Some maintenance staffed base closings

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
The layoffs have been determined! Expect the official company notification by tomorrow.
In addition to SNA closing as a maintnenance station, HOU, BDL,BNA,IAD, and possibly another which escapes me right now.

There will be mechanic layoffs at other line stations as well.

Stay tuned.

Layoff notices by the end of this week.

Did I mention they just hired two sepervisors at JFK?

The layoffs have been determined! Expect the official company notification by tomorrow.
In addition to SNA closing as a maintnenance station, HOU, BDL,BNA,IAD, and possibly another which escapes me right now.

Any idea where these mechanics affected will be allowed to bump into, or is that not yet available information?

Any idea where these mechanics affected will be allowed to bump into, or is that not yet available information?

I believe they're all system protected,and they will bump the junior people throughout the system. Local 562 is trying to determine if JFK and LGA have openings since they have not replaced retired or terminated mechanics. If they're are available slots, I believe BDL and those six mechanics being laid off at EWR could come to JFK/LGA without bumping.

Hopeful,
As you know SO well, It,s just the TIP of the Iceberg !!

Funny thing though, "uncle BOBBY" had stated that "this" very well could become reality .

And he said it ..."15" YEARS AGO !

(Shortly after he had "hand picked" a young "hot shot" fresh out of business school)

Interesting.......very Interesting :rolleyes:

NH/BB's

Hopeful,
As you know SO well, It,s just the TIP of the Iceberg !!

Funny thing though, "uncle BOBBY" had stated that "this" very well could become reality .

And he said it ..."15" YEARS AGO !

(Shortly after he had "hand picked" a young "hot shot" fresh out of business school)

Interesting.......very Interesting :rolleyes:

NH/BB's

True, what I see down the road is possible closing ALL stations unless they are Class I. This may be the "easing" into it.

Keep in mind that when a flight crew knows there are no AA mechanics staffed where they are flying into, they won't write up any items unless they are no-go and non-airworthy items.

Stay tuned.

Layoff notices by the end of this week.

Did I mention they just hired two sepervisors at JFK?
Just about every class two got hit for at least a few AMT's upwards of 16 at SJC. The total was 151, but they claim to have an enhanced stand and stead coming out Monday. BTW--It's IAH that closed.

We are hearing that NY is the lowest seniority system wide. Not confirmed but this is what we have been hearing for a while. Looks like SAN is on the block for 5 guys. Stand in stead is not likely because most, if not all, eligible people took the early out last time around.

I do feel that this is the tip of the iceberg too. AA never does anything over night. (Well, they canned the overnight cabin cleaners here overnight after the concessions.) To stay competetive it is the feeling that AA will close all, if not most, Class II stations in the future.

Subject: RIF INFO FOR LOCAL 564
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:09:10 +0000

This is an UN-OFFICIAL release of those stations affected either through a Reduction in Force or station closure. I have only included those stations covered under Local 564. I will leave it to the other Presidents to inform their members of any closures in their respective regions. There will be a formal release from Line Maintenance Vice President, Danny Martinez, sometime Monday, April 24th, if not sooner.

STATION SLATED FOR CLOSURE:

SNA

UN-OFFICIAL POTENTIALLY RIFFED HEADCOUNT NUMBERS (This does not include Stand in Stead enhancement package figures. This number could potentially be adjusted once that information is received). These are not finalized numbers.

LAS 5 AMTs 1 Stores
PHX 6 AMTs 1 Stores
SAN 5 AMTs 1 Stores
SEA 6 AMTS 1 Stores
SJC 16 AMTs 3 Stores

Here is the list of new American Eagle personnel openings:

LAS 5 AMTs 1 Stores

PHX 6 AMTs 1 Stores

SAN 5 AMTs 1 Stores

SEA 6 AMTs 1 Stores

SJC 16 AMTs 3 Stores