Someone‘s Lying To The Press

deltawatch

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
This cut and paste came from the same news story? ;)
Someone’s lying to the press

Richard Branson, the U.K. billionaire who controls Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd., said today that he had discussed partnering with US Airways on a low-fare U.S. carrier he has proposed starting next year. Branson also said the prospective airline, Virgin USA, might acquire some of the shuttle, airport or regional airline assets that US Airways has said could be sold to raise cash.

-------------------------------------------

``We are not in any discussions with Virgin USA or any other Virgin representatives,'' said David Castelveter, a US Airways spokesman.

fibbers????? when did they deny anything? Dave said that the "rumor" was virgin was talking , he did not deny it.

"had discussed" and "are in discussions" are two totally separate things. Virgin may "have discussed" the issues of aquiring Shuttle or other assets but that does not mean that it is still an active discussion.

Piney is right. These guys are expert media spin artists.

If Richard Branson sits down with his VP's over lunch and they "discuss" creating a LCC using assets that currently belong to US Airways, doesn't that make his statement above true?

A senior manager at the firm I work for gave me one piece of advice as I move up the ranks: "Believe your own lies." As the years have gone by, I've come to realize the wisdom of this statement. Spin is endemic in every organization, so US is no exception in this regard.

Sounds like a "I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN" or " DEFINE SEX".
Gee, maybe she had sex with me but I didn't with her????
Spoken by another EX-LEADER

Maybe they should change the corporate policy to "We are unable to comment on that at this time". Would sure make things look a lot better down the road when they contract out, um, I mean actually do something with Virgin. :shock:

Heres the answer to who's talking......

"Given the significant changes in the industry, as has been previously reported, US Airways has engaged investment banking advisors in an exploratory process to identify and value its assets, and that includes identifying potential buyers".

Usairways.com