are gonna stay in mesa from now on instead of scottsdale. also curious to know where hp layover in bos and ord.
[post="302251"][/post]​
[/quot
I have seen the location and names of the replacements. The new locations for DEN/L and BOS/L are AWFUL! . WHAT SHAME!! :down: So sad to see the PHX/L go away. That after DUB was the best in the system.

Now this is probably just because US could reject its contracts with its hotels in bankruptcy, while HP is stuck with its contracts.

But it sure seems like another example of Mirror Image...I see lots of things around here being done the HP way (hotels, pretzels, oxygen, pets, UNMRs, laptop power ports)...not much at all being done the US way...I thought this was about taking the best parts of both carriers. :rolleyes:

Assuming they are the same hotels....

DEN/L has a nice crew menu that you can request at the front desk. The food is good and cheap.

BOS is a nice hotel, just not much to do. Very good breakfast buffet for $7.95. You will get a coupon with your room key.

LAX/S, the van always seems to be there on time.

SAN/S, I don't much care for this one either.

PHX, sorry but I never stayed there....lol

One more thing....

If you PM me with the name of the hotel and your badge number I will give more detail. I will verify badge numbers before I send detailed information since that information is sensitive. I think I can arrange to verify badge numbers and will find out for sure.

Let me know if you are interested...

Dont forget--the new US is a LOW COST CARRIER. That applies to the public's ability to purchase tickets as well as the cost of running the airline. There will be a lot of changes coming from both directions, and they will be permanent. Doug runs a VERY lean operation. :)

I also agree that Mr. Parker will try to squeeze everything to get costs down. I have no idea if concessions are coming other than I feel he believes that he can run US with HP wages. Figure that out for yourselves. I would also ask you whether the overnight hotels are more important than what is is your wallet at the end of the day.

hulagirl said:
Dont forget--the new US is a LOW COST CARRIER.
[post="302442"][/post]​

Bring on the cool western efficiency. :rolleyes:

hulagirl said:
There will be a lot of changes coming from both directions, and they will be permanent.
[post="302442"][/post]​

Well that sounds like a positively awful idea. If they make a change, and find it doesn't work, it sure better not be permanent just to save face.

markkus757 said:
I would also ask you whether the overnight hotels are more important than what is is your wallet at the end of the day.
[post="302457"][/post]​

Lord knows it doesn't affect me either way. I'm just asking if the new hotels are really cheaper, or if they were just chosen by default since they're the HP ones.

ringmaruf said:
Bring on the cool western efficiency. :rolleyes:
Well that sounds like a positively awful idea. If they make a change, and find it doesn't work, it sure better not be permanent just to save face.
Lord knows it doesn't affect me either way. I'm just asking if the new hotels are really cheaper, or if they were just chosen by default since they're the HP ones.
[post="302481"][/post]​
If you look at the short history of AWA, they have tried, over the years (B4 Doug) to "build a better mousetrap". What has worked has stayed, what hasn't has left.
They don't keep a change simply to keep it. If it proves worthy, it stays; if not, it goes.
Sorry if I offended you, but what I have observed at AWA since I have been here is that they will do whatever they can to do things cheaply. Hotels, cleaning, etc.
I was used to Marriotts, and got to learn to live with Holiday Inn's (not that there aren't some nice Holiday Inn's out there. Somewhere). The cleaners are outsourced and, quite frankly, they don't seem to clean anything past what is on the aisle seat in front of them.
Have a wonderful day.

ringmaruf said:
Now this is probably just because US could reject its contracts with its hotels in bankruptcy, while HP is stuck with its contracts.

But it sure seems like another example of Mirror Image...I see lots of things around here being done the HP way (hotels, pretzels, oxygen, pets, UNMRs, laptop power ports)...not much at all being done the US way...I thought this was about taking the best parts of both carriers. :rolleyes:
[post="302369"][/post]​
I knew it happen. Wait & see what they do to inflight service procedures.

Just wait. If they follow HP catering we double provision the meals and beverages on all flights out of PHL/CLT. What I mean is that you get provisioned with beverages,liquor,and meals for the round trip of the A/C. For example out of PHX to EWR everything for PHX/EWR/PHX is boarded in PHX. So if the inbound crew uses more than they should you have less for the return flight.

multitasker said:
Just wait. If they follow HP catering we double provision the meals and beverages on all flights out of PHL/CLT. What I mean is that you get provisioned with beverages,liquor,and meals for the round trip of the A/C. For example out of PHX to EWR everything for PHX/EWR/PHX is boarded in PHX. So if the inbound crew uses more than they should you have less for the return flight.
[post="302536"][/post]​
we do this already on some carribean flts

Latest posts